FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tomorrow's Meeting at MUM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tomorrow's Meeting at MUM
    Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 9:12am

5:30-7pm at MUMa chance to voice your opinions, and more importantly to volunteer your services in a constructive way with a mix of old and new faces

a possible new beginning for everyone

I would hope that the board regulars would all be there to contribute in a positive directionnothing 2 lose and everything to gain

cya there!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 10:25am
I will plan to be there Spider. I will plan to offer a suggestion or two and may even volunteer in a constructive way depending on their approach to the "new" faces in the crowd. You will have to excuse me if I am rather cynical on this. Who will be presiding over this meeting? If the same faces, then probably the same approach and the same reaction from me. Hopefully not.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 11:55am
Is there an agenda?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 2:49pm

I've heard that Professor Harold Hill (Gary Conservatory Blue Ribbon class of '06) will be there to discuss how his highly regarded "Think System" can be used to save our city.

PS:  There is also a rumor that someone saw a POOL TABLE being delivered to our honorable ex-mayor Honest Dave's establishment.

Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 3:09pm
MUM has a pool table, Mike. :)
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 3:12pm

Marianne:  Just a wild guess here...but by any chance are you a librarian???

2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 5:21pm

looking forward to interesting time.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 6:27pm
So--where would u rather play pool?
At a university or in a bar?
very easy ?
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 7:05pm
I ask this before .... Does anyone know if there is a snow date for the event a MUM.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 7:59am
Mike, To answer your question: no.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 9:08am
vet--the same faces will open the meeting, though the subdivision of committees will be led by a newer younger group of very capable citizens from a variety of backrounds(many connected or familiar with the admin workings).

I see this all as supplimental to the workings of Council/admin., + there is SO much more to Mrs.Mort than her political leanings. She ihas been active 4ever in many beneficial activities to the whole community. Mr.Ashworth is hardly a political figure, and very open-minded and non-controversial imo.

If ya don't want to join in constructively, ya should probably just stay home and type 4 the message boards. This has nothing to do with jobs, Council,Admin or infrastructure AT THIS TIME.

I see it as a potentially good thing, though there probably won't be any such meeting this week.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 11:08am
OK Spider,since you know me so well, I'll stay home on your advice. If they're just going to talk about sprucing up the community with paint and fru fru, it wouldn't interest me anyway.Window dressing fluff to me. I see talking about the Council, infrastructure, and jobs as THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS that need to be addressed first- before the paint gets slapped on, before the flowers get planted and before the wonderful pretty things are put into place. Mort and Ashworth are probably wonderful people as you suggest, however,IMO they obviously don't know how to prioritize, in order of importance, what this city really needs. Again, I repeat, this activity should come further on down the road, AFTER addressing the more important issues that really matter to this city. Sorry we disagree on this subject.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 11:53am
once again vet--this is supplimental to govt. and admin.
Strictly citizen involvement in non-political situations--why is that a problem or hard to comprehend?
These cosmetic and non-municipal issues can lead to positive results also.

It's probably time 4 u 2 take your gripes to Council's citizen comments front and center.
Being repetitive on a couple of local internet forums with the same readers has hardly garnered a lot of support. I would wager that the Ashworth/Mort meeting will draw considerably more concerned citizens than the library meetings. What ever happened to those?
No--I do not know u well at all, nor do u know me. None of that matters.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 1:43pm

Middletown Pride meeting postponed to Feb. 4

By Staff Report

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Due to weather conditions, the Middletown Pride in Action informational meeting scheduled for today, Jan. 28 has been postponed to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 in the Johnston Hall Community Center at Miami University Middletown, 4200 E. University Blvd.

Co-chairs Sam Ashworth and Ann Mort ask that anyone working on a project or planning a project, send information via email to RMort@cinci.rr.com so a comprehensive list can be compiled prior to the meeting to share with those who attend. Send the name of project, contact person, phone, email and description of project.

Those interested in helping should email their interest and will be added to an email distribution list to receive information about opportunities and updates on progress.

Ongoing, new or prospective projects that improve the community are appropriate for the list.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 8:52pm
Ok Spider- You have made it perfectly clear that this is a non-political event. I UNDERSTAND. Cosmetic and non-municipal issues can lead to positive results? -I AGREE but in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't attack the more serious problems. As to your comment on taking "my gripes" to Council- been there, done that- just not recently. Found, like so many others, that it is a waste of time to talk to the types of people the voters seem to like running this city. Repetitive on a couple of internet forums comment-There are several people that post on both forums. Why am I singled out by you for that? I believe that you participate also and have voiced your disapprovals (your term- "gripes") on many occasions. Why are you asking me about the library meetings inferring that I was the organizer? I was a participant just like you were. You participated in several of those and I didn't notice you(or others) having any enthusiasm for continuing them. Why bring them up after all this time? A little shot maybe? This topic started with you alerting us to the meeting at MUM.
I don't know why this escalated into your apparent verbal onslaught when I asked about that meeting. You have a problem with me criticizing your buddies down at city hall? In your own words- "whatever Spider". You have something to protect in this city with your businessess and your relation with the city. I don't have to be buddies with, nor do I have to defend the people calling the shots. As for knowing each other- I agree. It doesn't matter.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 7:01am
I understand what you are saying vet, and for the most part agree with you.
The couple of times I went to the library affairs, you pretty much ran the show.
Not implying that you were the cause for local apathy.

I just see this new thing as a positive in a different direction.
Of course we have much bigger issues.

Much better to be friends and work towards  solutions that way.
Attack attack attack doesn't always accomplish anything

I am probably no happier with the situation than you are.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 7:04am
I have close to 1000 posts between these local forums.
And I really don't have that much to say
I wonder why I continue
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 9:35am
Spider,

I've been reading the "Dirty Dozen" participants of this blog for a few weeks and can't seem to understand why you guys don't just get together once a week and drink heavily.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 2:03pm
lol +

That whould be a scenerio very similar to watching the bi-weekly Council meetings

Actually, after watching those, I would expect a lot of people to go out drinking
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 5:25pm
Hey a little humor amongst the serious!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2009 at 6:56pm

Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

Hey a little humor amongst the serious!

HUH???

Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge,
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a pool table in our community.

In regard to the agenda for the postponed meeting, I guess that you missed my references to:

Professor Harold Hill; The Gary Conservatory Blue Ribbon Class of ‘06; The “Think System”??

The mayor’s new pool table; Marianne, the librarian??

Now someone suggests nights of heavy drinking!!!

Sure, first, medicinal wine from a teaspoon,
Then beer from a bottle.
An' the next thing ya know,
We’ll be shooting pool for money in pinch-back suits!

Then certain words’ll start creeping into our conversation.
Words like “swell?"
And “so's your old man?"

We’ll be fritterin’, I say we’ll be fritterin’ away

Our time drinkin’ and shootin’ pool

All the live-long day…

Instead of helping Cap’n Sam and Ann

Get things ship-shape!!

Oh yeah, we got trouble, trouble, trouble,
Right here in Middie City!
And that starts with "T"
And that rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool!!!