Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Candidates for Council???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candidates for Council???
    Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:04pm

2013 will be the last year for a seven-member city council in Middletown.  On December 31, 2013, all four Ward seats (currently held by Councilpersons Mort, Smith, Laubach, and Picard) will expire, and in November of 2013 only TWO at-large councilpersons will be elected to replace them.

Now is the time to find candidates for these two council seats.  The earlier one decides to run, the more likely he or she is to be successful.  If you know anyone who you think would make a good council member, PLEASE urge them to run.

If anyone has questions regarding the procedure of becoming a candidate, or has any other questions on the subject, please feel free to contact me.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:32pm
GOOD LUCK MIKE!!!

When I asked the same thing, I got one response.

PacmanCool
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:41am
You should run Mike!Thumbs Up
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 12:15pm
Naw, Michael Eldridge Presta is no candidate and not what this city needs. He questions city hall while providing researched work to support his claims. He finds fault with council's decisions, doesn't own a rubber stamp, thinks Leslie Eugene Landen interprets the law based on the special of the day, is leery of some of the real estate transactions made by the city, thinks Marty Kohler has his own agenda in city planning, is not a supporter of the inner circle of elite citizens with a hidden agenda, tends to see through the smokescreens that roll out of the city building at times, doesn't like the non-accurate historic lighting at taxpayer expense for those S. Main St. friends of the city, thinks our mayor, the honorable Lawrence Mulligan the Third of the S. Main St. Mulligans, spews nonsense at times, thinks some of the downtown real estate transactions to support the phenomenal(in Larry's own words) successful downtown growth so far have not been what has been claimed, has way too much common sense, questions things when questions not need be asked (council), and is not "in tune" with what we are trying to achieve here (as if anyone really knows what we are trying to achieve here). He is a thorn in the side of those with a secret agenda, those with absolutely no common sense and those who don't care what they do to the city as long as they strip off what they want. We have a good Ward 1 rep in Mort. She is doing what she is told and representing the inner circle with great dedication.

Pac, Vivian, Nick Kidd and the Spider would be valued members of council.....and all, certainly better than what we have now. If we don't change it, the city will die, given the current direction. It is already on life-support due to the incompetent leadership of the past and the current lack of talent.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:13pm
Would love to give it a shot but in the process in selling my properties and moving out of this fine town.LOL
Mike,I think you ought to give it another shot. IMO,if this fine town dont get ones that care "FOR THE PEOPLE" and just not their buddies it will be #1 Dead City on Forbes magizine.Wink
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:47pm
I'd like to see Laubach continue.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

negative all current members need to be replaced.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:08pm

Like to see him continue out the door.A typical politican,say one thing and do complete opposte.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:26pm

Ya know, sw, I had high hopes for Josh. Started off well, asking questions, having forums and discussion and providing the single voice on council that provided good representation. Scott-Jones has her moments when she supports thinking that would include good for the city and the people. Then, tails off and rejoins the rest of the problem children on council at times. Picard, both Mulligans, Becker, Mort, Gilleland, Landen, Kohler, and the rest of the MMF puppet/ town-wreckers can do a job on a good attitude. You could hate real easily after viewing what they have to offer and learn the games they play at our expense.

I don't see the same behavior and enthusiasm from Josh anymore. Perhaps he has been told to keep quiet or stand down by the power brokers. Perhaps he is tired of the battle and sees himself constantly outnumbered in everything he attempts. Guess that would cause depression in anyone. Another good person with good intentions beaten down by the nonsense that is city government. Gotta have a strong, bull-headed personality and not care if you are liked by them to stand up for what is right against the pressure.

Put Josh with people like the Spider, Mike, Vivian and other people who call it like it is and want to fix it and I'd bet Laubach would be a totally different person. Until that happens, I would imagine he will just be going through the motions. Sad to see happen from such a promising individual.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:52am

John, Vet, and LMAO,

Thank you for your advocacy, but circumstances will not allow me to try again.  Besides, I got my butt kicked last time and I wouldn’t want to take even those few votes away from anyone else who may want to challenge an MMF candidate.

I would, however, be pleased to assist any good person willing to champion the people’s cause, in any way that I am able. 

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 2:21pm

Definitively, outstanding councilman.  Great man who appreciates our freedom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic