FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1/03/2012 Council meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1/03/2012 Council meeting
    Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:45pm

Does anyone know why tonight’s City Council meeting is not being televised???

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 7:13pm
Maybe those newly elected council members wanted to have a secret meeting. You know where they count all of the city’s money that they have been holding back from the citizens. I can see them all now rolling in the piles of dough that our precious old, retired, noncontributing tax-payers continue to give our coiffures. Maybe, they all went out with hammers and other wrecking devices to bang the streets up some more so that we would have something to complain about this year. Now I remember why the council meeting wasn’t on tonight…there was a party over at the secret headquarters of the MMF I saw the purple M with a dagger through it shining bright in the sky calling them all home or maybe TV Middletown was just having technical difficulty, I guess we will never know
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 9:33pm
Mike
A current City Manager's Weekly Newsletter has not been posted either.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 11:50pm
The number one problem with this Admin./ council NO consistence in informing taxpayers of OUR business!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 12:15am

Crazycatcher:

Great!!! Now you want us poor,old, retired, noncontributing tax-payers” to pay for your hair-dos (coiffures)???  Or is it just that you don’t understand the tax structure wherein most of us “old, retired, noncontributing tax-payers” pay thousands of dollars per year in property taxes, license plate fees, gasoline tax, and sales tax—most of which finds its way back into the City of Middletown (or the MCSD) coffers in one form or another??? Big%20smile

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 2:23am
"DC Council TV feed cut when ethics question comes up..." ... Washingtonexaminer.com

(Maybe that is what happen last night at Middletown's City Council meeting??? Big%20smile)
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 6:57am
ATTENTION! IMPORTANT NEWS FROM YOUR MIDDLETOWN JOURNAL.....INFORMATION YOU MUST KNOW.....

Picard voted as vice mayor by Middletown council

MIDDLETOWN — Fourth Ward Councilman Dan Picard was tapped to be the next vice mayor for the city by unanimous vote Tuesday night.

UNANIMOUS, MIND YOU. NO DESSENTIONS WHAT SO EVER! AN OVERWHELMING ENDORSEMENT!

Thank you very much,” he said after the roll call vote. “I appreciate the support of my colleagues on council

COME ON DANNY. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE "SUPPORT OF YOUR COLLEAGUES". THEY PASS THIS POSITION AROUND LIKE A BOTTLE OF JACK AT AN ALCOHOLICS CONVENTION AS A TOKEN GESTURE FOR SERVING ON COUNCIL. AIN'T NO BIG DEAL. IT'S LAWRENCE'S WAY OF GROOMING HIS PEOPLE TO BE LEADERS AND TO LEARN TO CONDUCT MEETINGS. YOU ARE IN TRAINING. AJ SMITH AND JOSH LAUBACH WILL NOT BE GIVEN THIS OPPORTUNITY. THEY HAVE TICKED THE MAYOR OFF. YOU DON'T TICK LAWRENCE OFF WITHOUT BEING PUT IN YOUR PLACE.

“I’m somewhat humbled by the opportunity to serve the city,” Picard said after the meeting. “Obviously I enjoy what I’m doing and I hope that my being vice mayor will allow me to do even more for the city

YEAH, YOU'VE DONE A BANG UP JOB SON. YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO DO MORE. YOU'VE DONE QUITE ENOUGH ALREADY. HEY! YOU SHOULD FEEL HUMBLED. IT'S OVERWHELMING BUD. HELL, WE'RE ALL JUST HAPPY YOU WERE CHOSEN TO THIS ESTEEMED POSITION.

Mayor Larry Mulligan said Picard “will do a great job” in the role.

“He’s got a number of years experience as a local attorney and a business owner,” he said. “His depth of experience and his couple years on council will provide a good guide

HE'LL DO A GREAT JOB, AS LONG AS HE TOWS THE LINE AND STAYS IN HIS PLACE DOING WHAT A GOOD MMF SERVANT DOES. HIS "DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE WILL PROVIDE A GOOD GUIDE" AND HOW WILL THAT HAPPEN LAWRENCE? HOW WILL HIM BEING AN ATTORNEY AND BUSINESS OWNER HELP? WE HAVE A "TOP NOTCH" LAW DIRECTOR (did I say that?) AND THE TOWN HAS CERTAINLY PROVEN THEY ARE ABOUT AS BUSINESS UNFRIENDLY AS THEY COULD BE. HOW WILL HIM BEING A BUSINESS OWNER HELP HERE? ADMIT IT LAWRENCE. WHAT YOU SAID WAS CRAP, WASN'T IT?

While the title is more ceremonial, Mulligan said Picard will assist him in attending various events if he cannot make them. He will also run City Council meetings if Mulligan cannot attend

SEE DANNY, CEREMONIAL.... ANYONE CAN CUT A RIBBON, SHAKE A HAND, READ A PROCLAMATION OR GIVE A SPEECH. NOTHING TO GET YOUR KNICKERS IN A KNOT ABOUT.

I LOVE THIS CRAP THE JOURNAL FEEDS IT'S READERS. ALL FLUFF....ALL EMBELLISHMENT...ENTERTAINING FROM A COMICAL STANDPOINT...NO SUBSTANCE NOR IMPORTANCE.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 10:17am
Will there be any explanation as to why the 1/3/12 council meeting was not televised? Or why no city manager newsletter? Probably not until a meeting is held to decide the proper "story" to foist on a citizenry that remains blissfully ignorant of the damage done to the reputation of the city. Does anyone know what happened at the council meeting? Did anyone attend? Was there even a workbook distributed?
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 10:27am
Went to City website, read the workbook. Not much on the agenda. Maybe they assumed since so little was being done, it was a waste of time and money to televise. 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 10:32am

Tony,

It was a historic meeting, and our historic mayor made the historic appointment of historic Dan Picard as the historic vice-mayor.  He was confirmed by a historic unanimous vote.

All of the above occurred in the HISTORIC downtown area of historic Middletown!!!

…Historic Mike

TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 10:51am
Mr. P,

Would this lack of a televised meeting be considered a violation of Ohio's "Sunshine" law? After all the complaints about having a meeting before the meeting, this just seems like incompetence on the part of the city administration. Did no one check to see if the cameras were working? Were no TV Middletown employees available to run the equipment? Will there even be an explanation as to why this meeting was not televised? It may be a new year but it seems like the same old s***!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic