FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Military medallions stolen from local cemetery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Military medallions stolen from local cemetery
    Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 8:23am
the stinkin Thieving shoot-em up dope heads !!! wonder what scrap yard that is taking this stuff?? there's got to be a scrap yard somewhere that is not reporting everything passing thru their gates..  IMO it can't be that far away.. I believe the MPD is doing all they can but there is to damn many of them out there... ok im done with my rant, lol  but crap like this really upsets my apple cart... Angry but I really dislike thieves, one of the main reason why I moved out years ago, the other reason is the dim-wits that allowed mid-town to be in the shape its in now.. now in my new city I have lawn stuff out, truck and car has had no windows broken out,  the only thing that wisses me off around here is a darn cat pooing in my flower bed..LOL
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 12:20pm
If the police haven't gotten a call on these medallions, then somebody isn't doing their job. There is NO WAY a junk yard can justify taking these things!! These are "bottom of the barrel" people taking these off the graves of veterans!!!
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 7:58am
As a Member of the Middletown Area Memorial Day Association, I had numerous calls on the Military Markers missing from Woodside Cemetery.  Unless a family member purchased these Missing Military Markers, They are the property of the Middletown Memorial Day Association.  These Markers are handed out to family members to use on their Veterans Grave at Woodside Cemetery.  These markers are not to be taken from Woodside Cemetery.  This is a service that the Middletown Memorial Day Association has offered for the last 30 years.  The Saturday and Sunday before Memorial Day our Committee along with the Boy Scouts pass out these markers and a Stick Flag to place on A families Veteran Grave.  They are told that these markers and Flags will be picked up by the Cemetery Staff.  We order these markers every year at a cost of over $1500.00 for just 100 of them in more recent years we have put a Donation Jar up to help us replace the Markers and Flags that are taken from the cemetery.  I had one call from a lady and she told me that a Middletown Police Officer knocked on her door and proceeded to take these markers from her property.  I asked her if she had purchased the markers (which you can buy) and she said no she had received them from Woodside Cemetery.  I told her that these were the property of the MMDA and she said that she was told to take them home and bring them back year after year.  I had to question that since we do not tell people to take these home with them.  I agree with Bumper and OTH If the Scrap Yards are taking these then yes they are not doing their jobs and they know where these belong so they are responsible too.  It will come to the point where we, the MMDA will not use these Markers which is a disgrace to our Veterans for them to not have a Marker and Flag to show they are indeed a VETERAN of the USA.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 2:56pm
Disgraceful!! Thumbs Down 

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 7:51pm

Where are these scumbags turning the scrap items in at? Its hard to believe that no one would notice when people bring in pieces like this to the scrap yards. Almost every day I read in the police briefs that someone else has had their central air unit stolen or window unit.

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 8:02pm
Scrap Yards do not care what they get in
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic