FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Council Candidate Contributors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Council Candidate Contributors
    Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

Vet,

I know this makes for juicy gossip but check your facts - Slagle, Banks, Dickerson are not related to MMF in any fashion!

Oh, and by the way Alien, if you check my original post again, there is a question mark behind the Slagle, Dickerson, Banks sentence. That usually indicates asking a question as in not sure of the statement contents or asking for information as to the answer. I wasn't stating a fact. I was looking for clarification.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:10am
And the winner is....(drum roll)!

Ann Mort and Dan Picard.

Mort is running on a A Night Out at UDF.

Her campaign song is below paid by her campaign contributors. Nothing changes in Middletown.

Sorry JL- national tea party roots just not good enough in "good ole boy" corrupt Middletown where its the voting blocks and quid pro quo wins, not message, not logic, not ideology nor fiscal responsibility.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

Vet,

I know this makes for juicy gossip but check your facts - Slagle, Banks, Dickerson are not related to MMF in any fashion!

MIDDLETOWN MOVING FORWARD CIC.....(circa 2008)
Ken Cohen, President
Cohen Brothers
Lawrence P. Mulligan Jr., Vice President
City of Middletown
Bill Triick, Secretary
The Chamber of Commerce
Judith A. Gilleland, Treasurer
City of Middletown
Fred DeBiasi
American Savings Bank
Anthony “Tony” Marconi
City of Middletown
Greg Martin
Greg Martin Excavating
Alan McCoy
AK Steel
Douglas W. McNeill
Atrium Medical Center
Bill Murphy
City of Middletown

Only list I could find and outdated with Murphy and Marconi long gone. Triick no longer the head of the Chamber. Doug McNeill is retired from Atrium and probably gone also. Alan McCoy from AK is history. You are correct, Slagle, Banks and Dickerson are not listed on this particular list. Mort isn't either but she referenced MMF in her candidate interview. Picard has done the same I believe. C-Mon, with all that Slagle has been involved with and his fill-in status at the Chamber, you could reason that he is involved with the MMF'ers also. You could conclude, based on their acknowledged support, that they are placed there by the MMF, who claims to not be involved with political agendas, but sure does "sponsor" their little candidate pool. Now Alien, if you put two and two together, and stop ignoring references made by various people in this town, you can certainly get a warm fuzzy feeling that they are tied to MMF. They may not be on the published board of directors as Cohen is as President, but there sure are indications that they are part of the overall support of the MMF organization. Les Landen is not listed either, but he sure seems to go along with and throws legal support of acknowledgement toward the MMF also. Mulligan for sure. John Sawyer too at one time. Gilleland, as city manager, certainly is in a key position to influence the direction of the city with "coaxing" from the MMF. You don't think she is capable of designing a directional plan on her own, do you? She is a follower of the true power in the city, not a leader in her own right. She is good at getting people to do her work for her, then throwing them under the bus when it doens't work out favorably. Her epitaph as city manager when she leaves.

It's a tight, cozy little bunch, full of secrecy with the surface fluff made available to the public and the real agenda hidden from view......or so it seems.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:03am
Is there a site that spells out these guys stances anywhere? I mean, besides the little piece the journal did?  Please, dont make me google it.
Itsa me, mario!
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 8:47am
Did you see Paul Nagy's opinion of Dora Bronston
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 8:08am
Do we know if Bronston will be any better than the Downtown Arts lover crowd?
Alien View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 7:34am
Vet,

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 6:43am
Amen to Laubach & Bronston !!!
I've been MORTified long enough ! Needs to go back to cheerleading.
Picard touts new business but where is his located? Out of town!
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 6:11am
Journal story....excerpts

ELECTION 2013

Candidates file campaign spending reports

Middletown

Candidates for Middletown City Council — which feature three sitting council members — have received a combined $8,200 and spent nearly $5,600 for the two open seats.

Councilwoman Ann Mort leads the four candidates with $3,920 in donations, followed by Vice Mayor Dan Picard with $2,475, Councilman Josh Laubach with $1,125 and candidate Dora Bronston with $670.

But Bronston has received more than $3,100 of in-kind donations. Laubach, the only other Middletown candidate to receive in-kind donations, has received $260 — and the majority of that accounted are 2009 campaign signs from Laubach’s bid for council four years ago, according to the report.

Picard is second among the the four jockeying for the two Middletown City Council seats with 28 people contributing, including former councilman Gerald Banks and Dick Slagle, former president and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce Serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton.

Mort has nearly 60 people contributing to her campaign, which includes Banks and Slagle and two of the principles in Dickerson Distributing.

MORT AND PICARD CONTRIBUTORS- BANKS, SLAGLE, DICKERSON......ALL MMF'ERS?

THE MMF SPONSORED PUPPETS ARE RE-ENFORCED AGAIN BY THE PURSE STRINGS OF THE MMF NETWORK AND THEIR FOLLOWERS. I WOULD IMAGINE KEN COHEN IS IN THERE ALSO. ALL HAVE, AND ARE CREATING PROBLEMS FOR THIS CITY, WHILE THEY CONTROL THE DECISIONS AND DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT. THE ONLY WAY TO COMBAT THESE PEOPLE IS TO SHOW UP IN FORCE AT THE POLLS AND VOTE TO KEEP THEIR JESTERS OFF OF COUNCIL. THAT MEANS SPONSORING LAUBACH AND BRONSTON. GOTTA KEEP MORT AND PICARD OFF OR WE'RE DOOMED TO HAVE WHAT WE HAVE NOW, WHICH IS DECISIONS MADE BY A FEW FOR THE BENEFIT OF A FEW.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic