FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Storm Damage at MiddletownUSA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storm Damage at MiddletownUSA
    Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 8:49am
The storm yesterday evening didn't seem very bad to me and driving into work this morning I didn't see much damage, but somehow the MiddletownUSA.com Building was hit hard by the storm. Below are some photos. Did anyone else have a lot of damage from yesterday's storms?

Adam Lewis' Blog
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 9:01am
That's crazy!

I've been all over this town and back this morning and not seen any evidence of wind damage anywhere. 

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
HdMechanical View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HdMechanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 10:41am
Broke all my tomato plants in half.....Trees down on CinDay rd , Shop flooded............Seems CinDay rd / Rt 122 area had a straight line wind gust
HdMechanical View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HdMechanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 11:01am
According to my cameras it lasted about two minutes, then come in waves...Hit about 6:38pm.. I noticed on my way to service call in Gratis via Rt 122...Looked like Middletown had a black cloud forming low... 
darcy1969 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcy1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:10am
There was damage to trees in Applewood Pointe, a private property mobile home park poorly maintained because the poverty and disabled can't trim their trees or pay to have it done and the park sure isn't going to help maintain it. This area needs to become a GREEN FIELD and perhaps help teach children in school about science and chemistry and our bio-NEEDS. In turn gardening incorporated with the schools would also not only allow incorporation of wonderful teaching hands on, allowing the children to learn how to become gardeners but it would also serve a greater health purpose because as the children learn they will share with their parents, and most importantly become avid eaters of the products (imagine that fresh fruit/veggies) that are natural and nutritious. We have some fruit trees already here but a large garden would help with the FEED THE CHILDREN programs giving funding drops in schools in the future for food.
Darcia
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 10:57am
a large garden, that would be good but you would have to be well lighted up with a large, tall  barb wire electric fence around it all to keep the critters out of it..Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic