FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGENDA 3-18-2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGENDA 3-18-2014
    Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:41pm

MIDDLETOWN CITY COUNCIL AGENDA 
TUESDAY, March 18, 2014 

BUSINESS MEETING- 5:30 pm – COUNCIL CHAMBERS – LOWER LEVEL
1. MOMENT OF MEDITATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG

2. ROLL CALL

3. CITIZEN COMMENTS, GUESTS, ORGANIZATIONS’ REPORTS

4. CITY MANAGER REPORTS
Sam Ison, Superintendent of Middletown City Schools
Work session on Brownfields/ USEPA Grant
SORG Update

5. CONSENT AGENDA. . . Matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote of consent. There will be no
separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed
and considered separately.
(a) Approve City Council Minutes: March 4, 2014
(b) Receive and File Board & Commission Minutes:
Airport Commission- December 4, 2013 & January 8 and February 12, 2014
Board of Zoning Appeals- January 2, 2014
(c) Receive and File Oaths of Office:
Wilkie Mitchell, Anthony McCain
(d) Confirm Personnel Appointment:
Human Resources Clerk (Part-Time) - Rachel Combs

6. MOTION AGENDA
(a) Receive, file and approve the recommendations of the Tax Incentive Review
Committee
(b) Authorize the City Manager to enter in a contract with Kirk Brothers Co., Inc. for the
replacement of the drives and mechanisms for the three secondary clarifiers at the
Wastewater Treatment Plant.
(c) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Rack & Ballauer Excavating
Co. Inc. to proceed with the Germantown Rd. Force Main, Water Main, and
Concrete Repairs Project.

7. COUNCIL COMMENTS

LEGISLATION
1. Resolution No. R2014-09, a resolution to make adjustments to appropriations for
current expenses and other expenditures of the City of Middletown, Counties of
Butler and Warren, State of Ohio, for the period ending December 31, 2014.
(Appropriations Transfer-General Fund) (2nd Reading)

2. Ordinance No. O2014-14 an ordinance authorizing a contract with Rack & Ballauer
Excavating Co., Inc. for improvements to Towne Boulevard and declaring an
emergency.

3. Resolution No. R2014-10 a resolution supporting Grassroots Ohio in its efforts to
obtain a Community Reinvestment Area tax exemption for the redevelopment of
property located at One South Main Street (Goetz Tower) in the City of Middletown
and declaring an emergency.

4. Resolution No. R2014-11 a resolution supporting the request by the Butler County
Transportation Improvement District (“BCTID) for STP Funds administered through
the Ohio Kentucky Indiana Regional Council of Governments for the transportation
improvement project known as the “Yankee Road Relocation Project” and declaring
an emergency.

5. Ordinance No. O2014-15, an ordinance authorizing an addendum to the agreement
with the Board of Park Commissioners of Metroparks of Butler County, Ohio dated
December 20, 2013 and declaring an emergency.

6. Ordinance No. O2014-16, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a
contract between the City and Myron Bowling Auctioneers, Inc. DBA Weatherwax
Holdings, LLC for the sale of City owned property and declaring an emergency.

7. Ordinance No. O2014-17, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a
contract with Metropolitan Environmental Services Inc. for the completion of the
remediation of the STM Wrenn Paper facility and declaring an emergency. (No action
requested until April 1, 2014)

8. Resolution No. R2014-12, a resolution endorsing the school bond issue for the
Middletown City Schools and declaring an emergency. (No action requested until April
1, 2014)

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:09pm

The school board and city council have done more to destroy Middletown residential property values from 2000 to the present opinion than any previous council or school board. Add to that insult is the pathetic ratings just in the immediate area between Middletown and its peer schools. The roads by the city council are a disgrace, and they have the nerve to declare an emergency on a levy for a new building? How calavier.

Meet Joe Black---

School Board and city council. Pass it and Middletown is dead even faster than its current path.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:28am
Acclaro
 You are so right....we are now in the express lane to ...................?
 Several days ago in the Journal we read the glowing article about all the improvements at Butler County Metro Housing.
 It is my opinion that the Section 8 Program and all those big buck $$$$$$$$$ are getting ready to be transferred to Butler County Metro Housing. Isn't this the very thing that Mr Doug assured City Council he would not let happen?
 I believe the contract between City Hall and Nelson and Assoc is due to be renewed on March 21, 2014
 Why isn't the approval of this contract on the agenda this week?
 What will City Hall do without all those millions of dollars from the HUD Section 8 Program?
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:23am
Well that's a good question, Viv. I think there's more to this story than the people or council is being told. Could the fact that Judy and Doug are both in a hurry to leave the city of Middletown behind them have any thing to do with it? I'd almost bet my bottom dollar it does! JMO
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:39am
Perhaps I am mistaken but I believe I read Middletown only netted about $140,000 for Section 8 annually.

Middletown's problems far exceed the Section 8 management issue.

I have heard from insiders Doug Adkins will absolutely be named city manager.

Why is the Atrium providing a bus for the trip to Greenville SC.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:46pm
Well, Acclaro I do hope you're wrong. When we get the rest of the story we may be surprised at the truth.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 8:13pm
I guess Judy was, as usual, was trying to stack the deck for picking the new city manger but council did not pick the person she wanted to help make the selection. They chose someone else. Who are the committee people they chose to help with the selection? I guess Josh Laubaugh is one of the committee ,who are the others?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic