Print Page | Close Window

Hickman is SMARTEST MAN ON MONROE CITY COUNCIL

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2718
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 11:02pm

Topic: Hickman is SMARTEST MAN ON MONROE CITY COUNCIL
Posted By: Murdock
Subject: Hickman is SMARTEST MAN ON MONROE CITY COUNCIL
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 8:36am
MONROE — Some Monroe residents are questioning why the city is continuing its fight against SunCoke Energy.

City Council voted 6-1 on Tuesday, Feb. 23, to approve an emergency resolution to appeal the SunCoke Energy air permit recently approved by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency that gives the green light for SunCoke to build its $360 million coke plant. The lone dissenter was Councilman Todd Hickman.

I want to thank Mr. Hickman for being true to his word and for voting NO on wasting any more of our tax dollars on this lawsuit!!! Mr. Hickman displayed leadership, courage, conviction and common sense by voting NO last night!!! We certainly need more leaders like Mr. Hickman!!

Thank You Mr. Hickman for being a true leader!!!! Hang in there and don't be swayed or intimidated by the 'good old boys' on Council!!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 10:45am
Of course he is! He agrees with your position, therefore, he is smart and a leader. fascinating and compelling logic. Said sarcastically.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 1:26pm
Oh, THAT Hickman.

I thought he was referring to DWAYNE Hickman (The guy who played Dobie Gillis.)  Now there was a THINKER!!!

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 9:20pm
I thought he meant coke-snorting Fred Hickman who used to be on CNN and ESPN.

Print Page | Close Window