FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Gangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Gangs
    Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:15am
Today's Journal...

No revival for Baltimore Street Gang

MIDDLETOWN —
The Baltimore Street Gang terrorized a Middletown neighborhood for years through assaults, robberies, drug dealing and eventually a New Year’s Eve homicide, according to police.

Last summer, Middletown police and Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser declared the gang had been shut down after Joe Eacholes received a 12-month prison sentence for attempted participation in a gang. He was the final member of the gang, which also included his brother Jerry Eacholes, to be sentenced

“The neighborhood has been very responsive to keeping us informed. Residents can walk the streets at night without worrying about some crazy fool hitting them in the head or shooting them,” Muterspaw said. “And they are not going to reorganize.”

Sylin Baltazr and his family live just across the street from the Eacholes residence. He said there is no doubt the street “is a whole lot” quieter since the gang was busted.

“The call me the hood coach, because I was always trying to help them stay out of trouble, because I’ve been there. I know what can happen,” Baltazr said.

In his younger days, before a heart attack and raising a family, Baltazr said he spent time in prison on a robbery charge.

Two young men played basketball in a small park on Baltimore Street on a sunny Friday afternoon. People talked outside BJ Market and some hung Christmas decorations.

“That’s what it is like now, kids can go down to the park,” said Joe Bogg, Sr. He and his family have lived in the neighborhood eight years.

Boggs said he grew up in Middletown then moved to Dayton

“I wanted to move back to Middletown to raise a family. Dayton’s a fast city. Middletown’s a smaller town. But it was just as bad.”

"BUT IT WAS JUST AS BAD".......

"LeRoy Clemons attributes much of the violence and crime to a lack of jobs leaving people without money, something to do and any recreation at all. But he applauds the police efforts to stop the gang activity"

"LACK OF JOBS LEAVING PEOPLE WITHOUT MONEY, SOMETHING TO DO AND ANY RECREATION AT ALL".......HMMM. PEOPLE WHO HAVED LIVED HERE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME AT ALL HAVE SAID THIS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. SEEMS TO BE A COMMON NEED FOR THE RESIDENTS OF THIS CITY. CITY HALL....WHERE ARE YOU? ECON DEV.....WHERE ARE YOU?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:43pm
Just watched a tv report about a violent home invaion this week-end on Omaha St.
78yo lady was detained while robbed of her jewelry
Don't remember reading about this in the MJ
Anyone else see anything about it?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:36pm

Elderly woman targeted in home invasion

This is Middletown’s second home invasion investigation in three weeks.

By Michael D. Pitman

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

Middletown police believe an elderly homeowner on Omaha Street was targeted Saturday night when a man came to her door claiming to be out of gas and then robbed her at gunpoint.

This is the third home invasion in Butler County within three weeks where the victim was targeted by their assailants, according to police.

Middletown police Lt. Scott Reeve said most robberies include people seeking assistance, especially late at night. If anyone is suspiciously asking for help looking for a dog, to use a phone or because they’re out of gas, call the police, he said.

“This particular one, we believe she was targeted for reasons we don’t want to say right now,” said Reeve.

At 10:48 p.m. Saturday, a man asked for help from the 76-year-old homeowner on Omaha Street. He claimed to be out of gas in his vehicle on Oneka near Seneca — two blocks west of the woman’s home. The woman told police he said his name was Bill Riley, but Reeve said investigators believe the name is bogus.

The woman and man went into her detached garage and she gave him a nearly empty red gas can. As they were heading to the side door of her home, the man pulled out a small handgun and ordered her back inside and not to scream, police said.

Once inside, he demanded money and jewelry. She said she had no money.

The assailant, a “clean-cut” white man in his 20s with a medium build, dark hair and pockmarks on his right cheek, forced her into her bedroom where she handed over jewelry from two jewelry boxes, including two rings with diamonds on both and 10 to 15 necklaces.

He also took the woman’s two home phones before fleeing. The woman told police the man made possibly three calls on her house phone.

A K-9 tracked the assailant’s trail west of the woman’s home to the 2200 block of Oneka Avenue where it ended.

The man was last seen wearing a ball cap, a T-shirt, jeans and a jacket, according to police.

Anyone with information on the home invasion can call Detective Steve Winters at (513) 425-7786.

Just three weeks earlier, an unrelated home invasion targeted a Middletown couple who were at home with the woman’s 2-year-old son on the couch.

Police say in the early morning hours of Nov. 16, Marcus Williams, 26, and Christopher Sprinkles, 26, kicked in the door. Williams allegedly held the three at bay with a handgun while Sprinkles searched for items in the home.

Reeve said this home invasion, like most of these types of crimes, was drug-related. Since the investigation is still early, he can’t say if this past Saturday’s home invasion was drug-related.

The woman involved the Nov. 16 home invasion immediately recognized Sprinkles as her cousin, despite the fact that he and Williams were wearing bandannas to conceal their faces.

The two were promptly arrested following the robbery and are facing felony aggravated burglary charges. Their cases were bound over to the Butler County grand jury on Friday, and they are being held without bond.

Police said charges are pending for a third person who they believe was given the stolen property by Williams and/or Sprinkles.

On Nov. 24, Julian Slaven was shot and killed at his Judy Drive home in what Fairfield police describe as a “drug deal gone bad.” Five people have been charged with aggravated murder in connection with the killing, including two Middletown men.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:39am

Part of the problem is that when they arrest the criminals they dont put them in jail long enough and just turn them back out to keep doing crimes so why even bother going through the motions. What a joke

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 4:08pm
Amen bo
petty theft is hardly considered a crime any more outside of court costs.
Violence is the main worry in the retail world.

No wonder the swap shops(mostly under one management that now include the former Meander) are popping up everywhere. Surely hope that law enforcement is on top of explaining the rules/regulations to the owners!

Bad note:
Was just driving down Rosedale--seems that a possible home invasion /burlery/robbery had just occurred at one of the premier homes by the Arboretum
Will we read about it in the MJ?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:22am
Incredible run of late-night business break-ins throughout West Chester to Franklin.
Breaking out front doors, grabbing cash registers and running.
Probably a dozen within the last week, though you don't read about it in the local press.
Channel 12 came to interview me last week about shoplifting trends.
I explained that petty theft was still a constant, with all levels of society participating with little to no consequence if apprehended. Time for our courts and penal system to make real changes. I also opined that public safety(co-worker, customer and neighborhood) had become a much greater concern in the big picture.

People--watch yourself and everything around you wherever you might be
What goes on at your residence and through-out your neighborhood.
Communicate with your neighbors.
Outside lighting--alarm systems and video surveillence everywhere is the best deterrent(make it known that you have it).
Look around in parking lots before you exit or enter your vehicle.
Be pro-active with police about anything suspicious that you see, as it first develops. Don't wait until something happens, if you could see it coming.

We have to help each other, local businesses and the police dept.
It has gone beyond simple theft--violence is increasing, especially against the elderly..
We must win this battle, and we can if we work together for decency, honestly and public safety/security.
We WILL take back our neighborhoods, city and country by whatevever means necessary.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:43pm
My home alarm has been set off by accident two times in the last couple of months late at night,each time I waited for MPD to show up and both times no knocks on my door. So I test the alarm and its working fine when I called the alarm company both times they tell me that they did in fact dispatch Middletowns finest.Yet we never had any contact with an officer either time.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

My home alarm has been set off by accident two times in the last couple of months late at night,each time I waited for MPD to show up and both times no knocks on my door. So I test the alarm and its working fine when I called the alarm company both times they tell me that they did in fact dispatch Middletowns finest.Yet we never had any contact with an officer either time.

And that's why we have guns.....gotta do it vigilante style if someone insists on invading your perimeter. Sounds like a reason not to wait for the proper authorities to respond, particularly if they don't respond at all. Worst case by waiting.....you could get dead. Undermanned, other priorities at the time, or just don't care? Regardless, if the cops don't show in a reasonable amount of time, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to protect yourself, right?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

And that's why we have guns.....gotta do it vigilante style if someone insists on invading your perimeter. Sounds like a reason not to wait for the proper authorities to respond, particularly if they don't respond at all. Worst case by waiting.....you could get dead. Undermanned, other priorities at the time, or just don't care? Regardless, if the cops don't show in a reasonable amount of time, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to protect yourself, right?

Absolutely! Thats why Iam not too worried my whole family has fire arms at reach at all times and will use if the need arises thats why Iam not too worried.Big smile
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:58pm
Maybe we just need another safety levy...Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic