FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Officer Davis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sports Mom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sports Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Officer Davis
    Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:15pm
Middletown lost a hero today in Officer Mike Davis' passing.  He touched the lives of so many children in our schools and through the Safety Town program.  Thoughts and prayers go to his family.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:19pm
Officer Davis was a wonderful man. All of my children went to his Safety Town program. The world and Middletown need more people like him. He will be missed.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:48pm
Had a few run-ins with him during my teens(more with his brother)
Got to know him in the right way as time progressed
Cared a lot about local kids and the community

Heart issues?

Sad day
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 6:33am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Had a few run-ins with him during my teens(more with his brother)
Got to know him in the right way as time progressed
Cared a lot about local kids and the community

Heart issues?

Sad day

Spider, Mike Davis looks so familiar to me, but I just can't place him back in my school days. Was he a Midd. High grad? If so, class of 67 perhaps? I don't think he was class of 66.....but could have been. Class had over 600 kids graduating that year and was impossible to know every one of them.

Never knew him but the positive stories all paint a nice picture.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 9:43am
Vet:
I believe graduated in your class.
His given first name may have been Paul. Not sure.
Sure was great with the kids.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

Vet:
I believe graduated in your class.
His given first name may have been Paul. Not sure.
Sure was great with the kids.

Thanks ! Might have to revisit the old Optimist for 1966.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 3:43pm
From funeral home website:

Obituary for Officer Mike Davis

Officer Mike Davis, age 65, of Trenton, passed away Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at Atrium Medical Center. He was born September 12, 1948 in Middletown, OH to Paul and Ada (Burk) Davis. Mike was a member of Towne Blvd. Church of God. He was a police officer with the Middletown Division of Police for 44 years, retiring in 2011. Mike served as director of the city’s Safety Town program and a school resource officer for 26 of his 44 year career. He was a member of the F.O. P. and Safety Council. Mike was a board member of Butler Heritage Credit Union. He also served many other community organizations. He is preceded in death by his parents; father-in-law, Raymond Pelfrey. Mike is survived by his wife, Beverly Davis; children, Tracy (Ron Cantrell) Wells of Monroe, Danny Zimmerman of Trenton, Mark (Jessica ) Zimmerman of Monroe, Jason Castleman of Gary, IN; grandchildren, Brookelyn and Whitney Norvell, Ashtyn Fath, Cheyenne, Dakota, Landon, Grayson, Alex, Hannah and Collin Zimmerman; brother, Rick Davis of Waynesville; nieces and nephew, Hillary Hamdan, Megan Davis, Richard L. Davis II; mother-in-law, Wanda Pelfrey of Trenton; sister-in-law, Debi (Bill) Warmoth of Trenton and numerous family members and many special friends. Visitation will be held Friday, November 15, 2013 from 4:00-9:00 pm at Towne Blvd. Church of God. A Celebration of Life Service will be held Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 2:00 pm at the church with Pastor Mitchell Burch officiating. Interment will be at Woodside Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Middletown Safety Council, 1131 Central Avenue, Middletown, Ohio 45044. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.bakerstevensparramore.com.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic