FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Boehner's Open Door Session 5/26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Boehner's Open Door Session 5/26
    Posted: May 26 2011 at 8:58am
John Boehner’s Open Door session will be at the Middletown City Building Conf. Rm. 2B at 1:30 p.m.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 10:13am
I am not a fan of Boehner. Don't think he has served ALL the people of SW Ohio since his days as a West Chester trustee in the 80's. Think he has taken care of his buddies in West Chester and has ignored Hamilton and Middletown completely. Don't understand why people keep putting him in office. JMO

Will Boehner be at one of these sessions someday or will he continue to send his little helpers? Why at 1:30PM, when most of us are working? Why not have an evening session when most of us could attend? Seems his office staff always schedules these sessions when nothing but retirees and people who have the luxury of being able to name their own working hours can attend. Makes one wonder if his office wants to avoid confrontation nor hear from the working segment of the public. Again, JMO.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 12:17pm
Vet,

Do you actually think that: 1) Boehner would actually know where Middletown IS, let alone come here? 2) That Boehner's  staff actually take anything back to him? 3) That Boehner actually CARES about anything other than travelling the country living like a prince on the taxpayer and Republican party dime?  If you do, I'm afraid you are sadly mistaken. I see absolutely no point in attending such a ridiculous sham!!! The reason that Boehner keeps getting re-elected is that he's a Republican and this district is so gerrymandered it would take an act of God for him to lose here!!!
midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 2:59pm
Wasn't aware this was going on.  I do have to agree that Boehner doesn't care for anyone or anything except West Chester snobs.  I certaily hope that someone asks why we are building a new SS Administration office building when there is a good one directly across the street.  At a time when we are supposedly "trying to reduce the federal budget" it seems like such a huge waste of taxpayer monies to buyild this new structure.  If they don't need all of their current space, perhaps the wiser decision would have been to do a bit of remodeling, close off unneeded space and then advertise for someone to lease the extra space.  This might have even helped to pay ther bills.  Who knows .... perhaps they could even have shared the cost of the rent-a-cop.  We all know that the old structure will be difficult to lease.  We don't really see any one group standing outside the former REX to lease it,   mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 4:37am
I agree with the posters who question the wisdom of this move by the SSA.

Also, the few times that I have been the SSA office, it has been nearly full.  At least that has been true of the waiting area. 

And of course we have the baby boomers just now beginning to reach retirement age.  Are they downsizing this office right at the time when the greatest number of people ever will be needing its services???

I hope that this plan has been well thought out.

Also, why build a new building when the city owns so much office space downtown with no apparent paying customers???  The bank building, the former Seniors' Center, and the CG&E buildings all come to mind.  Is City Hall saving all the extra space in these locations for free-loading "Friends of City Hall" instead of looking for actual paying tenants such as the federal government???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 7:19pm
Which is it "More or Less" ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic