Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Wednesday, April 24, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:45am
Come on bill--don't get wimpy on us when u r questioned
We r often baited and played with by detractors trying to downplay this site.
So-- the skepticism and suspicion is often warranted.
Come on down Wed. Evening for a top band @ the broad st.bash
I will meet you, show you around and introduce to my acquaintances from both sides of the fence and tracks(excuse me for having friends in this town mr.S-- can h stick to one screen name? And could u put all of yer pathetically pithy roundabout shots @ me in one particular heading? Lol)
Stefanos-At the Square-Liberty-Stained
U won't b disappointed
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:37pm
Billiam,
Please don't let all of the negative comments scare you away from taking a good look at Middletown.  Middletown does have a lot of issues it has to contend with but city council is, in their own way, doing some good things for Middletown.  The Section 8 reductions should start to help.  Council is moving from the ward system to an at large system and is reducing their numbers from 7 to 5 members.  This should help them get better focused and, hopefully, start to make further progress.  Yes they are currently focused on some of the wrong issues, and seem to move money from fund to fund without solid reasons, but I still have hope.

Middletown city schools have a lot of issues that they are dealing with, but are moving in the right direction and are working hard to change their culture toward one of high expectations.

Real Estate values have decreased over the last 5 years, but they've decreased all over the country and it's hard to sort out which is Middletown specific issues and which is a result of the general decrease in real estate values.  From what I've seen Middletown's real estate value reduction has been at about the US average...15% - 20%... maybe a bit more for the higher end homes.

Middletown does have a high poverty rate and few amenities, shopping, restaurants, entertainment, but there are two good local restaurants in town, 3 good grocery stores, and some entertainment venues.  Plus Middletown is very close to Dayton and Cincinnati...so if you don't mind a 30 minute drive you are close to a lot of shopping, etc.  With the low property values, you should have money to spend at these places

Middletown does have a great sense of community and is full of some wonderful caring people...Yes there are some bums, but no more than in other cities.

Whether the city continues to turn around or stagnates or goes further down hill is anyone's guess but at least there are many people who are trying to make the right decisions and are working hard to push it the right direction.

Take Spider up on his offer.  I know that he'll give you a good tour, warts and all, and help you make your own decision.  Some who post on this board are disappointed about things and tend to take it out on the city.  They don't reflect the attitudes of many in the city.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:56pm
They Ayrshire Neighborhood on the east end of Middltetown at the corner of 122 & Dixie Hwy. where I live is pretty nice. I always see people and kids outside doing thing. The only major down side is the roads, sidewalks, and there are a few forecloses. But other than that it is a pretty quiet neighborhood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic