Print Page | Close Window

Sunset Park to Get Upgrade

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Community
Forum Name: Community Events
Forum Description: Post and discuss area events, upload photos and pdf.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1007
Printed Date: May 09 2024 at 12:05pm

Topic: Sunset Park to Get Upgrade
Posted By: randy
Subject: Sunset Park to Get Upgrade
Date Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 10:57am
A part of the Middletown Pride in Action initiative, Keep Middletown Beautiful has instigated a complete redo of Sunset Park this spring. A comprehensive survey was done of all the needed improvements—from weeds to major tree pruning.  Steve Lewis has invited 6-8 area professional landscapers to join him in donating their time and equipment to perform the heavier and more intricate pruning and landscaping jobs that should be done by professionals.  Work has already begun on those elements.  Later, volunteer groups will each be assigned a specific project to complete the revitalization of this major park on Bellemonte Street by the end of April.

http://www.middletownusa.com/view_news.asp?a=4091 - MIDDLETOWN PRIDE IN ACTION

Replies:
Posted By: Vivian Moon
Date Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 5:33pm
I thought that Sunset Park was part of Merrell Wood's "My Park" project.
Wasn't it his group and Keep Middletown Beautiful that did all the work last year at Sunset Park?

Posted By: MadisonMom
Date Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

I thought that Sunset Park was part of Merrell Wood's "My Park" project.
Wasn't it his group and Keep Middletown Beautiful that did all the work last year at Sunset Park?

My employee and I was talking about that today.
We believe it was inside the pool fence? I remember seeing photos at the KMB winner's luncheon 2 years ago.
Jeff Michel worked on it I believe.

Not sure what My Parks did.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 4:09am
Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

Not sure what My Parks did.

Probably the same thing that Sam and Ann will do--Take the credit!!
LOL

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: kingair
Date Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 4:43pm
Jeff Michel and Steve Lewis are doing this. Jeff is also landscaping the Fire Stations.Clap

-------------
Kigair200

Posted By: 2000+
Date Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 7:03pm
My Park through the Park Board adopted Sunsset last summer and will finish up their agenda this summer. The "Pride" thing will just take credit for what My Park will do with a church sponsorship. The Michele thing is orginated from the Keep Middletown Beautiful city efforts. 

Posted By: Middletown News
Date Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 10:28am
from weeds to major tree pruning....

This is a major upgrade?

-------------
Please like our http://www.facebook.com/middletownusa" rel="nofollow - Middletown USA Facebook Page

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Jonathan Haller Jonathan Haller wrote:

from weeds to major tree pruning....

This is a major upgrade?
Everyone at City Hall seems to think anything like this is something to CEL-A-BRATE!!!
Clown Clap Cool Clap Clown

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Print Page | Close Window