FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If City Council approves the appointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If City Council approves the appointment
    Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 9:00am

Having stabilityLOL back in that job is good for the city, Mulligan said. mid town has not seen any of that in years

“The stabilityLOL is a factor, having someone that will be able to work through the issues and help move us forward,” the mayor said.LOL “There are a lot of challenges, certainly, we’re currently dealing with and a number of projects on the horizon.”

Tadych, who makes $82,029 annually as assistant city engineerShocked, will earn $85,888Shocked a year as the director of the Public Works and Utilities Department.. wow you think he might have a little something to do now..  nice to have in-laws helping ya out...

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 9:43am
YESSSS!!!! Another public official making what they're worth. Goes from an "assistant" city engineer (apparently the city engineer has too much on his plate and just can't handle it alone) to, yes folks, we have another DIERECTOR in the city hierarchy! Imagine that. More highly paid paper shufflers managing less actual workers. Have you seen the Public Works personel structure? Last time I saw it, they had a Dierector, a manager and a supervisor managing two or three equipment operators and one admin. If still the same, WAY too top heavy.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 6:19am
More of the story that I found amusing...

But Middletown City Manager Judy Gilleland won’t be involved in the appointment or evaluation process of Scott Tadych, who is the son-in-law of her fiance, Sam Ashworth. .

Gilleland sent an email to City Council stating she would not be including herself in the process even though Law Director Les Landen told The Journal that she would not have a legal conflict.

“The state ethics commission has said, even an in-law, is not considered related unless they live in the same house, which they don’t,” said Landen.

While the city’s policy states a person cannot recommend, appoint or vote to appoint a relative, Landen said Tadych and Gilleland, in the eyes of the law, are not related. He said, the city’s hiring policy also states it is not intended to prevent people from being considered for promotion or other jobs.

MIGHT NOT BE NEOPOTISM LES, BUT IT SURE IS "ALL IN THE FAMILY" AND REAL "COZY" BEHIND THE WALLS OF THE CITY BUILDING.

“Council made it clear they didn’t have an issue with Mr. Tadych’s candidacy and the policy shouldn’t be an impediment to that,” he said

COUNCIL NEVER HAS A PROBLEM WITH WHAT THE CITY DOES. JUST THERE TO RUBBER STAMP THE DEALS. NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO INVESTIGATION, NO REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE EITHER.

AND IN KEEPING WITH THE "ALL IN THE FAMILY" THEME.....

There were 37 people that applied for the director’s position. Interim Public Works and Utilities Director Preston Combs and Senior Personnel Manager Noah Powers III narrowed the list to 10. On May 23, four finalists were brought in for a half-day assessment

NOAH POWERS III IS THE SON OF NOAH POWERS, FORMER COUNCIL MEMBER AND NOW JUDGE.

“We have a very thorough process that we went through and in terms of making that selection,” said Mayor Larry Mulligan. “Scott came out on top of that. He has a long history with the city.”

Tadych has been with the city since 2000

TADYCH WAS ALREADY "PRE-DESTINED" FOR THE CHOICE. IS 13 YEARS A "LONG HISTORY WITH THE CITY" LAWRENCE?

LESLIE AND LAWRENCE MAKE THINGS LAUGHABLE SOMETIMES.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 8:32am
Joe mulligan was allowed to run for council while his brother is mayor. No neopotisum there ,cause he was "elected"? Tell about that one too, Les
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 12:08pm
??
If the public chooses to overwhelmingly elect two brothers to our City Council, then what is the issue?
I don't care for the situation, and neither do many others.
However Joe was elected cleanly and seems to be serving fairly and well.
I see him as an excellent Councilmember, however when we go to 5 members next year, any issue causing abstension by both brothers(or any two Councilmembers) cannot be passed by emergency legislation(I don't believe).
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 1:26pm
Spider:

"If the public chooses to overwhelmingly elect two brothers to our City Council, then what is the issue?"

FOR ME, THE ISSUE IS ONE OF FRUSTRATION WITH THE VOTERS (OR, MORESO, LACK OF INTEREST BY POTENTIAL VOTERS IN THIS TOWN), THAT HAS SOLIDIFIED THE HOLD THIS SMALL GROUP HAS ON THE CITY. WE ARE PAYING THE PRICE BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ARE NON-PARTICIPANTS. WITH A VERY SMALL POPULATION OF THIS TOWN REGISTERED, MUCH LESS VOTING, THOSE LIKE ME, WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A CHANGE IN THE ENDLESS CYCLE OF INNER CIRCLE CANDIDATES AS WINNERS, ARE IN A NO-WIN SITUATION. WE NEED NUMBERS AT THE POLL TO OVERCOME THE INNER CIRCLE SUPPORTERS AND NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ACHIEVE THAT GOAL. DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS THE MULLIGANS, MORT, PICARD, BECKER OR ANY OTHER LACKY FOR THE MMF'ERS, IT IS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE NO OTHER RECOURSE BUT TO TAKE WHAT THEY DISH OUT. NO ONE DIFFERENT TO CHOOSE FROM TO BREAK THE DARK SIDE CYCLE....THAT HAS A CHANCE OF WINNING THAT IS. WE ARE STUCK WITH RUBBER STAMP PUPPETS DISGUISED AS COUNCILMEMBERS. WILL THERE EVER BE A TIME WHEN COUNCIL WILL TURN IN FAVOR OF THE PEOPLE, OR ARE WE DOOMED AS WE ARE LEAD BY INCOMPETENT CANDIDATES EACH ELECTION FROM THIS INNER CIRCLE GROUP?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 2:18pm
Yes sir, everything down at City Hall is just duckie Wink
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:15pm
I guess to get a job with the city it's all about.....who you know AND who you bl_w!!  Wink
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:18pm
Time for the city manager to go....to bad there's no leadership on council to get rid of her!!
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Murdock Murdock wrote:

Time for the city manager to go....to bad there's no leadership on council to get rid of her!!
No leadership on council now, and no leadership on the slate of candidates running this November.
Please, someone, run for council with the PEOPLE's best interests in mind!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Richard Saunders Richard Saunders wrote:

Originally posted by Murdock Murdock wrote:

No leadership on council now, and no leadership on the slate of candidates running this November.
Please, someone, run for council with the PEOPLE's best interests in mind!

JOSH LAUBACH RAN WITH THE PEOPLE'S BEST INTEREST IN MIND. I BELIEVE HE STILL HAS IT BUT HAS BEEN SUBDUED BY THE COUNCILMEMBERS AROUND HIM THAT ARE MMF PUPPET PEOPLE DOING THE BIDDING OF THE SMALL FACTION PULLING THE STRINGS. I WOULD IMAGINE JOSH IS VERY FRUSTRATED. HAD GOOD INTENTIONS BUT THE MULLIGANS, MORT, PICARD AND PEOPLE LIKE BECKER ARE TOO MUCH TO OVERCOME. GOTTA HAVE LAUBACH STAY, SCOTT-JONES SHOW SHE IS ON THE PEOPLE'S SIDE ALL THE TIME, NOT OCCASIONALLY, AND FILL AT LEAST TWO OTHER COUNCIL POSITIONS WITH CANDIDATES WHO CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND ARE STRONG ENOUGH NOT TO BE INFLUENCED NOR BULLIED BY THE MMF PEOPLE. HARD ROAD TO SHIFT THE BALANCE ON COUNCIL TO THE PEOPLE'S SIDE. ARE THERE TWO PEOPLE IN MIDDLETOWN THAT DEMONSTRATE THEY WON'T TAKE CRAP FROM THE CONTROLLING FACTION? TOO BAD MIKE P AND THE SPIDER AREN'T AVAILABLE. WOULD MAKE A GREAT TANDEM TO COMPLIMENT LAUBACH AND PERSUADE SCOTT-JONES PERHAPS. WOULD GREATLY HELP THE CITY IF LAWRENCE MULLIGAN, PICARD AND MORT WERE GONE. THEY, THE CITY MANAGER AND CERTAIN MEMBERS OF HER STAFF ARE A CANCER TO THIS CITY. JURY STILL OUT ON JOE MULLIGAN. STILL NEED TO SEE HIM DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN AGREEING WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE.
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 6:48pm
Josh Laubach is a joke on city council!  He's lost most of the time, appears to have no idea what in the hell is going on and makes very little sense!

If he's not a big enough man to stand up to the Mulligans, Mort, Picard and people like Becker, then why in the heck would we send him back?!?!?! 

Stop the us versus them mentality and elect true leadership with a vision for the future! A good start would be to elect people who will get rid of that ineffective, overpayed City Manager!!!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:09pm
Reading through the council meeting notes from July 2nd on the promotion of Amy Schenck for Clerk of Council, replacing Betsy Parr.

She is now being paid $2086.84 BIWEEKLY for this position. Wow, 4 grand a month for secretarial work. A tad bit high for this position perhaps? The public sector does pay well at times, doesn't it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic