Print Page | Close Window

Historic Cemetery Status??

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Manager
Forum Description: Discuss the city manager administration including all city departments.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2793
Printed Date: Jun 11 2024 at 6:46pm

Topic: Historic Cemetery Status??
Posted By: NRS
Subject: Historic Cemetery Status??
Date Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 5:09am
It's my understanding that Miss Vivian, her legal counsel and others will travel to Columbus next Wednesday to speak before the State of Ohio board that oversees cemeteries.

Concurrently, City of Middletown senior staff will provide this Board with details on their past/present "efforts" in caring for the Middletown Pioneer Cemetery.

I also hear that a grant application for some of the cost of restoring the Historic Cemetery Vault was re-submitted to the Middletown Community Foundation recently.

Good luck Miss Vivian and kudos to you for standing up for what is right.

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 7:08am
Will be interested in hearing the Middletown senior staff "details on past/present efforts in caring for the cemetary". Should be an imaginative explanation to the Board as to their role in it's upkeep and should give us a glimpse of how they will react to the questioning. The old "deer caught in the headlights look" comes to mind here.

Posted By: NRS
Date Posted: Mar 12 2010 at 8:28am
Viet Vet -

Thanks for your ongoing support of Miss Vivian.

Her campaign for the City to take proper care of the Historic Pioneer Cemetery means so much those who have loved ones buried there.

On another note, your dear wife remains in my daily thoughts/prayers and best wishes on her continued recovery.

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Mar 13 2010 at 2:12am
One wonders if city staff will be "set up to take questions" from the Cemetery Board next Wednesday.

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: Bobbie
Date Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 8:21pm
Is there any update on this topic?

Print Page | Close Window