Print Page | Close Window

MPHA Meeting

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2569
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 7:36am

Topic: MPHA Meeting
Posted By: Pacman
Subject: MPHA Meeting
Date Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 10:12am
At last MPHA meeting Mr. Laubach made the comment that he would like to have a discussion by the MPHA Members about the future of Section 8 in Middletown and where they saw it going.  Mr. Laubach wanted the discussion to take place during a televised MPHA Meeting.

Some on the MPHA and Admin appeared to not be to keen on this idea and stated that it would be talked about at the "RETREAT" though I don't' see it mentioned on the quasi agenda.

I would implore Mr. Laubach to continue to push to have this discussion at the MPHA Meetings which are televised for all citizens to see.  This is an important issue for the future of Middletown and the Business community and should not be relegated to a backroom meeting out of the Public view.

Replies:
Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:31am
I'll second that motion Pacman. If the city leaders have nothing to hide about anything why does it seem that the biggest percentage of deals are made out of the public view ? I know that council is well aware of the public concern on section 8 as well as other matters, but it's beyond me why they won't face the public on these issues. If they feel that it's a waste of their time to answer questions then why in the world would they even run for office ? You don't take a job then tell your boss no I'm not working for you,I just want the paycheck & perks. (now even though that is exactly how DC politicians work)

Print Page | Close Window