Print Page | Close Window

Price gets Second Look in Saginaw

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Schools
Forum Name: School Board
Forum Description: Discuss the board individually and as a group.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2495
Printed Date: Apr 25 2024 at 8:46pm

Topic: Price gets Second Look in Saginaw
Posted By: Middletown News
Subject: Price gets Second Look in Saginaw
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 11:35am

Residents of Saganaw can meet each of three finalists for Saginaw School District superintendent following public interviews, including Dr. Steve Price.

On Jan. 12, Steve Price, 54, will answer questions from school board members. Price worked for seven years as superintendent of the Middletown Local Schools before being forced to leave that job earlier this year.

The board seeks a successor to Thomas N. Barris, who retires in June.

-------------
Please like our http://www.facebook.com/middletownusa" rel="nofollow - Middletown USA Facebook Page

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 2:24pm
For Saginaw's sake, I hope they don't look "too hard" in his direction. Don't these towns who are interviewing potential supers ever send someone to talk to the citizens about a candidates performance while there? You know the local newspaper nor the school board either won't or legally can't tell the truth about the performance, but the real truth lies in the comments from the parents of the kids in the district where these candidates came from. Can't rely on resumes, accomplishments nor "positive comments" coming from authorities alone to get the total picture of what you would be getting. Same for us here in Midd.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

. Don't these towns who are interviewing potential supers ever send someone to talk to the citizens about a candidates performance while there? .
Vet,
LOL...that's a good one!!!

I fear that  other boards are much like our public officials.  Can you imagine them talking to citizens about ANYTHING???  They just "are not set up for that"!!!  Besides, they already know EVERYTHING.  What would they possibly need to talk to citizens about???

PS:  People who THINK they know everything are especially irritating to those of us who actually DO!!! Wink LOL LOL

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 3:59pm

Gee Vet just look at our own BOE.  Martin a finalist?  What did they do draw names out of hat.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 5:27pm
School boards don't do back ground checks,well unless of course your a lowly janitor trying to eck out a living and feed your children,then your put through an FBI,CIA, and local criminal investigative background check.

But for Super's & teachers who have sex with students and earn a good living no checks are necessary. Including a check on prior employment.

It would be "demeaning" to run a check on a Super or teacher !

Posted By: randy
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 5:35pm
Hermes, I agree The standards are crazy. I cant believe these are the three best for the job. Does anyone plane on attending tomorrow's meeting.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Posted By: Smartman
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 6:08pm
Randy,I will be there hoping the board does not make a terrible decision. The district needs to heal and under a qualified leader. We need discipline, and firmness that we have not had for years. It is hard to belieeve that these are the tope 3 from a nationwide search, Martin was a failure in Mansfield, and judging by the number of Mansfield folks commenting in the MJ blog, it must be true. They all can't ne making that stuff. Sommers, while a good administrator in a tech sshool, may have shortcomings in a public school. Most students at a tech school want to be there. While in publi school it is the direct opposite. He has no experience with atheletic programs, fine art programs and dealing with levies. I don't see him as good fit, nice man, not a good fit, a double dipper. Rasmuesan (sp?) looks to be the better fit. Wichita schools is a lot like us only bigger. He has dealt with the poverty issue, 70% of students on free and reduced lunches, discipline issues, and test scores and their are improving. He is an ambitious educator and may be the very breath of fresh air this district needs.

Posted By: randy
Date Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 7:25pm
I hope too see you there, come up and say hi.

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357

Posted By: Middletown News
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:21am
Frederick C. Clarke, one of three finalists seeking the job of Saginaw School District superintendent, appeared at 7 p.m. Thursday for an interview by the Board of Education.

Clarke, 43, is superintendent of the Albion School District in Calhoun County. Following his interview at the district Administration Building, 550 Millard, community members may greet him during a 30-minute social time.

The school board interviewed two other finalists -- Carlton D. Jenkins and Steve Price -- earlier this week. Jenkins, 44, is executive director of secondary and charter schools for the Beloit (Wis.) Public Schools. Price, 54, worked for seven years as superintendent of the Middletown (Ohio) Public Schools before leaving that job earlier this year.

Board members plan to choose their new superintendent at their Jan. 26 meeting at 5:30 p.m.

-------------
Please like our http://www.facebook.com/middletownusa" rel="nofollow - Middletown USA Facebook Page

Posted By: lrisner
Date Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:04pm
They are all idiot bureaucrats so what difference does it make WHO they pick. Until they LOOK outside of Education for a Leader, MCS won't have one. 

Print Page | Close Window