Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grant to give facelift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 10:27am
The total of the facade grant is $50,000 NOT $650,000. 

And if memory serves me correctly, a potion of CBDG funds are proposed in the 2013 to be used towards the $2 million in street paving.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 4:56pm
I noticed that the mayor's South Main Street house was being repainted last week.  I wonder if this was part of the "facade grant" program?
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 9:46am
A few good things about Middletown;
1 With the exception of the intersection of Towne Blvd and Rt 122 there are no traffic jams in Midd., hence you can get out of town quickly to shop in the surrounding towns.
2 If you do have to travel in Midd. there are plenty of ploaces to park.
3 The laws and rules change at a whim so we are not bored with the "same old thing".
4 Our leaders are accomplished and creative, they can find money when needed to fund their current activities plus they allow us to be a part of that thru our tax dollars.
5 There is a multitude of empty homes and homes for sale at a reduced cost b/c so many people want to relocate. 
6 The city has successfully eliminated a number of businesses that polluted our air.

7 They have brought in a diverse group of people thru section 8 making it possible for us to meet new people.

8 Our town is not made insightly by all those business advertising signs. When ppl on 75 pass by our ramp all they see is tranquility.

I love Middletown!!!!!! Oh, I have property for sale if anyone is interested.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

A few good things about Middletown;
1 With the exception of the intersection of Towne Blvd and Rt 122 there are no traffic jams in Midd., hence you can get out of town quickly to shop in the surrounding towns.
2 If you do have to travel in Midd. there are plenty of ploaces to park.
3 The laws and rules change at a whim so we are not bored with the "same old thing".
4 Our leaders are accomplished and creative, they can find money when needed to fund their current activities plus they allow us to be a part of that thru our tax dollars.
5 There is a multitude of empty homes and homes for sale at a reduced cost b/c so many people want to relocate. 
6 The city has successfully eliminated a number of businesses that polluted our air.

7 They have brought in a diverse group of people thru section 8 making it possible for us to meet new people.

8 Our town is not made insightly by all those business advertising signs. When ppl on 75 pass by our ramp all they see is tranquility.

I love Middletown!!!!!! Oh, I have property for sale if anyone is interested.

I like this wanna. Very perceptive. Now, perhaps if the Econ. Dev. people, who visit this site, read this, they can incorporate the items mentioned here in their "Welcome To Middletown" brochure. Based on this list, the city leaders are "taking care of business" after all. Great game plan for the city.
OVER SIGHT View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVER SIGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 10:08pm
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THEY HAVE BROUGHT IN A DIVERSE GROUP OF PEOPLE THRU SECTION 8 MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT IF THEY NEED MONEY THEY CAN FIND IT. VIETVET DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY DOUG ADKINS IS BEING PAID THOUGH THE SECTION 8 PROGRAM I THOUGHT HE WORKED FOR THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN BUT HERE RECENTLY DISCOVERED THE CITY IS BILLING BACK THE PROGRAM FOR A LARGE PORTION OF HIS SALARY DAMN NOT ONLY IS HUD VOUCHERS GETTING THE WOOL PULLED OVER THERE EYES BUT PAYING THE MAN TO DO IT. HOW CAN HE BE BILLING THE MPHA PROGRAM IF HE WORKS FOR THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN CONFLICT OF INTEREST UNDER THE HUD CONTRACT AND HE KNOWS IT AND WHAT IS HIS POSITION WITH THE PROGRAM? I THINK THAT HIS SECRETARY OVER THE SUMMER GOT A NEW TITLE THAT WOULD ENABLE THEM ALL TO USE THE FEDERAL FUNDING TO MAINTAIN THE REVITALIZATION DEPARTMENT T PUT MORE STRAIN ON THE INVESTORS OF PROPERTY IN THE CITY NOT ONLY THE SECTION 8 PROPERTY OWNERS ALL OF THEM YOU KNOW THE MASTER PLAN WE HAVE ALL HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT AND WOW HIS DEPARTMENT JUST SO HAPPEN TO GET A LARGE CHUNK OF THAT GRANT MONEY TO USE AGAINST WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP BETTER THE COMMUNITY. NEVERLESS OUR GREAT CITY EMPLOYEES WILL ACCOMPLISH THE DESTRUCTION OF THE MPHA SECTION 8 PROGRAM IN THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN BUT I TELL YOU HUD WILL NOT ALLOW ANYBODY TO REMOVE THE FAMILIES ON THIS PROGRAM OUT OF THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN THEY HAVE AS MUCH RIGHT TO BE HERE AS WE DO A SOME HAVE MORE BORN AND RAISED IN THE CITY PLAYED SPORTS AND CALL THIS THERE HOME WHO IS THE CITY TO TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO LEAVE PAGE 59 UC REPORT 2009 READ IT AND YOU TELL ME WHO WROTE DICTATED THAT PAGE IN THAT REPORT THAT PERSON HAS KNOW RIGHT TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY FEDERAL FUNDED PROGRAM OR ANY OVERSIGHT COMMITTE MEMBER WHO AGREES WITH THAT PAGE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE MOST OF THE PROPERTY OWNERS THAT GETS IN THERE WAY THIS GROUPS WAY ARE BEING PICK OFF ONE AT A TIME AMAZING IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH INTO ANY BUSINESS YOU FIND PAPER MISTAKES DOUG ADKINS AND THE MIDDLETOWN POLICE STATION ARE BLAMING THE INVESTORS FOR THERE OWN MISTAKES IN THE PROGRAM BEEN THERE DONE THAT
OVER SIGHT View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVER SIGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 10:37pm
FOR GET THE MAYOR'S SHACK HAVE YOU SEEN THE PLANNING AND ZONING DIRECTORS
DOWN THE STREET MR MARTY KHOLR'S MANSION DAMN WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS GUY MAKE A YEAR THE PROPERTY IS IN THE HISTORIC DISTRICT AND THAT PAINT JOB MUST HAVE BEEN A EASY 100,000.00 THAT HOUSE IS BIGGER THAN THE SORG MANSION. I GUESS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IN THIS CITY IS RUN EVERY SMALL BUSINESS OUT THE DOOR AND YOU GET THE BIG HOUSE ON THE BLOCK.    
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 11:33pm
Hasn't the Section 8 manager's paycheck risen sharply in the past 3.5 years?  Wasn't he making about $47,000 before when he worked in the Prosecutor's Office?  Doesn't he get about $95,000 now?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 7:02pm
Oversight,

Research Section 8 funding a little further on The City disburments Contract with Nelson & Associates.  Also, would you mind unlocking the Caps key.

There are plenty places to research here on this forum on Section 8.  Lots of research to be done.  Section 8 voucher holders can live where they wish.  Why they would choose Middletown with a limited non-exited job outlook is beyond me.  I would head to a least Hamilton just on the chance the job out look is better.

PacmanCool
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 8:31pm
One heck of a run on sentence oversight. Kinda missing some punctuation too.

Let's see......you said

"BUT I TELL YOU HUD WILL NOT ALLOW ANYBODY TO REMOVE THE FAMILIES ON THIS PROGRAM OUT OF THE CITY OF MIDDLETOWN THEY HAVE AS MUCH RIGHT TO BE HERE AS WE DO A SOME HAVE MORE BORN AND RAISED IN THE CITY PLAYED SPORTS AND CALL THIS THERE HOME"

Nope, gotta disagree with you on this one oversight. The city may not be able to remove the current Section 8 families, however, the city has the right to let the unfilled vouchers lapse and as the Section 8 blight leaves the city, simply not renew/replace with a new client. Attrition. Will take awhile but the city will eventually reduce the number to a more reasonable 600-700 Section 8 clients. We are inundated with an overabundance of this blight now. Bad for the city.

Oh, and no, the newcomers to our city, drawn here for the handout known as HUD Section 8 do not have as much of a right as the folks like myself that were born and raised here to come in and "ghetto" my hometown up. I strongly resent that being done to this town. Gotta work and get it yourself instead of relying on others as a career goal.Personally, I'd like to see them all gone and this town clean up it's image from slumville to a more respected town. Need to upgrade the clientele we attract here......at least to the middle class level. Not gonna happen with these handout programs.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:27am
More tax money for facades.

This time to Outside the Line restaurant and Art Central Foundation, 18 N. Clinton St.: $15,000 for a new facade.

How many freakin' addresses does Art Central Foundation have, and when did they get into the restaurant business?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic