FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting the stage for Libby Lolli?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting the stage for Libby Lolli?
    Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 12:35am
In yesterday's Andover (Kansas) newspaper:
www.andoveramerican.com/article/20130307/NEWS/.../-1/newsCached
1 day ago – Today (Thursday, March 7), Greg Rasmussen will interview with the ... The Middletown City School District is an urban/suburban district of ... He and his wife Nancy grew up in Kansas and called Andover home for nine years.
Will Dr. Lolli be our next
Super?    chmoore
wtellmoor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtellmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 3:16am
I can't say about Dr. Lolli, but credible sources say Dr. Price is back in town.
enough is enough View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 6:11am
Price never did sell his house he is back in town and 2 of his children have been enrolled in Middletown. Hopefully the school board is smart enough not to go down that road again. Then again it is our board and their track record speaks for itself.
Enough is Enough
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 6:51am
This shouldn't surprise anyone.  Did we really think a guy who was a lifelong Kansas resident was going to come here for more than a cup of coffee?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 7:38am
Would look awfully bad if the school board brought Price back after terminating his contract. I would imagine even the board realizes his return is not an option. Did too much damage to the district performance and moral of the school people. Apparently other districts had issues with him as well. The man needs to find another profession. However, this is Middletown and stranger decisions have happened over time.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 8:52pm

MIDDLETOWN

Superintendent leaving Middletown for Kansas job

MIDDLETOWN —

Greg Rasmussen, the Middletown City Schools superintendent since April 2010, has accepted an offer for the same position in Andover, Kan., The Middletown Journal has learned.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/news/middletown-superintendent-candidate-for-kansas-sch/nWpFx/

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

MIDDLETOWN

Superintendent leaving Middletown for Kansas job

MIDDLETOWN —

Greg Rasmussen, the Middletown City Schools superintendent since April 2010, has accepted an offer for the same position in Andover, Kan., The Middletown Journal has learned.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/news/middletown-superintendent-candidate-for-kansas-sch/nWpFx/

I just read the story (at 10:15 pm) in the on-line Journal, and the first sentence has been changed to read as follows:

"Greg Rasmussen, the Middletown City Schools superintendent since April 2010, has been offered the same position in Andover, Kan., The Middletown Journal has learned."

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 6:51am
WELL.......A NICE SHORT SWEET, PROFITABLE TRIP TO OHIO FOR RASMUSSEN. THE COMMENTS ABOUT BEING SORRY TO LEAVE IS "APPROPRIATE" IN THIS SITUATION. IT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY TO "LET THE DISTRICT DOWN EASY". PERHAPS....PERHAPS THE REAL TRUTH IS THE MAN IS GLAD TO BE "GOING HOME" AND NEVER INTENDED TO STAY FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. SUPERS SEEM TO BE WELL TRAVELED NOWADAYS WITH SEEMINGLY LITTLE TO NO COMMITMENT TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT THEY ARE RUNNING. ALLEGIANCE IS ABSENT IN THE SUPERINTENDENT RANKS IN TODAY'S WORLD. MOST COME IN, MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS, INSTITUTE SOME PROGRAMS, GET A LEVY OR TWO PASSED, ALL THE WHILE SEEKING THE NEXT STOP IN THE SUPERINTENDENT EXPRESS. LOYALTY? CARING? COMMITMENT? NAH. JUST NOMADIC IN NATURE. AND SO IT GOES.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:45am
Rasmussen said he wasn’t looking to leave Middletown.LOLLOLLOL( i call bull )LOLHe and his wife, Nancy, are “quite happy in Ohio,LOL ( but just not mid town)LOL and are just beginning to understand how to be MiddiesLOLLOLLOL 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:56am
Nice guy--nice couple
We made progress in his short run
Best of luck to him
Hopefully the next choice will be even more productive or at least keep it going in the improving direction
Midlletown isn't ideal for everyone(only a select few maybe?)
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:42am
This is no shock. He seemed to be a definite step up over Price. The nature of this job means you are changing supers every 4-7 years. We're not going to get someone who will stay for 15 years. It just doesn't happen.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 4:25pm
Rasmussen never had any intention of staying. He did however manage to outsource busing, custodians, substitute teachers and qualified school nurses which were replaced by 10 under qualified LPN's of which 5 have already been let go. Just wondering if the woman from Kansas he hired to oversee the technology department will be returning to Kansas with him? 
Enough is Enough
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 6:58pm
From MJ:

‘Deep roots’ draw Rasmussen back home

Middletown superintendent offered job in Kansas.

By Rick McCrabb

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:09pm
Enough,

Obviously this strikes a chord with you.  As for the nurses, are we to believe that LPNs aren't qualified to deal with fevers and boo boos? 
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 10:45am
Just seems curious that 5 of the 10 that Hamilton County hired have already been let go. One because a double dose of insulin was given to a student. To me that is a life threatening situation. There are a lot of children on medication these days just concerned for their safety. As any parent should be.I know the district is trying to cut cost, but at what expense? 

The district hired Hamilton County to oversee the replacement of the nurses. The district probably did not even speak with any of the replacements before they were hired.

Peterman took over busing which is probably a good thing since Peterman can suspend a student from riding a bus for poor behavior which the district never wanted to do.

Aesop is in charge of substitute teachers. In the past principles had control of who subbed in their building, now they do not. 

Sodexo is in charge of food and the custodians. Verity is being used a storage facility. If something has to be picked up and delivered to a school Sodexo charges the school a fee to do this

I am not against change, but sometimes change is not always for the better.
Enough is Enough
I Wonder View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I Wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 1:20pm
Bill, I wonder if the subject of school nurses strikes a chord with you?  Why do you think they only treat fevers and boo boos?  I wonder if you really understand the scope of nursing services.  Enough, you obviously have some experience with MCSD.   I wonder if citizens realize that AESOP is an automated substitute teacher system that is operated by Warren County Educational Service Center?  MCSD pays WCESC to run this service, just as they pay Hamilton County ESC and Butler County ESC for other services.   Obviously,  MCSD is cutting costs, but at what cost?  In Saturday's Journal, there is an article about the Monroe audit.  The interim Super states "My frustration simply was, in the audit, they look only at dollars and cents and not the implication to quality of education."  Is this what MCSD is doing?  Cutting costs and cutting quality?  I wonder.
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 12:19am
Enough: just to set the record straight, Sodexo does NOT charge the district a fee to provide a contact to meet a district employee at Verity, nor does Sodexo bill the district for any items moved from one building (including Verity) to another location. Anything "hauled" within MCSD is done within the Sodexo/MCSD contract at no additional cost to the district.
Rick
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 3:40pm
If Libbie were to become the superintendent, you essentially would have the top administrative staff from Monroe.
Moving from a small district to Middletown would be an advancement in her career. As it was for Kelley.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 6:43pm
Speaking of Kelley......what was the outcome of the investigation into her financial issues at Monroe? Kinda dropped off the map. Anyone know the updates?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 6:27am
Today's Journal.....

Rasmussen’s strength was “his ability to listen to others”

As superintendent, Greg Rasmussen was the voice of the Middletown City Schools District the last three years. But what separated him from other school leaders was what one school administrator called his “standout quality,” his willingness to listen to others before making decisions.

In the days since Rasmussen announced he was leaving Middletown this summer for the same position with the Andover (Kansas) Public Schools, those who worked closest to him — school administrators, the school board and PTO presidents — expressed the same sentiment: He was good for the district at a time when it needed a stronger leader, and he’ll be greatly missed.

Marcia Andrew, president of the Middletown school board said.....

Carmela Cotter, a second-year principal at Middletown High School, said.....

Rasmussen also understood the importance of all extra-curricular activities, and not just sports, said Gary Lebo, the district’s athletic director

Ann Mort, who has served on school boards and city councils, ranks Rasmussen “in the top” of the Middletown superintendents she has worked with over the years

Bev Howard, parent facilitator at Rosa Parks Elementary School.....

Shena Pruett, an assistant teacher and safety patrol mentor at Highview Sixth Grade School.....

ALL OF THESE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN QUOTED IN THIS STORY ARE EITHER SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS OR ARE MEMBERS OF THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY. IT IS NATURAL THAT THEY WOULD HAVE A FAVORABLE OPINION CONCERNING RASMUSSEN. WHAT ABOUT THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE? WHAT DID THE PARENTS OF THE STUDENTS THINK OF HIS EFFORTS? HAS SCHOOL DISCIPLINE AND PROBLEM AREAS REALLY BEEN IMPROVED? POLICE DIDN'T GIVE AN OPINION IN THE STORY RELATED TO REDUCED CALLS TO THE SCHOOLS. SHOULD THEY HAVE BEEN ASKED? STORY DIDN'T COVER THAT. THE MAN MAY HAVE BEEN VERY CORDIAL ON THE JOB AS HE LISTENED BEFORE ACTING. COMMENDABLE APPROACH. DON'T KNOW THAT HE HAS BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH, NOR DONE THE "EYE-OPENER" TYPES OF THINGS THAT WOULD PUT HIM IN THE "BEST OF THE BEST" CLASSIFICATION AS SOME ABOVE SEEM TO SUGGEST. IT IS ALL MEANINGLESS AT THIS POINT AS HE IS GOING BACK TO KANSAS AND THIS DISTRICT IS BACK TO SQUARE ONE.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 7:29am
I am in no way connected to the school board or system.
I liked the man--agree with comments made above--and would also rank him highly from my limited perspective
seemed to be doing what was necessary
I hate to see him leave so soon, and think that he will be missed

jmo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic