FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towne Mall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towne Mall
    Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:45am
Today's Journal..

Work time’ begins for new Towne Mall owners
35-year-old property purchased for $850,00 in cash

MIDDLETOWN —
The new owners of Towne Mall officially took ownership of the property Friday and have shared more details about the upcoming project with The Middletown Journal.

SA Mary LLC and Bless Properties LLC purchased the property for $850,000 in cash, according to George Ragheb, one of four partners with the company.

The mall, which opened in 1977 and sits on 13 acres, has an appraised value of $3.7 million, $2.4 million for the land, $1.3 million for the structure, according to the Warren County Auditor’s Office.

WORTH 3.7 MIL AND PURCHASED FOR $850 THOU???

NOW I GET A KICK OUT OF GILLELAND SOMETIMES.....

Middletown City Manager Judy Gilleland said she’s planning to meet with staff regularly to assure the mall property is “a top priority,” but there have been no further discussions with the new owners.

She said the mall, because of its location off Interstate 75, is in the “main gateway corridor into the city” and it’s pivotal in terms on the “revitalization of the entire city.”

NOW, IF THE TOWNE MALL AREA IS THE "MAIN GATEWAY CORRIDOR INTO THE CITY" AND IS PIVOTAL IN TERMS ON THE "REVITALIZING OF THE ENTIRE CITY", WHY HAS ALL THE FOCUS ON AND MONEY SPENT BEEN DOWNTOWN? WOULDN'T LOGIC PLACE THE CONCENTRATION AND MONEY SPENT ON THE MOST "PIVOTAL" AREA, JUDITH?

I HOPE THIS PRIVATE INVESTMENT IS HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL AND OVERSHADOWS THE DOWNTOWN EFFORT, JUST TO SHOW THE NIMRODS DOWN AT CITY HALL HOW TO DO THINGS. BETTER HOPE THE CITY KEEPS THEIR NOSES OUT OF THIS PROJECT. IF THEY GET INVOLVED, SOME HOW, SOME WAY, THEY'LL SCREW IT UP LIKE THEY DO EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:01am
I can't wait to see work begin. I can look out of my window and see the mall.

Bring on the dozers.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:57pm
The May 22nd school board meeting with council Judith stated "our income is to low to market Towne Mall"!!??
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

The May 22nd school board meeting with council Judith stated "our income is to low to market Towne Mall"!!??

BUT, the income (I assume she means city money), isn't that low that money can't be plowed into the downtown area, buying PAC, loaning money to the Moormans, giving away buildings bought with taxpayer money. (the Thatcher buildings), maintaining a little used bike path and the extra costs related to eroded areas of that path, etc. No, the truth of the matter is that they have money sitting silently in funds buried in their magic accounting practices that go to their pet projects......the downtown (and the S. Main St. area) happens to be the special of the day that is receiving the attention.....and money. After that, the focus will be on another pet project, no doubt done for another group of "friends of the city". It's a cozy little world down at the old city building.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:49pm
John,

I didn't see anything in the discussions that leads me to believe that the mall will have a radical face lift.  Probably the most biggest improvement would a parking lot facelift.  The way the use renovation in the journal article does not lead me to believe there will be major work done at the mall especially since they don't own Sears, Elder beerman or the Dillards Space. 

In the Journal Article the speak of renting the 52 spaces the already have (of which 18 are already occupied).  But who knows, they are saying it will take approx. 3 years so we shall see.

Over The Hill,

Is the city manager speaking of the income of the community being to low to attract retail outlets, or is city's income is low to market the mall area?

The City sure appears to have money to market every falling down uilding downtown, yet the couldn't afford to buy the most prime real estate developements in the city at 25% of it's estimated value.  To me. if I was downtown at city hall, some heads would roll at that deal and I would start at the top.

PacmanCool
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:13am
The response Judith made was when she was asked by the school board why we are not doing something about the mall I think it was her way of not having to answer the guestion
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:20am
I think the mall will do good if the spineless ones will keep there damn nose out of the new owners bussiness.Wink
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:23am
AMEN!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic