FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should This Be The Focus?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should This Be The Focus?
    Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 6:10am
Journal story....

2 murals planned for downtown Middletown

MIDDLETOWN —
Middletown will add two murals to its collection, with one going up this fall on Verity Parkway, and a new work by artist Eric Henn coming next summer at a location to be determined.

Work has begun on the first mural, which is on the side of the Gathering Church building on South Verity Parkway. It will depict members of the church and will be created by artist Brandon Johnson, along with students of the Art Central Foundation, said Sue Wittman, the director of that organization.

I LIKE THIS......

The Middletown Mural Committee, consisting of Bober, artist/historian Sam Ashworth and city councilwoman Ann Mort, was formed back in 2003 to bring a more historic look to downtown Middletown

I DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD A "MURAL COMMITTEE". GOTTA MAKE DOWNTOWN "HISTORIC LOOKING" DON'T CHA KNOW. I SEE MORT'S ON ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT, MEANINGFUL COMMITTEE. SO MUCH SURFACE FLUFF...SO LITTLE CONTENT TO THIS COUNCILPERSON.

ONCE AGAIN, WE SEE THE ENTIRE FOCUS ON DOWNTOWN WHILE 80% OF THE TOWN BURNS. AGAIN WE SEE THE WRONG FOCUS ON PRIORITIES FROM THIS CITY GOVERNMENT. WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO WHAT THIS TOWN NEEDS RATHER THAN THE THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER AT THIS TIME? THE DOWNTOWN IS WAY DOWN THE LIST OF IMPORTANCE FOLKS. WHERE IS THE "COMMITTEE" THAT IS WORKING ON THE GREATEST AREA OF NEED OUTSIDE THE DOWNTOWN AREA?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 8:16am
What do you mean Vet, the hookers, prostitutes and drug users are not historic looking enough for downtown?  LOL  I can see it now these murals will more than likely be vandilized by some teenager or a gang member. But hey if they want to go to  the trouble and money to paint a mural on these buildings more power to them. As long as they don't paint another cross dressing George Washington like is near Camp Washington Chilli in Cincinnati.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 10:21am
WHERE IS THE "COMMITTEE" THAT IS WORKING ON THE GREATEST AREA OF NEED OUTSIDE THE DOWNTOWN AREA?  Vet I think the hogs eat-em ... and on these murals on buildings, to me is just kinda strange and cheap looking to me...Geek just got wonder who in the heck came up with The Middletown Mural Committee,  was it Sam or Ann LOL 
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 1:07pm
Mural committee?  I guess you can start a committee for anything.  I am going to start the committee that is there to make sure committees are started about other committees.  
Itsa me, mario!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 2:29pm
Its so artsy downtown isn't it
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 4:18pm
I understand mural committees were the start of the nazi movement .
Maybe we should knock them out with a drone strike.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic