Forum Name: Middletown Area Businesses
Forum Description: News, Information from and about area businesses
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3127
Printed Date: Apr 19 2024 at 1:23am

Topic: Cohen Bros.
Posted By: 409
Subject: Cohen Bros.
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 9:55am
I see where Cohen Bros. has moved it's retail scrap buying operation to the old Crystal Tissue location on the south side. Anyone know if they are planning on eventually moving the whole operation to this location?

Replies:
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 11:09am
I don't really trust my memory on this, but there is a "jog" in the city limits down there.  Isn't that property actually OUTside the city??? 

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 1:25pm
Good question. 

My guess is probably not. They've invested heavily in their property along University over the years. 

Someone, not sure if it was the Akers family, had started the Crystal Scap Processing (don't think that was the exact name).  My guess is Cohen gobbled up that operation.

During the discussion of the Grand Avenue RR crossing closure, one of the Council members asked if anyone knew how Cohen felt about it.  The reply was "They think it will be good for their business."  Doesn't sound like a comment from a company looking to vacate  .

Posted By: 409
Date Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Good question. 

My guess is probably not. They've invested heavily in their property along University over the years. 

Someone, not sure if it was the Akers family, had started the Crystal Scap Processing (don't think that was the exact name).  My guess is Cohen gobbled up that operation.

During the discussion of the Grand Avenue RR crossing closure, one of the Council members asked if anyone knew how Cohen felt about it.  The reply was "They think it will be good for their business."  Doesn't sound like a comment from a company looking to vacate  .
You're probably correct. I had forgotten about the Grand crossing. With that in mind, if the crossing is closed (probably a sure thing), I can envision the section of Grand between Richmond and the tracks being deeded to Cohens.

Print Page | Close Window