FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bank One Deal Smells

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:16am
Well as I understand a copy of the ordances pertaining to executive meetings and the sale of city property has been layed on Mr Landen desk I guess to save him time from having to look it up. I suppose he'll get the message.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

Well as I understand a copy of the ordances pertaining to executive meetings and the sale of city property has been layed on Mr Landen desk I guess to save him time from having to look it up. I suppose he'll get the message.

Might not do any good.....

It has been found that, over time, one problem with involving Law Director Landen in any interpretations is that ole' Les, doesn't quite interpret the law (ordinances) verbatim. There has been evidence in older subjects and posts on this site, that when it comes time for law decisions, Leslie doesn't quite follow the "letter of the law", but rather throws a bit of, let's say, "imagination" into the final decision so that the final outcome will reflect the flavor of the day as to accomodating the wants and needs of a few. It is a convenience offered by the law department for the friends of the city at no extra cost. He is a good servant for Team Gilleland with the added benefit of being the official city crooner. Does it get any better?   

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:18pm
Evidently the City Manager Gilliland received numerous offers to purchase the bank property. Her answer was always the same IT IS NOT FOR SALE.
Along same Chris Walden and Gilliland's tune changed.
Why?

Miss Kitty View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:11pm
WHY? Because she does what she wants and the people in this community don't have the balls to do anything about it. That's why. Does any one really think Mr Walden has the money to buy this building? I don't know who would be a worse owner- Walden, Robinette, Moormans, that Murphy girl, they're all in bed together.
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Miss Kitty Miss Kitty wrote:

I don't know who would be a worse owner- Walden, Robinette, Moormans, that Murphy girl, they're all in bed together.

Thank you for saying what all of Middletown is thinking!

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 9:00pm
Wake up council get your head out of the sand (or any other part of your anatomy) can't you see Doug,Judy, and Les are not telling you things you need to know.Mr. Mayor you're probably the worst. Your little "golden girl" is not being truthful with you. Or does she tell you and you turn a deaf ear to the truth? Maybe we need to have you relieved of your duties. The two attorneys sitting on council just blindly go along with out questioning. I'm not sure they would be very affective in court if that's how they approach a case. JMO
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 6:30pm
I believe the Bank One Building should be sold for $225,000 plus $46,000 in remodeling cost that were paid for by the city in October 2013 for the Miami Research part of the building for a total sale price of $271,000

The current annual revenues at Bank One Building are:
Miami Research…………….…….$68,004
Middletown Historical Society….......$1,200
AAUW Lease…………………...…...$700
Total Annual Revenues..……..…...$ 69,904

The city also recently declared this building historic so federal tax credits will be made available for the restoration of the
Bank One Building.

I believe the above information reflects the true value of this property.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:01pm
Waldon defaulted on purchase of downtown real estate last month.
I understand thousands in bounced checks were involved.

Did City know about bad checks when they struck deal with Waldon?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:32pm
Well.....the city prosecutor should, as it would have been investigated. Passing checks above 500.00 is a felony, and usually relying on lack of knowledge about an account balance is not sufficient.

City should expect any buyer to have $100,000 set aside for renovation or upkeep, and an escrow fund set aside as apart of deal associated with the deal if it is based upon other criteria than best bid.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Waldon defaulted on purchase of downtown real estate last month.
I understand thousands in bounced checks were involved.

Did City know about bad checks when they struck deal with Waldon?

Just curious which property.  Commercial/Residential?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 7:31am
Commercial
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:38am
Is he part of MPH, LLC? 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:14am
I do not know.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:19am
this could be too cool...
none of my friends or me have ever owned a bank vault!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:28am
A built in 'panic room', count my business partners in. Fast-tracking online LLC registration, and having corporate attorney call LL and request 30 days wait period, to submit a $200 + bid. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic