Print Page | Close Window

Now I Have Seen It All

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2489
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 5:43pm

Topic: Now I Have Seen It All
Posted By: jag123
Subject: Now I Have Seen It All
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 8:08pm
Going into tonight's council meeting, there were 3 votes against the severance package. After the Executive Session and the actual vote, all were for it? What gives? Maybe pressure from the new Vice Mayor?Question

Replies:
Posted By: Nelson R. Self
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 8:28pm

The average Middletonian remains "in the dark" insofar as the inner workings of local government is concerned.  Some of our elected officials and certain senior City staff maintain a stranglehold on the flow of Information thereby controlling the citizenry.  The future of Middletown is questionable at best in my opinion.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 9:06pm
Dark forces at work,you either allow the darkness in or you perish.

Looks like they all agreed to follow the force. Geek

Posted By: rngrmed
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 10:58pm

If the City of Middletown is going to offer these employees severance packages, why not go ahead and have them work one more (equal to the package), then lay them off?  The employee has one more month of pay and the City gets the productivity.  Why pay them for not working?

Posted By: transplant
Date Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 11:15pm

missed the council meeting tonight but good question.  they would have one more month of health care too.  have to wonder if all options were presented and what happened behind close doors.  i appreciate the thoughts from those who are/were employees on this site as we rarely hear from senior staff or commission members. 

Print Page | Close Window