Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, May 2, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you say a prayer before Thanksgiving Dinner?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you say a prayer before Thanksgiving Dinner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you say a prayer before Thanksgiving Dinner?
    Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 2:47pm
Seems that Thanksgiving Dinner is the most important for prayer.
We always take time for a Thanksgiving Prayer. Do you?

See John Beagle's Blog for my Thanksgiving prayer this year.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 2:58pm
Yes we do. But we also pray over Christmas Dinner, Easter unless we are out. Seems we pray more at relatives houses and at home than out at restaurants.
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 4:12pm

The way my wife cooks, I pray before every meal!

Seriously though, when I was growing up, if my sister made it to the table first then we prayed, if Dad made it to the table first we didn’t.  He was raised Catholic and a religious person, but did not participate much in organized religion

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 4:25pm
I usually drive through Taco Bell and if you do that often enough you naturally learn to pray first.
Tony C View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 4:44pm
We do not which suprises me sometimes. We were born and raised catholic and went to parochial schools but for some reason religion was not displayed or discussed much. My parents and most of my siblings attend church regularly but for some reason we seem to keep it private.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2008 at 8:11am
Yes we do even if we go out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2008 at 8:44am
Yes we do/did - Oldest member starts and others add as desired.  Really nice giving thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic