FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trading Spaces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trading Spaces
    Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 4:52pm
Larry Mulligan endorses Tim Derikson for Congress. Larry tells Tim he can bring him 7,000 votes from Middletown, if Tim supports Joe Mulligan for his state representative position. County GOP agrees its time to pay back Middletown for its years of support for county GOP. Sweet. Joe will be state rep. 
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 5:41pm
What?
Neither Larry nor Joe Mulligan are actually Republicans, so Joe shouldn't even be running on the Republican ticket, and Larry shouldn't be cutting deals with Derickson! Joe and Larry are both RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) who realize that they can't get elected as Democrats so they just CLAIM to be Republicans. Need proof? Did you ever see a tax that the Mulligans didn't support?

Joe Mulligan supported all of Marty Kohler's Business-killing over-regulations, and helped to keep Middletown DOWN during his term on city council. Do any of you want him to go to Columbus to do the same for Ohio?

Vote for the REAL Republican! Vote for Candace Keller.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 7:53pm
Might be so Factguy but I still can't find anything Derrickson has done for Middletown in his current role in politics. Can anyone list some of Derrickson's accomplishments since he has been in office? I know he showed for some ribbon cuttings at Cincy State and we read about him on occasion, but nothing eye opening as to his contributions around here, right?

As to Joe Mulligan, if his performance on council is any indication of what we can expect as state rep, we would all be wasting our votes as he just seems to be occupying space and nothing more. Hardly a dynamic influence while on council. Fairly anonymous and nothing but a mere mindless rubber stamper for the MMF cause.    

I wouldn't think a Larry Mulligan endorsement would help Derrickson as Mulligan is known to only Middletown people, hardly a main liner name, and I would imagine the majority of them have a low opinion of old Larry based on his little games he plays on council and in helping manipulate the direction of this city to the gutter through his little MMF outfit.

Joe Mulligan for state rep? Let's hope not or we all can write that office off as a lost cause, especially for this city.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 9:43pm
Nancy Nix on city council, was elected treasurer in the county. Noah Powers on city council, was elected judge in the county. It is likely Joe Mulligan will be elected state representative. And if he does, he will be instrumental in Middletown being named an All America City and state pork for the city by sheer political influence and will. 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Factguy Factguy wrote:

Larry Mulligan endorses Tim Derikson for Congress. Larry tells Tim he can bring him 7,000 votes from Middletown, if Tim supports Joe Mulligan for his state representative position. County GOP agrees its time to pay back Middletown for its years of support for county GOP. Sweet. Joe will be state rep. 
If Derickson made a deal like this, he ought to have his head examined!!!

Mulligan can't deliver on this.  The March 16 election is a PRIMARY election!  Most of the 7,000 votes Mulligan got were from Democrats.  What does he think all those Democrats are going to do...all cross over and vote in the Republican primary and miss a chance to vote for Hillary or Bernie Sanders???  No way!!

The only Republican votes that the Mulligans got were from other RINOS and low-information Republicans who believed the MMF propaganda.

The Mulligans don't even believe in the FREE MARKET!  Look at what they've done to Middletown with all of their business-stifling, job-killing regulations.  They've kept all legitimate businesses OUT of Middletown because they believe that THE GOVERNMENT should control all aspects of business here, NOT free enterprise, and they never saw a tax that they didn't like!!!

Look...face the facts...whoever wins the March Republican Primary WILL become the new State Representative for the 53rd District, but the REAL, CONSERVATIVE Republican is Middletown's own Candice Keller!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 1:17am

Nancy Nix on city council, was elected treasurer in the county. Noah Powers on city council, was elected judge in the county. It is likely Joe Mulligan will be elected state representative. And if he does, he will be instrumental in Middletown being named an All America City and state pork for the city by sheer political influence and will. 
"...sheer political influence..."

Strange...I've been on the Butler County Republican Central and Executive Committees (elected) for six years now and I've never seen Joe at a meeting (although I understand that he bought his way on to the executive committee about a year and a half ago).  I've missed one meeting in those six years, though...maybe he was at that one whipping up all of this "political influence".

I think that the only influence that he has is what MMF's money might buy him.

On the other hand, Candice Keller has been an elected member of those committees far longer than I and knows a lot more county and state politicians much better (and LONGER) than Joe.

And I've seen her at EVERY meeting except one, to the best of my recollection.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 8:40am

You didn't answer my question. Again, what has Tim Derrickson done since he has been in office? People think the sun rises and sets on guys like Derrickson, Joe Mulligan, former Speaker Boehner and other "influential" people around here but no one, though I've asked many times, can tell me what they have done of any significance for this area and any highlights in their political careers.

And being on council, especially this pathetic council, like Nix, Powers and Joe Mulligan have been, shouldn't guarantee the next step up the political ladder either. Knowing the poor quality of people that have been behind that council desk, quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone would vote for any of them, given the disaster they helped create in this city. All that does is help the failures rise to the top by promoting incompetence, a common practice in private sector management nowadays.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 1:14pm
A million dollar grant to fund the bike stop and resting building on the banks of the river. That is more than John Boehner did for Butler County.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 4:24pm

A million dollar grant to fund the bike stop and resting building on the banks of the river. That is more than John Boehner did for Butler County.

That is not going to help 95% of the people of Middletown and is not significant. At best, it is a non-important entity just like the bike path and the new "drug user congregation/resting house" they are planning on building by Bicentennial Commons for "restroom facilities" and "other uses". Is that the best Derrickson has done for this area in all the years he has been in office? If so, I would say he is practically worthless as to serving the people around here.

If that is more than John Boehner did for Butler County, pray tell, why did the voters keep returning a non-performing office holder like Boehner to office and why did the majority of people in Butler County think the sun rose and set on Boehner's behind when it came election time?
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 4:32pm
John Boehner didn't participate in ear marks. He won because Butler County will always be an 'insider' game. There won't be an outsider ever elected in the county in the next 100 years. Old people living here forever, no turnover, and play by county rules. Old school GOP, not new school GOP with 16 POTUS candidates at one time. John was the ultimate insider. Just like city council, the insiders. No secret there.  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 4:47pm

John Boehner didn't participate in ear marks. He won because Butler County will always be an 'insider' game. There won't be an outsider ever elected in the county in the next 100 years. Old people living here forever, no turnover, and play by county rules. Old school GOP, not new school GOP with 16 POTUS candidates at one time. John was the ultimate insider. Just like city council, the insiders. No secret there.  

Then it looks like Derrickson is going to follow the same routine as are many others including Joe Mulligan. Apparently, it is not important that one actually does anything and is rewarded by election multiple times. Sad that the people are so pathetic they don't even require their elected officials to perform. Performance should trump backslapping and yukking it up with the office holder behind closed doors. It is true. We do let the public sector go unchecked as a reward for absolutely no performance what-so-ever. Accountability is not a requirement. How gullible the voters are.

Try that in private industry, coming in and laying on your ass everyday, not producing and in short order, you'll be out the door looking for your next job.

All public sector workers should have that hanging over them with the threat of termination if they don't perform. especially the dam politicians.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic