Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Butler County Democrats censure Speaker Boehner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butler County Democrats censure Speaker Boehner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler County Democrats censure Speaker Boehner
    Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 10:50am

Hamilton-- The Butler County Democratic Party Executive Committee met Thursday evening and voted unanimously to censure Speaker of the House John Boehner.  The censure is due to Speaker Boehner's unilateral invitation to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to speak before a joint-session of Congress without consulting with the White House.

According to the motion to censure, the Speaker's action "threatens to sabotage delicate international negotiations with Iran" and "violated long-established diplomatic protocol."  The invitation was "an unprecedented move undertaken with the leader of another nation with the sole purpose of undermining the President of the United States."

"It's time to throw the yellow flag on tactics by the Republican Party leadership that shows disrespect for President Obama and the presidency" said Dominick Lijoi of West Chester, Southeast Regional Chair of the BCDP.  "The Speaker needs to know that his constituents do not approve of his actions" Lijoi concluded.

This is the third time in the last month that the Speaker has been censured by local groups made up of his constituents in the 8th Congressional District.  This motion to censure was first proposed by Don Daiker of Oxford to the Butler County Progressive PAC.  The Democratic Women's Club of Southwest Ohio adopted the motion soon after and now the motion has been approved by the Butler County Democratic Party.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 1:02pm
all 10 of them??
This is hardly a bi-partisan issue--the Pres needs to put his ego in check and listen respectfully to what the man has to say. No way the Dems should boycott this session. A treaty with Iran is serious business, especially with Obama's global concession/giveaway/apology policies.

I like Dr.Ben Carson and Carly Fiorini

jmo lol
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 1:11pm
Since Boehner isn't a member of the Democratic party, I see this as nothing but politics. As for Netanyahu; why listen to someone who has consistently lied about this issue for the last 10 years. He wants a war with Iran and he wants the US to be the one who wages the war. Iran already has intercontinental ballistic missiles. Stopping them from getting nuclear weapons is crucial. I'd prefer to do it by treaty so until that avenue is no longer open, we should do our best to get a treaty that stops proliferation. And please, don't give me the bs about not being able to trust Iran. Why would Iran trust us when you see how many treaties the US has violated over the last decade?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 2:01pm
So the communist Party just censored a spineless republican. who cares both are jokes no news here.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 5:04pm
""It's time to throw the yellow flag on tactics by the Republican Party leadership that shows disrespect for President Obama and the presidency" said Dominick Lijoi of West Chester, Southeast Regional Chair of the BCDP. "The Speaker needs to know that his constituents do not approve of his actions" Lijoi concluded"

So there is not suppose to be any payback for his ignoring the majority of the country for 6 years now and giving rights to people who aren't even citizens while the rest of us watch? Just because he's the current President doesn't mean we should all automatically go along with the program. You're assuming we like the guy Lijoi.

IF the President respected the majority in this population as much as he respects minorities and illegals and bends over backwards for them, he might not have to endure the censures. When you don't respect the rights and acknowledge the majority in a democratic society, you continue to promote rights of those here illegally that should no rights at all and constantly give selected undeserving people in our society freebies, you receive the same lack of respect from those you are ignoring.

Shouldn't surprise Obama nor anyone in his camp. Don't see a problem here.

Not to worry, soon he'll be on his way out (not soon enough for me) and, hopefully, someone will follow who will place a value on the majority, position the minority where it is correctly positioned in a democracy and start listening to what we all want for our country with the old "majority wins" concept.

The Democratic party has hit a new low as to gaining respect. The Repubs aren't much better but, a first for me, I find myself supporting their ideas more so than the Dems.     
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 8:22pm
Well said all Clap

I don't know what I could add to what has already been stated.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2015 at 9:03pm
TonyB, what treaties have been violated? 
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 7:51am
http://www.unitedstatesgovernment.net/violatinginternationaltreaties.htm
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/19/mexican.execution.violation/index.html

We won't even go to the many treaties the US violated against Native American tribes over its history.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 9:08am
lol tonyb--I don't trust Obama or Boehner--Obama's foreign policy deals speak for themself unfortunately. I should view Iran as an honorable partner? Bring 'em both over here to state their cases to the entire Admin/Congress on the record. Then watch our reps squirm when it it time to take a stand...

Come on, man!
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2015 at 8:46am
Spiderjohn: So you're for a war with Iran? I happen to side with Reagan when it comes to treaties: "Trust, but verify". If we were going to go to war with Iran, it should have been done in 1979 when they violated our embassy and took hostages. If they don't want to stop their work on nuclear weapons, we'll have no choice but to go to war but I'd prefer to give diplomacy a chance before a war that will go nuclear. You do know that Iran has intercontinental ballistic missiles which means we can expect attacks on the US mainland, right? Is that really what you want?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2015 at 11:43am
???
Didn't say anything like that tony
Obama verification bears no similarity to Reagan
I doubt Iran wants war with the U.S.
Might be a bad idea to shoot missiles our way, but with Barack in charge, now would be their best time
Occasionally the tough guy has to assert himself to keep the greater peace
Currently lacking in this govt and u c where it has put our allies and us
Last time I checked Israel was our strong ally
This is not a U.S. partisan political situation, though it is being made in to just that
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2015 at 3:43pm
Then what exactly are you advocating?You don't trust Obama yet you don't want a treaty with Iran. Iran thinks we're a "paper tiger" and that they can continue with their nuclear research unchecked. They think we are the ones who are desperate for an agreement. As for Israel being a "strong" ally; why would they want a war when it almost certainly means the destruction of their country? I don't care how good they think their "Iron Dome" ABM system is, it's only going to take a few missiles or one nuke to destroy them. Why would they be against negotiation to keep that from happening? Only the US has the capability to destroy the underground research facilities in Iran. Undermining American foreign policy doesn't look like the actions of a "strong" ally. It looks like the move of someone who is desperate for war and they'll do anything they can to make it happen.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2015 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

Then what exactly are you advocating?You don't trust Obama yet you don't want a treaty with Iran. Iran thinks we're a "paper tiger" and that they can continue with their nuclear research unchecked. They think we are the ones who are desperate for an agreement. As for Israel being a "strong" ally; why would they want a war when it almost certainly means the destruction of their country? I don't care how good they think their "Iron Dome" ABM system is, it's only going to take a few missiles or one nuke to destroy them. Why would they be against negotiation to keep that from happening? Only the US has the capability to destroy the underground research facilities in Iran. Undermining American foreign policy doesn't look like the actions of a "strong" ally. It looks like the move of someone who is desperate for war and they'll do anything they can to make it happen.

1. I am advocating that everyone within our govt.respectfully listen to what the man has to say. 
2. I don't trust Obama
3. I wouldn't be against a treaty with Iran--I doubt that I would like Obama's terms--HE seems the one desperate for an agreement here as the media states
4. Who  says that the Israelis want a war? Where do you get that? Is that what the man is going to say? Destruction of Israel = destruction of Iran and everyone surrounding. No one wins anywhere.
5. I don't see this activity as undermining American policy(just what is that policy?). Let it play out--let the Iran PM speak also.
6. I doubt that anyone is desperate for war, and all will find a way to keep it from happening. Just not confident that Obama will get it right for the U.S.

OK?
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2015 at 6:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic