FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Castell Building

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Castell Building
    Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 6:36am
Today's Journal....

Share your idea for downtown business development

MIDDLETOWN —
Community leaders are using a “grassroots market research project” to field ideas for the potential use of a vacant building at 1126 Central Ave., known as the Castell building.

Downtown Middletown Inc. and a Miami University business class are partnering to sponsor “I Wish This Was,” a project where people are encouraged to write their ideas for the building’s future use on scores of empty stickers placed on the building

NO WAIT A MINUTE! I THOUGHT, SEVERAL YEARS AGO, LARRY LEWIS AND SON HAD PURCHASED THIS BUILDING, PUT NEW WINDOWS IN IT AND WAS GOING TO MAKE IT INTO SOME APARTMENTS. I THINK WE ALSO HAVE PICTURES ON THIS SITE WHEN WE DISCUSSED IT A YEAR OR SO AGO.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLANS FOR THIS BUILDING? JUST NOW, LEWIS IS ASKING FOR INPUT AS TO THE USAGE?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:55pm
SECTION 8LOLLOLLOL
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:55pm
I would answer the contest in one word: "gone"
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:34pm
Gone?  Why?  

Vet - the former owners (Ron Decker/Tony Marconi) had planned on apartments in the upper levels.  

The current owners (Lewis) originally had planned the upper levels to house Kingswell Seminary.  

At one time, the Lewis's had mentioned putting a Boston Stoker Coffee place in one of the storefronts on the lower level.   That appears to have been nixed since they acquired the building at Central and Broad and have leased it to a cafe that will carry Boston Stoker coffee.

Personally, I'd like to see a brew pub in this location.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:58am
As I remember the Castell Building, it had professional offices on the upper floors. My former dentist in the 60's, Dr. Sebald, offered services on one of the upper floors. Anyone know if the upper floors have been gutted to make way for apartments? Might not be a bad idea if they can entice some to move downtown. Of course, that would take activity catered to downtown living and I don't think they're there yet. Still too desolate the last time I was down there.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic