FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

06 DEC 2011 Council meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 06 DEC 2011 Council meeting
    Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 3:21pm

Just a few words on my way to the doc for a check-up:

My computer remains with the Geek Squad. No word yet on when I will be getting it back. I hope that someone else will go through the workbook for tomorrow’s council meeting, as I will not be able to do so and there appears to be some items that need scrutiny. Example??? A “resolution amending the Plan Document for the Ohio Municipal League 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and declaring an emergency.” I wonder what this is about???

Note to Viet Vet: Sorry to hear that Kat had another event. Hope that all is well.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 7:12am
Workbook observations.....

(c) Receive and File Oaths of Office:
Dana Wysong
Tyler Simpson
(d) Approve Personnel Appointment:
Christine Sorrell-Patrol Officer

THOUGHT THE CITY WAS DOWNSIZING? WHY THE OATH TO TWO PEOPLE HERE AND WHY THE APPROVAL OF CHRISTINE SORRELL AS PATROL OFFICER? THOUGHT WE WERE CUTTING COPS TOO??

1. Ordinance No. O2011-55, an ordinance authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Job Creation Incentive
Grant with Barrett Paving. (2nd Reading

SEEMS WE DO AN AWFUL LOT OF WORK WITH BARRETT. REALIZE THEY HAVE AN ASPHALT PLANT IN TOWN, BUT ARE THEY ALWAYS THE LOWEST BIDDER ON JOBS? ARE THEY THE ONLY BIDDER?

3. Ordinance No. O2011-62, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a contract with Andritz
Services Center for the repair a centrifuge and declaring an emergency
WHAT CENTRIFUGE? LOCATED WHERE? LAB SIZE OR INDUSTRIAL SIZE? NEEDED FOR WHAT? CHEAPER TO REPAIR OR BUY NEW? HOW OLD IS THIS EQUIP? WHAT IS THE WARRANTY FOR THEIR WORK?

5. Resolution No. R2011-49, a resolution authorizing transfers of the various funds and declaring an emergency.
(No action requested until December 20th

SPECIFICALLY WHAT FUNDS MOVED WHERE FOR WHAT REASON?

6. Ordinance No. O2011-63, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing an amendment to a
contract with OPB Americas Inc. to perform a comprehensive transit system route study. (1st Reading

WHY IS A STUDY NEEDED? WHY CAN'T THIS BE ASSESSED IN-HOUSE AS TO COST OF OPERATION, RIDERSHIP, IS IT WORTH IT FOR THE MONEY SPENT?

7. Ordinance No. O2011-64, an ordinance authorizing the purchase of a fuel management system from W. C.
Storey & Son, Inc. (1st Reading)

HOW MANY SUBMITTERS FOR THIS PURCHASE? WAS THIS THE LOWEST BIDDER THAT CAN STILL DELIVER WHAT IS NEEDED? WHAT IS THE GUARANTEES AFTER INSTALLATION? WHO WILL DO THE MAINT.?

8. Resolution No. R2011-50, a resolution authorizing the contribution of a municipal corporation funds to
Middletown Moving Forward, Inc. (1st Reading

AS ANOTHER POSTER MENTIONED.....WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT? WHO DOES IT BENEFIT? IS IT THE CITY SPONSORING MORE MMF AGENDAS AGAINST THE CITIZENS? WHAT DOES THIS FUND DO FOR THE CITY AND IT'S CITIZENS?

DO ANY OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS EVER ASK THESE QUESTIONS PRIOR TO APPROVING RESOLUTIONS? NEVER HEAR ANY IN-DEPTH INTERROGATION FROM COUNCIL ON INFO. RECEIVED FROM GILLELAND'S MINIONS FROM THE CITY BUILDING. READ THROUGH LAUBACH'S PROPOSAL ON PUTTING $950,000 PER YEAR OUT OF 24 MILLION FOR STREETS AND INFRASTRUCTURE. TYPICAL "AROUND THE ROOM" DISCUSSION GOING NOWHERE FROM COUNCIL. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT REGARDLESS OF THE TOPIC, THEY JUST CAN'T COME TO A CONSENSUS THE FIRST GOAROUND. A CONSTANT PISSING MATCH BETWEEN MEMBERS. MEANWHILE, NOTHING GETS DONE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME....IF AT ALL.

THANKS MIKE, SHE IS BACK HOME AGAIN. DON'T KNOW WHEN THE NEXT ONE WILL HIT....UNPREDICTABLE. MAKES ONE PARANOID.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 12:10pm
Why bother worrying about the city,county,state or federal politicians and what they say or do? It looks like the idiots count on other idiots to elect them and in turn they (elected officials) do what ever the hell they want to becuase they know that in the end they can count on their group of idiots to re elect them.For me I say let them do what they want,to hell with them they are gonna do what they want any way why stress.My advice is to hunker down and prepare yourselves for whats coming ahead (2012) things will get worse.

Maybe when we hit rock bottom and people see what its like they may start careing enough to vote the scoundrels out of office.The fact is the general public is too busy with tv and video games to notice what these people are doing.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Why bother worrying about the city,county,state or federal politicians and what they say or do? It looks like the idiots count on other idiots to elect them and in turn they (elected officials) do what ever the hell they want to becuase they know that in the end they can count on their group of idiots to re elect them.For me I say let them do what they want,to hell with them they are gonna do what they want any way why stress.My advice is to hunker down and prepare yourselves for whats coming ahead (2012) things will get worse.

Maybe when we hit rock bottom and people see what its like they may start careing enough to vote the scoundrels out of office.The fact is the general public is too busy with tv and video games to notice what these people are doing.
AMEN!!!!!!!!
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 9:02pm
Vet, the police are able to replace officers who resign or retire if that position is in the budget for 2012. Steve Getter, police officer, just resigned so they are filling his spot, not adding personnel. I believe their staffing went from 79 officers to 75 for the new budget.
AK - What is going on with that?
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by AKBobby AKBobby wrote:

Vet, the police are able to replace officers who resign or retire if that position is in the budget for 2012. Steve Getter, police officer, just resigned so they are filling his spot, not adding personnel. I believe their staffing went from 79 officers to 75 for the new budget.

Geoff Getter?? Isn't Steve a FF in West Chester?
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 2:45pm
I like how ASJ won't vote to create a street fund unless she knows where the money is coming from.  Sounds to me like she doesn't feel streets are a priority for a city to provide.  If she did then she would first vote for the creation of the fund and THEN find where to take money from.  That's like saying to your spouse that you won't fix the hole in the roof or put food in the fridge until you know where to trim the family budget.

What does it matter where it is coming from??  Take it from the golf course, public safety, TVM, or the sacred community center.  wherever you take it from, street repair needs to happen!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic