FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMF gets $75,000 from City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jack Black View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 1:35pm
Viet Vet,
You and yours remain in our thoughts and prayers.  Thanks for all that you do to share the truth with us.  May 2012 bring your wife, you and yours health, happiness and hope.  Merry Christmas to a fine man.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 3:51pm
Hopefully things will improve, Vet
All the best to your family and you

Same to pacman, ms.pacman and pacman jr.

and everyone else stopping by this place
regardless of where you stand

may we all find common ground and positive direction asap
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 4:53pm
Common ground. That would help.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 6:45pm
Laying off cops and fire fighters while spending money to buy Sorg Opera?
There has to be some other reason for the money to MMF.
Our city fathers can't be that stupid!
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 7:25pm
If people aren't smart enough to figure out you can't use the Sorg $$ for public safety, then those people....well, you get the point. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 9:36pm
A couple of years ago, I learned(the hard way) that this was not "my town" any more.
Was a sad day

imo the city missed their shot at the Sorg years ago.
Ain't much left now
Same for the rest of our former center of activity

Gone
like my last paycheck
gone gone away

Gone
like the car I wrecked
gone gone away
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 9:52pm
Gentlemen
Ms Judy stated that the $75,000 gift to MMF was coming from the Property Development Fund which had a current balance of $390,000.
Two months from now can MMF come back for another $100,000?
Ms Judy, Mr Adkins and city council have purchased numerous properties over the past four years…..Sooo why do we now need MMF to purchase property?
Don’t ya think it would be good old common business sense to first sell a few of the white elephants that we already own before we go out and purchase more?
Ya see...I’m having a real problem with that pesky little thing called “Return On Investment”.

Jack Black View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 11:21pm
Watch out for more of Mr. Adkins boondoggles involving "funny money" from the Feds!  GOD forgive these wasteful bureaucrats!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

If people aren't smart enough to figure out you can't use the Sorg $$ for public safety, then those people....well, you get the point. 
The "Sorg $$"???  What exactly are "Sorg $$"???  I didn't realize that we taxpayers (or the City, for that matter) had any "Sorg $$"!!!

Where did these "Sorg $$" come from, and why should a group such as MMF (who has NO accountability to the taxpayers and whose meetings and meeting minutes are not open to the taxpayers) be given taxpayers' funds from a cash poor city to spend with no oversight??? 

Well, you get the point.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 6:15am
One more thing on the video from the city building people......

I noticed that the only council people involved were Mulligan and Smith. To their credit, Scott-Jones, Laubach, Becker, Allen and Picard spared themselves some embarrasment on this one. Landen, Carolus, Phillips and others......that's another story IMO. Spider.....haven 't given up on the "my town" thing as yet. Sooner or later, these 's will be gone and a new set of so-called city leaders will emerge. Hopefully, (said with little confidence) , they will be better than this group of misfits. We have to have hit bottom with Gilleland, Mulligan, Kohler, Landen and others as city leaders. Won't say it can't get worse but will say this group is the "bottom of the barrel" quality. Sadly, the damage is done.......cue the Foreigner song.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 8:09am

Gone

like my last paycheck

gone gone away

Gone

like the car I wrecked

gone gone away
[/QUOTE]

The one sensible thing I've read on here in a long time: a John Hiatt song. :) "Gone" is a good song, but not the best from that album. The title track is beautiful. Spider, if you haven't heard his latest album, you should... I think it's one of his best.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic