FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plenty of money to go around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plenty of money to go around
    Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 10:10am
NOT TO WORRY, THERE'S PLENTY OF MONEY HERE IN MIDDLETOWN. JOURNAL STORY...

City to buy 8 new police cars

The city is looking to buy eight new police cars as the Ford Crown Victoria — the standard police car for several years — is becoming obsolete.
The new police car of choice will be the Chevrolet Caprice, and eight 2013 models will cost $227,872. The city will spend another $66,000 to convert the cars into police cruisers.

WITH THE INCREASE IN CRIME HERE IN GHETTOTOWN (THANKS CITY LEADERS), I WOULD SUGGEST BUYING BUSES TO HAUL ALL THE CRIMINALS DOWN TO THE JAIL. DON'T KNOW IF A REGULAR POLICE CAR WILL SUFFICE ANYMORE.

AND WHAT FUND (OPEN OR HIDDEN) WOULD THIS PURCHASE COME FROM?

ADDITIONALLY, MORE GOOD NEWS......

South Main Street improvements
City Council, or at least five members of the board, will consider later this month to proceed with the South Main Street improvement that includes pavement rehabilitation and adding roughly 45 decorative lights.
Mayor Larry Mulligan and his brother, Councilman Joe Mulligan, own property along South Main Street and recused themselves from the discussion and vote last week.

GEE, IF I HAD A HIGH ROLLER LIVING ON MY BLOCK, COULD I GET SOME SPECIAL FREEBIES AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE TOO? DOES THE ACTION OF RECUSING THE MULLIGANS DO ANYTHING AT ALL, KNOWING THAT COUNCIL WILL VOTE THE WAY THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO DO BY THE MULLIGANS AND THE MMF'ERS? IT IS JUST A FORMALITY AND LOOKS "ABOVE BOARD" TO THE PUBLIC. C'MON, WHO'S FOOLING WHO HERE?

The project includes pavement rehabilitation, repairs on the concrete sidewalk, curb, an handicap ramps at all intersections, and the addition of decorative street lighting within the historic district from First to Ninth avenues. The lighting, which the American Legion Post 218 on South Main Street objected to last year, will cost property owners a collective $137,000 in assessments. More than 60 percent of the property owners, however, approved the petition by the South Main Historic Neighborhood Association for the decorative lighting.

THOUGHT THIS ONLY INCLUDED THE STREET RESURFACING AND THE FAKE LIGHTS. DIDN'T HEAR THAT IT ALSO INCLUDED HANDICAPPED RAMPS AT ALL INTERSECTIONS AND SIDEWALK REPAIRS TOO. WE ALL NEED TO HIT COUNCIL WITH SOME PETITIONS FOR REPAIRS IN OUR RESPECTIVE NEIGHBORHOODS TO MAKE A POINT.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 10:55am
How about we hit them with a signed and a photo Petition?  Then we go around Middletown, and take pictures of all the Bad Streets, Pot Holes, Cracked sidewalks, and curbs in Middletown. Then we present them all to the City Council during there meeting. That way they are forced to see the true condition of Middletown. I can easily supply 25-50 Photos out of the Ayrshire Neighborhood alone. 
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 1:03pm
KTF sad thing is that our "SPINELESS ONES" know about it but they much rather help their friends out. It amazes me,myself,and I that they can sleep at night. We taxpayers voice are opinion but if we aren't in there inner circle it goes through one ear and out the other. I am doing research about this lighting bussiness.If it means making calls to Columbus I shall do it.I'm really not so much upset about repairing the road,but I'd say if I drove around "MIDDLETUCKY" I'd find others roads that need it just as bad as "MULLIGANS" Street.Big smile

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 1:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic