FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The next big downtown event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The next big downtown event
    Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 4:30am
I hope that Middletown29 won't be too hard on me for announcing this, but mark your calendars right now for October 20th!!!

That will be the date of the next big downtown event for ALL Middletonians (and out-of-towners, too)!!!

Now this won't be for just the high-fallutin' art lovers.  This will be for EVERYONE!!!

It might just be the BIGGEST downtown event of the year...an event so great, that it's SCARY!!!

Keep your eyes and ears open for the details!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 6:26am
Don't tease us like that Michael Seymour Presta! You can't just throw something out there that will affect several hundred thousand people (Ann Mort's numbers, not mine) and not give everyone in this community anxiety attacks mister. Mike, EVERY event done by this city is SCARY.

Are we allowed to guess? If so, I'd like to offer a few....

1. Is it a karaoche contest with Les Landen singing some of his hits from the "My Town" You Tube segment or hits from the Christmas skit done by the city?

2. Wouldn't be Dame Judith Gilleland, Martin Kohler, Hissoner Mulligan the Third and some artzy mimes doing some ballet or other interesting artzy things?

3. How about a party down on S. Main St. so that the community can celebrate the "turning on of the new street lights" and the new paved road for the historical folks? No?......

4. Community party to watch the Manchester being torn down perhaps?

5. Another Section 8 housing developement being started and a proclamation ceremony by the mayor as more fed dollars come to town?

6. Celebration of the first facade being installed on a downtown building?

7. A party to celebrate Middletown's release from the Forbes list of the ten cities that are dying?

8. A company is expanding and there will be three part time jobs created that will pay $6.50/hour but they will need to pay their own benefits?

Anyone want to hazard a guess what Michael is not devulging?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 9:56am
I believe he is referring to the Broad Street Moster Bash...
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:38pm
Are they going to Tear down another empty Building?LOLLOL
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 7:48pm
My Guess After reading the Middletown Journal Headline Today Would Be...

That A new Behavioral Hospital Was Opening In The Area.

I figured for sure it was going downtown next to City hall.

I then went back and read the artical and DAMN, If it aint going to West ChesterLOLLOL

PacmanCool
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 6:03pm
I have it from a very good source that there is going to be a huge Halloween Party on Saturday October 20th. Downtown at Governor's Square.  The Broad Street Monster Bash will go from 5pm to 11pm with 3 local bands performing. Adrienne Rose Band, 13 Stares and Inspector 12. The event is free. Food and beverages are not so free lol. Beverages will include soft drinks and Budweiser products. Prizes for the best costumes. Mike Presta look-a-likes don't count. LOL
To the best of my knowledge I don't think this town has ever had a city wide Halloween Party. It's our way of saying thanks to everyone for another successful season of The Broad Street Bash.
Tim Lewis
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 6:45pm
thanx 2 Mr.Lewis and weveryone involved for bringing these enjoyable events to the city, and for doing so at mimnimum cost to citizens.

Also thanx 2 the sponsors

Thanx 2 the people of Middietown for the long run of bashes without incident!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic