FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cin-Day Road Development

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cin-Day Road Development
    Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 10:31am
Journal story....

CinDay Road an asset that is attracting businesses

MIDDLETOWN —
If there’s a booming residential/business corridor in Middletown that doesn’t need much attention outside of regular maintenance, then Cincinnati-Dayton Road might be it.

City officials have invested heavily into areas such as the downtown, East End and Yankee Road by purchasing buildings, land and giving tax incentives to attract and retain businesses. But there hasn’t been that type of spending along Cincinnati-Dayton Road, yet the corridor is growing

Middletown Planning Director Marty Kohler said businesses are attracted to Cincinnati-Dayton Road because of its access to Ohio 122 and Ohio 63, which directly connect to Interstate 75.

“It’s just minutes from the interstate, so for businesses that have a customer base in both the Cincinnati and Dayton areas, that area of Cincinnati-Dayton Road is prime,” Kohler said.

THEN WHY, MARTY KOHLER, ARE WE PLOWING MONEY INTO THE DOWNTOWN AREA, WHICH IS ON THE OPPOSITE END OF TOWN, WHEN THIS AREA IS SHOWING THE MOST ACTIVITY?

LET'S SEE....BUSINESS ACTIVITY AND GROWTH......TAXES FROM THE PAYROLLS AND CORPORATE TAXES......REVENUE FOR THE CITY......JOB CREATION.....HMMM, KINDA OFFERS MORE FOR THE CITY AND IT'S PEOPLE THAN THE DOWNTOWN AREA DOESN'T IT. PUT THE MONEY WHERE THE ACTIVITY AND MONEY GENERATION IS. IT AIN'T IN THE DOWNTOWN, EVEN WHEN YOU TRY TO FORCE THE ISSUE WITH OUR MONEY.

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 11:45am
Hey Vet, 

Not picking a fight here, I am just wondering, what would you do with the downtown area given the chance? For example, I would bulldoze it and start moving more and more toward the highway.  What about you? Just a question.
Itsa me, mario!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by itsamee itsamee wrote:

Hey Vet, 

Not picking a fight here, I am just wondering, what would you do with the downtown area given the chance? For example, I would bulldoze it and start moving more and more toward the highway.  What about you? Just a question.

OK, HERE GOES.....(KEEP IN MIND, I'M NOT A BUSINESSMAN AND HAVE NEVER OWNED A BUSINESS)

1. Clear all city owned land and sell it back into private hands.
2. Immediately stop all the "purchase property from estates/ private owners" program, ending the usage of taxpayer money to develop the downtown.
3. Immediately market the downtown area to private enterprise and encourage the owners to sell a property they have no intention of developing and have been vacant for decades. BUT STAY OUT OF THE NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN CURRENT OWNER AND PROSPECTIVE OWNER. NOT THE CITY'S BUSINESS HOW THAT PLAYS OUT.
4. No more city collected taxpayer money to support the PAC or any other "buy/upkeep" operation down there.
5. Encourage diversity of businesses down there. Ya still get to be there even though you may not be connected to their little wine tasting, cheese eating, fru-fru restaurant with high priced finger food" gimmick currently in place. IE.....encourage the growth to fit the personality of the majority of the town, which has been and still is BLUE COLLAR MIDDLE/ LOWER MIDDLE CLASS WORKING PEOPLE. Stands to reason that if you supply the kinds of stores that would fit the type of people that live in this town, they would patronize those stores, creating foot traffic. Ya don't necessarily need a college downtown to bring in the traffic. You can do it with ANYTHING that will offer what the people in this town want.....good deals, cheap prices, and entertainment that fits their lifestyle. NASCAR-BEER-COUNTRY-ROCK-BLUES-CURRENT DAY ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT, RIBS, BURGERS, HOT DOGS, T- SHIRTS, BLUEJEANS, ETC. THIS AIN'T A SUIT AND TIE TOWN.

CITY STAYS OUT OF IT AND BECOMES A FRIEND OF BUSINESS INSTEAD OF A DOMINANT DICTATOR. TOTALLY DEVELOPED AND FUNDED BY THE PRIVATE SECTOR, INITALLY SET UP BY A PRIVATE SECTOR BOARD WHO WOULD "GET THE BALL ROLLING", BRINGING IN PRIVATE SECTOR BUSINESSES AND JOBS. NO MORE KAYS. NO MORE ROBINETTES. NO MORE CITY OFFICIAL INVOLVEMENT. TOO SLOW PRODUCING MEDIOCRE RESULTS AND GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION.

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. JUST FIND OUT WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, SUPPLY IT IN ABUNDANCE, AND OFFER IT AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE FOR A FAMILY BASED ON WHAT THE LOCAL JOB MARKET PAYS AND IT SHOULD WORK. WHAT WE HAVE NOW DOWNTOWN, MOST IN THIS TOWN CAN'T IDENTIFY WITH AND ARE NOT INTERESTED IN. THEY ARE NOT ARTS AND SMALL PORTION/HIGH PRICE PEOPLE.

ALL JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic