FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGENDA 2-19-2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGENDA 2-19-2013
    Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 3:07pm

MIDDLETOWN CITY COUNCIL AGENDA , February 19, 2013

I. BUSINESS MEETING 6:00 p.m. – COUNCIL CHAMBERS – LOWER LEVEL

1. MOMENT OF MEDITATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG

2. ROLL CALL

3. PUBLIC HEARING-

Program Year 2013 Annual Action Plan and the Substantial Amendment to the Consolidated Plan

4. CITIZEN COMMENTS

5. CITY MANAGER REPORTS

Master Plan Update- Greg Dale

Butler County SBDC, Dave Riggs, Director and Mark Lankford, Counselor

6. CONSENT AGENDA. . . Matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote of consent. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed and considered separately.

(a) Approve City Council Minutes: February 5, 2013

(b) Receive and File Board and Commission Minutes:

Board of Health and Environment- January 8, 2013

Middletown Cemetery Board- January 30, 2013

(c) Receive and File Oaths of Offices:

Jordan Lawson

Noah Powers

Britt Howard

(d) Confirm Personnel Appointments:

Zach Bernard-Squadperson

Robert King- Squadperson

Brian Lykins- Squadperson

Diane Moore- Executive Account Clerk

Penny Sargent- PT Executive Account Clerk

(e) Accept and award bid tabulations for Golf Course Chemicals as listed:

Advanced Turf Solutions – Hilliard, OH $ 2,169.30

Green Velvet Sod Farms – Bellbrook, OH $ 22,453.00

Harrell’s – Lakeland, FL $ 18,110.00

Helena Chemical Co. – Columbus, OH $ 6,850.00

The Hill Co. – Erlanger, KY $ 2,148.00

John Deere Landscapes – Cleveland, OH $ 6,523.84

Residex – Cincinnati, OH $ 550.00

TruPointe – Lebanon, OH $ 37,613.75

Winfield – Cedarville, OH $ 4,893.10

Brighter Day – Cincinnati, OH $ 238.80 GRAND TOTAL $101,549.79

(f) Approve the Purchase of a 2013 2WD Chevrolet Tahoe for Police K-9 vehicle from Byers Chevrolet off of the ODAS Cooperative Purchasing Program, in an amount of $27,645.

(g) Receive and File an Irrevocable Letter of Credit submitted by Sawyers Mill LLC guaranteeing public improvements constructed as part of Sawyers Mill Subdivision.

7. COUNCIL COMMENTS

II. LEGISLATION

1. Ordinance No. O2013-05, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a contract with Butler County Regional Transit Authority to manage the day to day operations of the Middletown Transit Service. (2nd Reading)

2. Ordinance No. O2013-06, an ordinance providing for the issuance and sale of a $2,056,916 Industrial Development Revenue Note for the purpose of acquiring certain property known as the Bender Tract, providing for the security for such note. (2nd Reading)

3. Ordinance No. O2013-07, an ordinance repealing Section 636.10 (Abusing Police, Traffic Control or Corrections Officers) and amending Section 636.05 (Menacing) of the Codified Ordinances. (2nd Reading)

4. Ordinance No. O2013-08, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a contract with McCluskey Chevrolet for the purchase a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe and declaring an emergency.

5. Ordinance No. O2013-09, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a contract with McCluskey Chevrolet for the purchase eight police cruisers and declaring an emergency.

6. Ordinance No. O2013-10, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing purchases of asphalt by the City Purchasing Agent in 2013 and declaring an emergency.

7. Ordinance No. O2013-11, an ordinance authorizing the submission of an application for federal assistance, a consolidated plan and a projected use of funds, under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended for fiscal year 2013 and declaring an emergency. (No action requested until March 5, 2013)

8. Ordinance No. O2013-12, an ordinance determining to proceed to add decorative Street lighting on South Main Street between First Avenue and Ninth Avenue. (1st
Reading)

9. Ordinance No. O2013-13, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a contract with Middletown Area Senior Citizens, Inc. (1st Reading)

10.Resolution No. R2013-03, a resolution to establish the Senior Citizens Levy Fund. (1st Reading)

11.Ordinance No O2013-14, an ordinance authorizing a contract with R. A. Miller Construction Company, Inc. for improvements to South Main Street. (1st Reading)

12.Ordinance No. O2013-15, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a lease of certain real property to Mark Kakaris DBA Mark’s Towing. (1st Reading)

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 8:37pm
Receive and File Oaths of Offices:

Jordan Lawson

Noah Powers

Britt Howard

Isnt Judge Powers going to be a Judge anymore?

Ordinance No. O2013-10, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing purchases of asphalt by the City Purchasing Agent in 2013 and declaring an emergency.

Why the emergency.They first have to teach people to lay it.LOL

. Ordinance No. O2013-12, an ordinance determining to proceed to add decorative Street lighting on South Main Street between First Avenue and Ninth Avenue. (1st Reading)

Wont be at this meeting cos of just getting out of hospital,but hopefully God will give me the strength to attend the other 2.Makes no sense what so ever "WHY" taxpayers have to pay for there decrotive lights.Its like playing sports,you want to play,then pay.You want your "PURTY" lights pay for them.Thumbs Up

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 6:42am
"Isnt Judge Powers going to be a Judge anymore?"

Noah Powers is still a judge. His dad is Noah Powers. Judge Noah Powers is Noah Powers II and the Oath of Office thing is his son, Noah Powers III, who has been hired by the city for a position. A "close knit" family with a "special" circle of friends, that city building is ehh?

I am surprised that the S. Main St lights aren't declared "an emergency" like everything else is. Also surprised someone on council hasn't asked that it be read only once to get 'em installed quicker. This cannot wait. The lights are for the S. Main St. Kohlers and old Lar and Momma Mulligan of the S. Main St. Mulligans. Prominent citizens of Middletown with special priviledges, don't cha know. We, the people, should feel a sense of pride for contributing to their comfort and safety. I know I do.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 10:39am
I don't want to pay for So. Main St. lighting. Why am I forced to pay for their lighting. Don't they have the same lighting I have on my street? Sit down. shut up, quit being pampered, spoiled brats.There are far more important things in this city that "decorative"lighting for a pampered few. Oh, sorry, had to get that off my chest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic