Forum Name: Local Sports
Forum Description: Discuss Local High School Sports
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2252
Printed Date: Mar 29 2024 at 11:38am

Topic: Can anyone help?
Posted By: Blue Monkey
Subject: Can anyone help?
Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 3:50pm
I'm trying to find a picture of the Magic Middie Wizard. I cannot find a picture anywhere. Does anyone have one or know where to find one?

-------------
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566

Replies:
Posted By: Upper90
Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 3:58pm
The guy walking around at games?

Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 4:06pm
Yes, the Middie Wizard.  Not the musle man... the wizard.

-------------
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 6:34pm
No photos of "the wizard" exist. He is only seen at games, no one knows who he is or where he's from. You can't take pictures of "the wizard". LOL

Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 7:09pm
You are right Hermes.  What is a Middie?  I came across a web site that talked about the most obscure School Mascots and A Middie was mentioned and no one had a clue what it was.  Definitely one of the head scratcher Mascots and school names around.

Posted By: da120757
Date Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 8:21pm
I have pictures of the Middie Wizard from back in 1993-1995 but will have to dig them out.

Date Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 12:56pm
We are making a special shirt/hoodie for the playofs at the Blue Monkey. The Wizard was an idea I had to be put on the shirts.... (hence the Middie Magic) I am a Middletown Graduate and I have never seen the Wizard on a shirt. i thought it would be cool to do one.

By the way.... the new shirts/hoodies will be on sale Thursday and Friday. These hoodies will sell fast. Stop in and check them out. We're located in Kitty Hawk Plaza.

-------------
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566

Posted By: rngrmed
Date Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 3:12pm
The Middie is short for Midshipman.  Why a Midshipman in a landlocked town is a good question

Posted By: sportsnut
Date Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 4:07pm
The history of the name is based on a local newspaper reporter that coined the term as a shorter nickname for someone that is from Middletown. Opposed to say "Middletonian" he coined the term "Middie" and it stuck.

Posted By: MadisonMom
Date Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 9:58pm
Isn't that the Middie Wizard on the band trailer? Whoever did the trailer should have the artwork.

Print Page | Close Window