Forum Name: Community Revitalization
Forum Description: Middletown Community Revitalization News
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2454
Printed Date: May 09 2024 at 6:47pm

Topic: Section 8 Inspections
Posted By: Vivian Moon
Subject: Section 8 Inspections
Date Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 10:57am
    I was talking with a gentleman that owns a few Section 8 housing units and he told me that the new inspection group had been to one of his properties. The woman that did the inspection was from Cincinnati and the inspection of the house took about 20 minutes. He stated that this inspection was no more or less than any other inspections that have been done on his properties in the past by Leon. This was a standard HUD inspection.
    The City keeps telling us how “Business Friendly” they are...if this is true why do we continue to give contracts to outside vendors while we had people living here in Middletown qualified to do these inspections?
    Why doesn't the City do more to support our local businesses?

Replies:
Posted By: Nelson R. Self
Date Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 11:55am
Hello Miss Vivian -

How bizarre that you'd post something similar to my own recent experience!

I had an unexpected and brief discussion yesterday with with an acquaintance who owns many units of Section 8 housing here.  This non-Middletown resident, whom I encountered at an area restaurant, told me that he was pleased with the new Section 8 inspection consultant.  Unlike Leon and other C.O.N.S.O.C. staff, he said that they do a fast walk-through of rentals and don't "nit pick" landlord properties like what was the case before this $140,000 out-of-town consultant was hand-picked.

Go figure ??  Is this another example of "improved" quality control ??

Print Page | Close Window