Print Page | Close Window

Kudos to the City!!!

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Manager
Forum Description: Discuss the city manager administration including all city departments.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1180
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 6:05am

Topic: Kudos to the City!!!
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Subject: Kudos to the City!!!
Date Posted: Apr 03 2009 at 5:14pm

Kudos to the City…from me??? From Mike Presta???

YES!!! I actually do try to “tell it like it is”!!!

I have been paying my water bill on-line for years now, so I was surprised last weekend when I couldn’t log in to look at my account. I tried all of the usual things that may be the culprit when one cannot log into a site where one has been able to do so regularly for a long period, but nothing worked, so the next business day (this past Monday) I called the City of Middletown’s water department’s billing number.

I explained the problem to a pleasant young lady named Diane (I apologize for not remembering her last name) and she spent a reasonable amount of time with me going over the situation and trying to isolate the problem before calling in a gentleman from the IT (Internet Technology?) department. The three of us worked a while longer, also to no avail, and I was advised that they would have to have another person from IT get back to me.

A short while later, a Mr. Burke from IT called me. He was already up to speed on the problem, but he briefly went over it with me again to be sure that he had a correct understanding of the trouble I was having. We tried a couple of quick fixes, then he said that he would have to get back to me. And he did!

Mr. Burke called me back a couple of times a day with questions and/or suggestions until the problem was finally solved today, Friday afternoon, AFTER 4:00 pm!!!!

Diane also called me at least once every day to make sure that IT was following up on the situation!!!

I must say that all parties remained very pleasant throughout this frustrating affair.

The City performed quite well in this instance. In fact, they EXCEEDED my expectations. Yes, I said that!! Me. Mike Presta.

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 9:57am
Hence the phrase- " Every dog shall have it's day". Apparently, even at city hall, miracles are achieved once in a lifetime! Now, we wait another decade or so for the next "correctly handled" event from our friends in the city building.

Posted By: scrapmonkey
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 12:14pm
Thats great that they "did their job". It is very rare today for something like that to go smoothly. Even my ISP problems never go that good.

-------------
scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran

Print Page | Close Window