FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No taxpayer funds at risk??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No taxpayer funds at risk??
    Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 8:54pm
If not the taxpayers' funds, just whose funds WILL be at risk??

If taxpayer funds are not required, why is an act of congress required???

If taxpayers are merely insuring the "good loans" and "NOT the toxic loans", why do they need congress??? 

Are the "good loans" the problem???  NO!!
The "toxic loans" are the problem!!!  If the taxpayers will NOT be at risk for the "toxic loans", exactly WHY is this taking an act of congress to begin with??

The "good loans" ARE NOT NOW AND NEVER HAVE BEEN the problem!!!

No taxpayer funds at risk??  Yeah...that's right...not at all!!!  Thumbs%20Down

I hope that you all understand exactly how stupid these elected Censored criminals think that we average Americans are!!! 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 9:29am

no bailout under the suggested terms.

let the winners(responsible spenders) off the hook to save the losers(greedy bankers/lenders and overspending households).

The whole bailout takes all of our core responsibilities and values and throws them out the window to create a unsecured rescue of those drowning in their own drek.

Law of the jungle--the strong and proper survive while the weak and unmanageable lose their over-financed position. The public has CLEARLY spoken as to their preference, crossing all party/social lines.

Let the losing gamblers take their lumps and the market re-adjust over time.

This is hardly the catastrophe we are lead to believe.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 11:47am
Spider:
Amazingly, for the first time in my adult life I find my self in agreement with a Harvard libertaian academian!  This is the best written short article on the subject that I have read, and I believe that this guy is spot-on!!

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 3:41pm

Bush is telling the public that savings accounts, personal retirement accounts and pension funds will be hit hard if Congress doesn't take action in this "critical moment for our economy."

Lawmakers say their constituents are bombarding them with phone calls opposing the bill because it bails out Wall Street instead of Main Street.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Jonathan Haller Jonathan Haller wrote:

Bush is telling the public that savings accounts, personal retirement accounts and pension funds will be hit hard if Congress doesn't take action in this "critical moment for our economy."

Lawmakers say their constituents are bombarding them with phone calls opposing the bill because it bails out Wall Street instead of Main Street.

Well, IMHO, Bush is wrong!!  Both the Bush administration and both houses of congress (on BOTH sides of the aisle) are ignoring the CAUSE of this mess!!

And in failing to address the CAUSE, they are , in FACT, mandating a repeat in addition to heaping another HUGE pile of debt upon the taxpayers!

If the lawmakers extravagant pensions were first in line at risk in this risky bailout scheme, I can tell you what the vote would be:

434 to 0 AGAINST in the House; and 100 to 0 AGAINST in the Senate!!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 7:33am
500 point recovery in the market yesterday.
Financial armegeddon?
Only for those who have walked the plank with only one step left!

Bush/Congress now know that they must pass this thievery quickly before the public completely figures out what a hose job this is.

By their reactions, Obama/McCain have now proven to have absolutely nothing positive to offer now and for the next four years.

No bailout!!

Now watch our City Council try the same tactics!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 8:33am
I agree, Spider!

If the bailout passes, any market rally will be short-lived.  I beg anyone to explain how adding another trillion to the national debt, and continueing to encourage mortgage lending to unqualified borrowers will improve the economy in ANY way!

It is simply setting up the economy for an even BIGGER meltdown, while expanding bureaucracy and graft!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 9:13am
It will be touch and go, but it will pass.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 10:35am
No way, Mr.Haller---this will blow through Congress, then the market will tank accordingly.
How can you reward greed,thievery and irresponsible spending habits and expect the economy to prosper?

Example:
This bill is a sure pass, so the market has already dropped 175 points today.
Any spike today will be short-term.
The long term results will be disastrous and a swing towards more of the same bailouts to come at ALL levels of govt

Can't believe our reps are so crooked and off track.
The right Congressional action the other day was all political show unfortunately.
Please prove me wrong, Congress!
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 12:03pm

Call the Capitol Switchboard to tell your Senators how you feel: 202-224-3121.

A lot of talking heads are saying this will pass easily today in the Senate.

I hope they are wrong.

Some of my favorite oneliners so far:

"We might cure a 5 year headache but cause a 20 year cancer."

"You can't solve a problem by taking money from the public sector, round tripping it through Washington, then giving it back to the public sector."

"Why trust the guy who just burnt the Thanksgiving Turkey to cook the Christmas dinner?"
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 4:28pm
After reading about some health care add on to the bail out I just called that 202-224-3121 number and it says "all circuits are busy".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic