FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Services Sunk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 7:16pm
Wow Mike thanks for the info!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Wow Mike thanks for the info!
You are welcome!!!  I am always happy to help.  Big%20smile
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 6:35am
FS making all the wrong moves...
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 10:45am
Maybe so--maybe not Mtown
The proposed location has a dock and parking, and a location centralized for the needy FS patrons
Far enough away from the "arts"
Maybe eligible for one of those "downtown grants"?
Still another huge move, which means a huge expense.
Another f'n mess imo
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 12:27pm
Spiderjohn
I think this would be a better location also.
The bus stop is just across the street in front of Denny Lumber.
City Hall just doesn't seem to understand that many of the poor people that need these services do not have cars.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 1:55pm
I can understand a bus services for a city the size of Dayton and Cincinnati, but not Middletown. Every time I pass these buses I am lucky to see maybe 1 to 5 people on it. If anything, I would prefer a County ran bus system and have it connect to the Dayton RTA and the Cincinnati Metro. That would make more sense than Middletown running there own bus system.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 2:02pm
Middletown's bus service is emblematic of the federal government waste that goes on throughout this country.  No one, including our city, does anything about it because its' "free money".
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Spiderjohn
City Hall just doesn't seem to understand that many of the poor people that need these services do not have cars.
Is it really up to city hall?

FS is supposed to be a non profit.  The city didn't pick their current location. 
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 3:51pm
Correct SWOhio
The current location was all that was available at the time, and a very poor choice.
Was city ED involved in that selection, in order to fast track the FS exit from Central Ave?
Didn't think that city was involved with FS, and don't think that there is much of a
relationship between the two.

Still-- Admin had a large hand in getting us into the current Section 8
demographics, and now wants it all to magically disappear. It will be here
for quite a while longer, and migrating back to the formerly diwntown area.

Where else can they go for services?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 7:14am
Wow, spider, blame the city for Maurice's incompetence.
That's a good one.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 7:50am

u r such a spinner, mtown

I blame the city for a large part of our influx of poverty, crime, business struggles and lagging behind other area communities.

we are the laughing stock of the region
easy action by media when they need a crime/misery story
like our current football team, we don't compete and have forgotten how to win
constant mistakes/turnovers and just going through the motions

I know--all is well--we'll get'em next time!
yes--things are looking up--thanx 2 the out-of-town pros

at least the school system seems to be improving, and embracing broad public involvement from everyone tht wants to contribute/participate

So---since you continue to throw demeaning accusations, please list the management issues within Family Services
 Look no further than today's HUD headline and text i. Order to understand the connection between city admin, our demographics, public services strain and Family Services overload/bad decisions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic