FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hamet Goes Bye Bye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
middielover View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hamet Goes Bye Bye
    Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 10:52am
Dougie booted Hamet on Friday!!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 11:07am
Long overdue. Nice lady, but in over her head.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 5:32pm
Never met her but never heard anything good about her.
Must have been a hire of Miss Judy.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 6:25pm
Positive mouthpiece for city hall as to economic development when, in fact, the city is decades behind other communities as to economic progress and the Economic Developement Dept. hasn't exactly been busting butt over the last several decades as to luring potential companies to locate here. When we heard from Ms. Hamet, it was like listening to a record with a skip in the grooves. Same old "good news" about 14 jobs created paying a whopping $10-$14 bucks an hour. Never any news that would raise an eyebrow on meaningful impact nor opportunities that would significantly raise the standard of living for anyone.

She was usually an announcer of news from Donham Plaza that was not news at all but a method to placate the community into thinking that work was being done to develop decent livable wage jobs. More nonsense.

Case in point...

The Economic Development Department announcement that the AK Research facility was moving out east by the hospital. In their presentation, this was big news and a real eye-opener. They didn't mention that before this monumental occasion, AK Research was cut to the quick on Curtis St. from 340 at one time to the handful who are left today. In the discussion of job retention, this news rings hollow as to job opportunities within the city. The damage was already done in losing that many jobs and this event only placed a bandaid on an amputation.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 7:34pm
Nice lady
Matt will be good
Anyone else?
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 6:42am
I also heard Marty got the boot too.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 6:57am
Matty would be a disaster. Hopefully Dougie has more sense than to hand job to Matty.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 6:58am
Marty is retiring at end of the year. If not Dougie was going to give him the boot also.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 7:06am
Matt is NOT the guy!
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 8:02am
Matt is one of Judy's left over minions. Great guy if you want to run business out of town.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 10:55am
Judy was over her head from the beginning. Marty should have been sent packing long ago. Just look at his track record. Talk about running business away. JMO
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 1:57pm
I have never understood why he (marty) was ever allowed to stay.  Judy had no clue what she was doing.  It will take 10 years to recover from her mess.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 2:14pm
What happened to prompt Adkins to say goodbye to some long time inner circle friends of the city? This was not in the Journal. Why is he just now making elimination decisions on people that he supported in the past?

I agree, Kohler has gotten away with murder for many years under Gilleland. He wore out his welcome many years ago on this forum. Did he finally try city hall's patience too? Like Lebanon, they should have gotten rid of him long ago.

What about Landen? Is he next to go or is it about retirement time for him?

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2015 at 2:46pm

Posted: 2:24 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, 2015

Middletown, economic development director part ways

By Ed Richter

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN 

Middletown’s economic development director and the city “have parted ways,” according to a city news release.

On Friday, Denise Hamet was no longer employed by the city and the city has no further comment. City Manager Doug Adkins was unavailable for comment on Monday. The release also said “the city wishes Ms. Hamet the best in her future endeavors.”

Hamet has been with the city as the economic development director since Nov. 11, 2008. Her recent salary was reported at $85,055.

Matt Eisenbraun was appointed as the acting economic development director in the interim, according to the city manager’s office. He was been serving as the city’s assitant economic development director.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2015 at 7:52pm
Middletown looking to ‘part ways’ with economic development director
City manager says Denise Hamet’s weaknesses offset strengths

By Ed Richter
Staff Writer
MIDDLETOWN —
Middletown could soon be parting ways with its economic development director.

Denise Hamet, who has been with the city’s economic development department since 2008 and its director since 2012, has been placed “on paid administrative leave pending final separation from the city,” said City Manager Doug Adkins.

The city sent out a short press release Monday stating that it had parted ways with Hamet on Oct. 30. But Adkins offered further clarification Tuesday, saying the separation had not yet been finalized. He declined further comment.

Hamet, whose reported annual salary is $85,055, declined to comment when asked about her job status.

Matt Eisenbraun, one of the city’s two assistant economic development directors, has been appointed as the acting economic development director in the interim, according to the city manager’s office.

The Journal-News obtained a copy of Hamet’s personnel file which detailed some of the performance issues that concerned Adkins and might ultimately result in the two sides parting ways.

In an Aug. 11, 2015 performance evaluation letter, Adkins took Hamet to task for “a lack of attention to detail and/or a lack of organizational skills.” The letter stated that she also showed a “lack of willingness to comply or change behavior when you do not agree with the objectives set by City Council and the City Manager.”

Hamet was praised for being able to see the big regional picture and the ability combining seemingly unrelated persons, organizations or ideas into a complex strategy for new business or into mutually beneficial partnerships that were not readily seen, according to her evaluation. However, Adkins wrote those strengths were offset by her weaknesses.

Those weaknesses “are egregious enough that if they cannot be overcome and corrected, it could jeopardize your current position and/or your employment with the organization,” Adkins wrote.

While noting that Hamet was genuinely liked as a person by her fellow department heads, they “do not want to work with her on any project,” Adkins wrote.

Among instances cited were complaints from department heads and her subordinates that she had a lack or organization and/or lack of ability to complete tasks; the appearance of a lack of understanding as to how city government is required to operate under Ohio law; involving the city in matters that were not requested by the parties; and publicly advocating for taking control of or purchasing property in violation of City Council’s clear directive.

In the Aug. 15 letter, Adkins acknowledged that Hamet had not received an evaluation from the city manager since 2011 and that his predecessor, Judy Gilleland, had communicated some of the same performance concerns about Hamet to him. Adkins said he wanted to develop his own evaluation of her skills and effectiveness on a day-to-day basis since he had not overseen her before.

Last August, Hamet was to submit a written personal plan to Adkins by Aug. 31 with goals to be completed by Oct. 31. That plan was not in her personnel file and neither was a termination or resignation letter.

In previous evaluations in 2011 and in 2010, in the eleven areas, she had ratings of mostly outstanding and exceeds standards and had few ratings of meeting standards.

Her last overall rating was unsatisfactory with few ratings of meeting standards or outstanding.

Hamet was appointed as an economic development program manager on Nov. 11, 2008. She was elevated to acting department director on Feb. 1, 2011 and was promoted to the position on May 16, 2012.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2015 at 8:52pm
This continues the pattern of absolute embarrassment of the employees of the city and its leadership.

Firstly, she has no contract, and can be fired, as Ohio is an at will state. I know COO's the Fortune 500's, that don't have written contracts. Secondly, it is appalling she had no review in 3 years. 

Just like Bill Murphy, the city hires these economic development folks that accomplish little to nothing, before moving on. To have in a file, she could not work with other department heads and stay employed is unconscionable.

Middletown gives no confidence it is moving in a positive direction, particularly when reading the inept capability allegedly attributed to Hamet. To jump through hoops to offer a severance package defies logic for a non contracted employee. No traction, no direction, no quality people raising revenue. And to think a city manager doesn't give a review for 3 years is just unbelievable. No leadership.   

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 2:07pm

Hmm...What did Bill Murphy and Mike Robinette accomplish during their employment with City Hall? I would love to read their files in the Journal.
If Judy did not think she was quantified why was Hamet promoted to director?
It seems to me that Hamet is now the scapegoat for the failure of the economic development of Middletown.
We beeter pray that the next director has a magic wand in his back pocket.

This is just more dirty laundry flapping in the breeze for everyone to see.
No vision and no leadership …

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 6:25pm
the new director will be and do the same as the old director, i'm sure he is no David Copperfield.. but i'm sure he will try to be a better illusionist than Hamet!! so you all better get your boots on!! i moved from middletown damn near 7 years ago when i first saw the city turning into a dump, after being born in middletown and living there for 52 years. my dad retired from the mill with 44 years.. my mother was born in middletown !! my grandmother lived and died in middletown, growing up as a kid i seen all good the town once was.. but the one's doing all the clicking over the years have done put the screws to this city, they are so deep in their mess i just don't see middletown to be anymore than what it is now, the big bucks pass right on by on I75 everyday going north and south knowing that there is no good reason to get off the middletown exit!!  because of the damage they have done.  but hey everything is just dandy over here!!Smile i would take a drive thru my old home town but really can't think of a good reason of why i would want too!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic