FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COUNCIL RETREAT 3-02-2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COUNCIL RETREAT 3-02-2013
    Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 2:34pm

M E E T I N G  N O T I C E

MIDDLETOWN CITY COUNCIL WILL HAVE AN ADDITIONAL REGULAR MEETING OF COUNCIL TO BE HELD SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013 FOR A CITY COUNCIL RETREAT.

COUNCIL MEMBERS WILL GATHER AT 2:30 P.M. AT THE NORTHGATE MALL, 9501 COLERAIN AVENUE, CINCINNATI, OH 45251 FOR A TOUR AND PRESENTATION BY CHRIS HODGE, FIRST VICE PRESIDENT, CBRE, RETAIL SERVICES.

THE TENTATIVE AGENDA WILL INCLUDE:

2:30 P.M. TOUR OF NORTHGATE MALL

3:30 P.M. MEET WITH BROKER FOR INFORMATION ON REDEVELOPMENT OF NORTHGATE

4:00 P.M. REVIEW CITY GOALS

4:30 – 5:00 ADJOURN

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 3:25pm
Why in the world in this clandestine location?
Maybe they are wanting an enclosed arts mall downtown! Wink
Or try to influence the Towne Mall restoration!
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 4:28pm
Hodge represents new Towne Mall owners
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar that City Hall will try to influence the mall's redevelopment.  The Master Plan included Kohler's and the other denizens of City Hall's views of what THEY want there, and they will try to get it (whether it is commercially feasable or not).  It will not be their money on the line, so they won't care whether or not it will be a financial success.  They'll just want it to have the "artsy", toney, "up town" look, with all signs of evil business hidden from view.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 7:09pm
This is supposedly a PUBLIC meeting, but I notice that they didn't say WHERE (within Northgate Mall, a fairly large venue) the meeting would take place.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 8:23pm
Mike - the .pdf on the city's website includes an exact location in the mall where the meeting will take place.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Mike - the .pdf on the city's website includes an exact location in the mall where the meeting will take place.

Thank you for that info!!!
According to that PDF, they will "gather by suite 154--President's Tuxedo".

Perhaps I'll try to attend and report back to the MiddletownUSA audience.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:40am
great
it has taken 30 years and tens of millions $$ to start a re-birth in the former downtown area
and that may only happen because of Cincy State and their staff/clout
govt has accomplished little other than to spend large amounts of taxpayer $$

I doubt that town mall can wait that long, and don't really see how they can or would want to control that development
they should be happy that someone wants to and is working to do so imo--leave them alone!

there is no one on Council or Admin with serious retail/service experience, and it shows
they need to concentrate on govt..service fundamentals, and leave private business to act for themselves imo
proof is layered in the past

maybe they are looking at re-roofing the former downtown area!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar that City Hall will try to influence the mall's redevelopment.  The Master Plan included Kohler's and the other denizens of City Hall's views of what THEY want there, and they will try to get it (whether it is commercially feasable or not).  It will not be their money on the line, so they won't care whether or not it will be a financial success.  They'll just want it to have the "artsy", toney, "up town" look, with all signs of evil business hidden from view.

Hopefully, the new owners are aware of the city's reputation of ruining everything they touch and politely tell the city to stay away. The city has the downtown to ruin. They've already done their damage out by the freeway, given the condition of the entryway and ramps. Looks like Desolation Row out there. Kohler and the other city hacks need to stay out of the mall development. Nothing but trouble if they get involved and will doom any opportunities for success. They just flat out don't know how to successfully develop anything. Look at their track record.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:01am
Mike, I think that would be a great idea for you to attend. Keep E'm honest.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:20am
It is interesting that I've heard a couple of our "downtown" businesses are looking at moving to the Towne Mall.  I'm guessing city admin can't be too happy about this!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:55am
They seem to see where the real drew is for shoppers,why can't city leaders(i use the term losely) see that.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

great
it has taken 30 years and tens of millions $$ to start a re-birth in the former downtown area
and that may only happen because of Cincy State and their staff/clout
govt has accomplished little other than to spend large amounts of taxpayer $$

I doubt that town mall can wait that long, and don't really see how they can or would want to control that development
they should be happy that someone wants to and is working to do so imo--leave them alone!

there is no one on Council or Admin with serious retail/service experience, and it shows
they need to concentrate on govt..service fundamentals, and leave private business to act for themselves imo
proof is layered in the past

maybe they are looking at re-roofing the former downtown area!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs UpThumbs Up What ever are "SPINELESS ONES" ones touch seem to come back and bites them in the "A$$".I should say Bites us in the A$$ cos we "TAXPAYERS" are the ones that have to bail them out.
Please "SPINELESS ONES" tell me how you sleep at night?You are crooks and liar's.Approve
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:11am
AMEN!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic