Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4/17/18 City Council Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4/17/18 City Council Meeting
    Posted: Apr 17 2018 at 10:16am
Well, 

Just leafed through the entire big huge thing we call a workbook for tonight's City Snoozer of a Meeting and there's lots there!

Did you know:

Adkins wants Council to approve a 400k loan from MMF to build another driveway to Middletown's Massive International Airport Hair Care and Tire Center?

Yes, the lack of jobs, economic development and the eventual slide of the entire city into the Great Miami due to decline is going to be solved by this extra driveway.  And not only are we being expected to build it - we have to get a loan from MMF?  That should tell you everything you need to know!

Adkins wants Council to approve the re-zoning of land downtown to benefit an expansion of the U-Haul business - but that they're approving minutes of the Boning (I mean Zoning) Commission that denied their use of vacant TOWNE SMALL property to build one heck of a business there?

Oh yes - over 300 parking spots filled 70% of the time with vehicles and a bunch of movement and people can't be good for the city.  The SMALL is getting smaller everyday.  I did notice the sale/lease signs are down on the old Beerman building - anyone know the deal?

Adkins is getting ready to unleash the last part of the Master Disaster that is the TRANSPORTATION piece of the plan.  It will include "new bike paths, walk-able streets, different traffic patterns and a completely re-imagined public transit".

Oh yeah - because I forgot that the problem with downtown is that you can't get anywhere around it once you get there.  PLEASE!  My biggest problem with downtown?  I can't find a faster way to get out!  I'm sure that the price tag for this 'piece of the plan' is going to be exorbitant as usual.  Can't we help ourselves?!??!?

Adkins wants to have April known as 'Fair Housing' month in Middletown.

Great!  I'm so glad that our city employees are wasting time on such meaningless nonsense!  Yes, fairness in housing is important - but you know - ITS THE LAW! - and therefore doesn't need to be celebrated and at the least - doesn't need to take up people's time who are on the public payroll. 

This is just the low-hanging fruit folks - this city is heading straight into the cinder block wall of death - and we see it coming - yet we continually elect people to council that haven't a clue.  Well - there's one bright spot on council - but let's face it 4-to-1 is still 5-to-0.  The math is the same....and that poor council-member is like a duck right now - all calm above the surface - but paddling against the current as hard as they can under the water.

So - in summation - there's only two steps to fixing this town...... JOBS and ELECTIONS!

Now - who's running?  I'm starting a business - so I'm doing my part on the Jobs side....and pretty sure I am going to run for office....who's going to join me?!?!?  If you want to run but are having some second thoughts, or want to run it over with someone before you commit - DM me - it's time to Stand Up, Speak Up and STAND OUT!

Bob
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic