FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not A Snowball's Chance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not A Snowball's Chance
    Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 12:18pm
Journal story......

Middletown native to run against Boehner

MIDDLETOWN —
Andy Hounshell believes he can do something no one has done ever: beat Speaker of the House John Boehner for his 8th District seat

WELL ANDY, GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU SON. A REPUBLICAN CAN RUN AGAINST BOEHNER AND NOT WIN, MUCH LESS A DEMOCRAT.

EVEN THOUGH NO ONE CAN ANSWER THE QUESTION "WHAT HAS JOHNNY BOEHNER DONE SINCE HE WAS A WEST CHESTER TRUSTEE IN THE 80'S TO HIS CURRENT SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE POSITION, HE WILL ALWAYS PULL ENOUGH VOTES HERE IN SW OHIO TO WIN HANDILY OVER ANY OPPONENT. DON'T KNOW WHY HE WINS SO EASILY. DON'T KNOW WHY HE HAS DONE SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG AND STILL CAPTURED THE VOTER'S HEARTS. HE HAS NO SUBSTANCE NOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS CONSIDERING HOW LONG HE'S BEEN AROUND, BUT, THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE IMPORTANT IN GETTING RE-ELECTED EVERY TIME. THIS IS OVERWHELMING REPUBLICAN COUNTRY.

NOPE, ANDY, YOU AREN'T EVEN GOING TO MAKE A DENT IN THE BOEHNER LEGACY AROUND HERE. NO ONE IS FOR NOW. WOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU WERE THE MOST DYNAMIC PERSON ON THE PLANET, BOEHNER IS ALOT LIKE TAXES..... NEITHER WILL GO AWAY.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 2:28pm
Yea what a pity!!!
squeemy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 10:51pm
perhaps the latest snowball could use Bob Ney's book to hurl a few hard and tight ones back at Boehner

"Ney’s most dramatic accusations are against his fellow Ohioan John Boehner...

He describes Boehner as “a bit lazy” and “a man who was all about winning and money. He was a chain-smoking, relentless wine drinker who was more interested in the high life--golf, women, cigarettes, fun, and alcohol.” He said Boehner “spent almost all of his time on fundraising, not policy.” He “golfed, drank constantly, and took the easy way legislatively.” Ney recalled Boehner handing out checks on the House floor and said his ties with a tobacco company were so tight that lawmakers could get free cigarettes from Boehner’s office. His golfing, Ney said, was “nonstop” and “paid for by lobbyists.”
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 10:57pm
People can dream cant they? I cant stand the man.Met him once and have to say,I think he actually think his sh*t doesn't stink.LOL  Im going to throw my vote toward Andy.Be the first time in a while since a mark will be on that part of the ballot.So Andy I wish you all the luck .
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 5:31am
Run Andy Run
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 1:04pm
Yea go Andy ! Just what we need is another democrat to help carry obamas water for him. Wonder if ole George soros will help finance his campaign ,Look to see a bunch of red shirted union members canvassing the streets for the next year and a half. I know Bhoener sucks in his own right but sorry I would vote for any one except a party line voting Obama ass kisser.
squeemy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 12:38pm
colonial powers are notorious for using tribal distinctions to maintain control - divide them and they'll remain conquered.

current flavors of partisanship between democrat and republican are no different than Tutsi and Hutu.

vote for the man not the tribe.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by squeemy squeemy wrote:

colonial powers are notorious for using tribal distinctions to maintain control - divide them and they'll remain conquered.

current flavors of partisanship between democrat and republican are no different than Tutsi and Hutu.

vote for the man not the tribe.

I would have no problem voting for "the man" if he weren't going to be just another Obama puppet, seems that's all there is in DC right now on both sides so I will keep voting for the party platform that I agree with the most although its not perfect it sure beats the crap the democrats are putting out. Nothing makes me think Andy would be any different then any other democrat there now.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 2:06pm
Bonehead kisses McConnell,Graham,McCain butt all the time.Sorry IMO I think that they ought to change the law that you can only serve 4 years as a Senator. Big smile 
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

Bonehead kisses McConnell,Graham,McCain butt all the time.Sorry IMO I think that they ought to change the law that you can only serve 4 years as a Senator. Big smile 

We know term limits will never happen as long as the people you want to limit are the ones voting on the issue, be kind of like you or me voting ourselves out of a nice plush job with great retirement (ain't gonna happen) but yea id support term limits. Bottom line is 90% of politicians stop representing those that elected them on election night.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 6:32am
Today's Journal....

Middletown man withdraws from race against Boehner

MIDDLETOWN —
The Middletown steelworker who wanted to dethrone U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner from his 8th Congressional District seat has decided against it because of conflicting interests.

Middletown native Andy Hounshell, 37, announced on his campaign website Sunday afternoon he is withdrawing from the race just two months after he announced his candidacy.

The time needed to run the campaign and the time he needed to give his family were beginning to compete, he said.

PROBABLY A SMART MOVE ON ANDY'S PART. NO ONE HAS ANY LUCK MAKING A DENT IN BOEHNER'S REIGN AS SW OHIO'S REP. I IMAGINE IT WOULD TAKE A POLITICAL VETERAN WITH SOME NAME RECOGNITION ON THE DEM SIDE, BACKED WITH SOME MAJOR BUCKS TO HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST SOMEONE AS ENTRENCHED AS BOEHNER. DEMS DON'T HAVE AND HAVEN'T HAD ANYONE LIKE THAT FOR DECADES. HE'S GOT THE WHOLE PACKAGE FOR SUCCESS ON A REPETITIVE BASIS. DON'T KNOW HOW YOU WOULD GO ABOUT UNSEATING THE MAN. DON'T LIKE HIM. HE'S DONE NOTHING FOR SW OHIO TO SPEAK OF. OTHERS LESS KNOWN HAVE DONE MORE FOR OUR AREA, BUT THE REPUBS IN THIS AREA KEEP PUTTING HIM BACK IN OFFICE. ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME TO REPLACE A PERSON WHO HAS SHOWN LITTLE LOCAL INTEREST AND CONCENTRATES SOLELY ON THE NATIONAL SCENE? WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR ALL YOU BOEHNER SUPPORTERS?.....WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR ANY OF US?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic