Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Saturday, April 27, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To all Ohioans in the 8th Congressional District:
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To all Ohioans in the 8th Congressional District:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To all Ohioans in the 8th Congressional District:
    Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:21pm
I went to vote today and was saddened and surprised that there was no opposition to John Boehner on the ballot. I cannot vote for him to be my representative. Since there was a spot on the ballot for a write-in candidate, I decided as a protest to vote for myself. When my sister had voted and I told her what I had done, she started laughing and told me she had written my name in as well.

So, if you'd like to protest the fact that we have no choice in our district and you haven't voted yet, I would encourage you to write-in my name for Ohio's 8th District Representative. This protest is meant as much for the Ohio Democratic Party who didn't even field a candidate as it is a protest against Mr. Boehner himself. I spell my name Anthony Barnett and I approve this message!!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 3:30pm
TonyB.- Running against Boehner is political suicide in SW Ohio. This area is dominated by the Republican Party and any Democrat that has run against Boehner has always been trounced. If you are a Dem and are looking for a level political playing field, you are living in the wrong area of the state. Need to go to Cleveland where the unions are. Boehner isn't the only issue. Dems can't get state senators nor reps elected either. Alot of times, the Dem candidate isn't qualified, not knowledgeable or is really "off the wall" in presentation.

I am voting tomorrow and will be glad to give you my vote. Otherwise, I will not push any button, and will never give Boehner my vote. Doesn't matter though. Alot of people like the man although I don't understand why. The only thing I have seen him do for SW Ohio since his days as a West Chester trustee in the 80's is create service academy appointments for rich kids and their families. Otherwise, I view him as having no interest in Middleotown, the working people of this state nor anyone else outside his inner circle of friends. Anything involving helping the upper crust he sponsors. Anything middle to lower class he has no interest in helping. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

TonyB.- Running against Boehner is political suicide in SW Ohio. This area is dominated by the Republican Party and any Democrat that has run against Boehner has always been trounced. If you are a Dem and are looking for a level political playing field, you are living in the wrong area of the state. Need to go to Cleveland where the unions are. Boehner isn't the only issue. Dems can't get state senators nor reps elected either. Alot of times, the Dem candidate isn't qualified, not knowledgeable or is really "off the wall" in presentation.

I am voting tomorrow and will be glad to give you my vote. Otherwise, I will not push any button, and will never give Boehner my vote. Doesn't matter though. Alot of people like the man although I don't understand why. The only thing I have seen him do for SW Ohio since his days as a West Chester trustee in the 80's is create service academy appointments for rich kids and their families. Otherwise, I view him as having no interest in Middleotown, the working people of this state nor anyone else outside his inner circle of friends. Anything involving helping the upper crust he sponsors. Anything middle to lower class he has no interest in helping. JMO

Dont worry if issue #2 passes Iam sure we will see more more democrats elected to the state congress etc...then we see how far they take us.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 6:24am
The Dems and the unions like Issue 2, don't they Bo?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic