FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THANKS OBAMALONEY AND OBAMACARE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THANKS OBAMALONEY AND OBAMACARE
    Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:24am
I would like to thank Obamaloney and ObamaCare for the wonderful Christmas Gift given to me today, The cost of our health care premium per pay period has increase 250+%. Can't think of a better gift from the liberals than this.

Our healthcare premium is now well into the 3 digits.

PacmanCool
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:53am
Pac:

My healthcare premium for Anthem is around $300 per month out of the old paycheck. This is in addition to what my employer pays toward the premium. My employer asked all of us employees to pay more several years ago and the percent the employee pays has increased this past year. My wife pays $100 per month for Medicare Part B and receives NOTHING in services for that money taken out. Anthem pays 99% of her medical bills until she reaches 65 in four more years. We are all paying through the nose for medical care, but have no other choice. One can go bankrupt real fast without health insurance.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:33am
Bankruptcy is the least of your worries if you don't have health insurance... the FINES from the federal government for not carrying it are mine. No one should ever be able to force me to have health insurance. Period. If I don't want to carry it and I understand the risk that I might be denied health care... then so be it, that's my choice.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:15am
So what do you think about single payer now?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:20am
Originally posted by justwatching justwatching wrote:

Bankruptcy is the least of your worries if you don't have health insurance... the FINES from the federal government for not carrying it are mine. No one should ever be able to force me to have health insurance. Period. If I don't want to carry it and I understand the risk that I might be denied health care... then so be it, that's my choice.

Question justwatching. If you "don't carry healthcare and understand the risk of denial" is not the major factor here. More importantly, who will pay for your healthcare if you don't provide a program for yourself and develop cancer or some costly disease? The healthcare provider sure isn't going to provide your care for free. Someone has to pick up the tab. Would it be the general public that pays for you while the providers are jacking up the cost to recover your inability to pay? If so, why should we have to pay for your decision to not carry insurance (or incur the higher cost for recovery), when we have met the criteria?

If we have an overabundance of the population who has no insurance, we perpetuate what the Dems love to provide....more social programs. Those, in turn, provide service to those who are truely needy but also provide opportunities for lazy scumbags to live off the taxpayer. That's a no-no. I'd rather see some of the people who are always using the healthcare facilities to pay their own way by having a plan than to see what we have today......people constantly in the emergency room complaining about a headache and getting freebie care at the taxpayer's expense. Let 'em pay their own way for a change. I, for one, am tired of working to pay for someone else's bennies while they lay around at home. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:43pm
I think you didn't read my statement clearly Vet... I think if elect not to carry health coverage (and unfortunately, by elect I mean: choose not to or cannot afford) then you should be denied health care that you cannot afford. I do not believe healthcare providers should ever have to render service until they have established how it will be paid for. Period.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 2:19pm
So then in that sense why must I carry car insurance?   I understand the ramifications...Why am I required to have home owners insurance? 

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 2:43pm
Ok, hypothetical situation here.......

A person cannot afford ANY healthcare plan that is available....not even a basic plan that covers little to nothing. That person develops cancer and doesn't have the healthcare plan that would address the seriousness of their disease. Based on your statement, because the person can't afford insurance and knowing that not treating the person will more than likely cause their death, you would still want no medical treatment for this person because they are unable to pay for it? That would be denying healthcare beyond what a person can afford, right? So, we start letting people die based on what they can afford as to treatment? Kind of a shame that politicians can afford the best coverage thanks to the taxpayers, isn't it. (Just kidding.....kinda)

You state:

"I do not believe healthcare providers should ever have to render service until they have established how it will be paid for. Period"

PERIOD? UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE? IF SO.....

WHAT ABOUT EMERGENCY MEDICAL SITUATIONS WHERE THE PERSON WILL DIE UNLESS THEY RECEIVE IMMEDIATE MEDICAL TREATMENT? CAN'T WE TAKE CARE OF THE IMMEDIATE NEED FIRST AND WORRY ABOUT HOW WE'LL PAY FOR IT LATER? WOULDN'T THAT BE THE HUMANE THING TO DO OR HAVE WE BECOME SO GREEDY THAT EVEN A LIFE OR DEATH MEDICAL EMERGENCY WON'T TRUMP PAYING THE BILL? HOW ABOUT THAT 911 CALL FOR A PERSON NOT BREATHING? WANT TO CHECK THEIR ABILITY TO PAY FIRST BEFORE WE DISPATCH THE MEDICS? DOES THE EMERGENCY ROOM DOCTOR ASK ABOUT THE ABILITY TO PAY FIRST OR DOES THE DR. GET THE PERSON BREATHING FIRST?
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 4:01pm
Why is medicine the only discipline that should be provide their services first and then worry about how to be paid because it is the "humane" thing to do?  

If I haven't eaten in days, I can't walk in to a grocery store, get 100k worth of groceries and then worry about how to pay for it.  Or if I don't have a home, I can't squat somewhere and figure out how to pay for it? 

But this is how we handle our healthcare..
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 4:23pm
rngrmed,

Car insurance insures that you can pay for the injuries of others. Quite different. You don't have to carry car insurance if you don't want, just don't drive. Or if you're wealthy enough get a bond to cover your potential liabilities and then you don't have to car insurance either.

Now if they required you to carry full coverage (essentially healthy insurance....) then... I'd disagree with it too.

Vet,

I completely understand your views but, in my opinion, that is exactly what we should do. I don't believe the government should be able to tell ANY private business what it can/can't/must do (for the most part, obviously there are exceptions...). Healthcare businesses are privately run entities. Period.

Now, that being said... I don't believe most hospitals would turn away dying patients. I believe they would accept them just as they do now because of the general compassion you speak and because the free market will dictate it. Many people would no patronize a hospital that refused cared until payment is rendered, these hospitals would go out of business leaving the more compassionate ones in business.

Obviously I'm just generalizing here, there are many more specifics to my thoughts and none of these statements should be taken as bright line rules that I believe but just general beliefs.

rngrmed,

Exactly! "I can't get a job or do my homework because I can't afford the internet" - boom, private internet service providers now have to give low income people internet for free. "Oops, I forgot, I also don't have a computer." - bang, private computer manufacturers must now give away computers to the food for free.

When does it stop? Why should my neighbor have to pay for my education? My healthcare? My children's food? Why should ANYONE except me be responsible for anything of mine? Private charities help millions (billions?) of people around the globe each year without any government interference or hand holding... this wouldn't stop if the government stopped forcing other social programs. It would increase. People would create charities if only for the simple fact that they can pay themselves $250,000 as a salary for running it. So what!? It is a private charity.

Private charities would help low income people pay for medical bills, etc. But no one should take money out of your pocket, my pocket, or VietVet's pocket for this. If the government did away with all social programs across the board imagine how much more money we'd all have. We could donate to causes we believed in (like healthcare for the poor) or we could save that money so that we wouldn't need to ever use a charity ourselves....
Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:48am
rngrmed,

Adding to what Justwatching said, you are not required by law to have home owners insurance.  Your mortgage may require you to have it beucase they want to protect their investment but the gov't is not mandating it.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:25am
If the Obama economy is doing so good, why are there more foreclosures, and pre-foreclosures in our neighborhoods ? Confused
Sign into Zillow.com and you will see what I mean.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic