Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown 4th of July Parade - Event Date: Jul 04 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 11:58am
I liked it better when you were posting back and forth to yourself in multiple screen names.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 12:20pm
Rhodes: I trust that you aren't bringing me back into the fray. I'm just trying to sit on the sidelines and enjoying the circus. just 1chmoore.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 12:23pm
So you chmoore1 work for musa, just help out on levy. Just1 optimistic citizen. I have one screen name Rhodes, historian, savior of the schools that was defeated. 
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 12:25pm
It's beauty on display.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 2:22pm
I wonder if Factguy has thought about dialing back on the caffeine.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 2:59pm
Factguy: you lost me on your last post. just 1chmoore.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:02am
There will not be a meeting for the 4th of July Parade Committee this Thursday. We will resume meetings on Thursday June 19, 2014 at 6:00 PM at 4004 Lewis Street in Middletown Ohio. Call Joe Snider at 513-423-6017 for more information.

Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:22am
da120757, I have a suggestion that isn't mine, but I've heard it mentioned by others.  I do appreciate anyone that takes the time to volunteer to put these parades together, so please do not take this as being overly critical.

The downtown area already has the Memorial Day Parade and a Christmas parade.  I believe the high school does a Homecoming parade as well.  The people on the east side of town never have any parades or festivities.  The suggestion is to start the parade at the Middletown Area Senior Center or at the old Wilson Elementary where there are ample parking areas to prep.  Have the parade run down Central Ave. to either the old Roosevelt vacated lot area or hang a right on Kenwood and end the parade at Sunset Park.  Your group can team up with some of the local churches to plan activities at Sunset Park for the kids.

The way it is now, as others have said, the parade just reverses what was done on Memorial Day, just a month earlier.  There's no real purpose in the 4th of July Parade as it is now.  Its original intent when it went from Kittyhawk Plaza to MHS was a promotion of the All American Weekend, so it had a purpose.  Now it's just a big dud after it ends at Smith Park with nothing more to do.

I'm sure at this late date it would be difficult to put a festival at Sunset together, but with social media and the newspaper, there's still enough time to move it to Central Ave.  Just something a little different and on the other side of town would be a boost to the city, even if just in a small way.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:08pm
Beautiful thinking, Rhodes and co.
We have enough parades in the former downtown area.
Nothing is ever open down there anyway--at least for the masses.
Go op Central to Sunset, then feed into a festival.
Or Smith park--have a parade end at Douglas park.
Have an enjoyable reason to participate and follow it through.
Have the parades be a beginning to a fun-filled day--we see it everywhere else.

Can we finally become ONE town again instead of competing pockets?
Counter-productive IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic