Forum Name: About Middletown
Forum Description: History and information about Middletown, Ohio
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3135
Printed Date: Apr 29 2024 at 3:35am

Topic: Middletown Photographic Points of Interest
Posted By: minderella
Subject: Middletown Photographic Points of Interest
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 3:32pm

I've been asked to put together a photo collage of Middletown. I live in Cinci and was hoping to spend a few weekends up in Middletown wandering around with a camera. Do you guys have any suggestions for local architectural and community interests? I'm looking mostly for local landmarks, neat signs, iconic buildings, etc. Thanks all.

Replies:
Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 3:37pm
Central and Broad Streets downtown would be a good place to start.

Don't forget the http://mybikepath.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/1-9-miles-of-new-bike-path-in-middletown-ohio/%20 - new bike path .

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 8:41pm
Mansions on S. Main St.- The Jug- 70 years of history- Roosevelt School on Central before they decide to tear it down. The basketball court at Sunset Park where Jerry Lucas and many notables like Oscar Robertson played pick-up games in the summer- The Manchester where many notables including Presidents stayed. Barnitz Stadium where many a fine football player was groomed for stardom in college and the pros- The lock at Engle's Corner depicting the Miami-Erie Canal that ran down Verity Parkway- Third longest runway in Ohio (is that right??) at Hook Field- what's left of Sorg Paper- Starglow Drive-In on Rt. 25 although it is now a truck trailer storage area- the Liberty hotdog place downtown Central Ave.- check the alleys in the downtown area for old signs on the sides of the buildings. The old Anchor restaurant building corner of Central and Clinton (?)- the old fire station on Crawford St. not far from intersection of Crawford and 1st Ave.- Goldman Park corner of Highland and Roosevelt- Nice secluded homes on Thornhill Lane. Charles Hook Mansion on the Alameda. Sorg Mansion. Mike- Spider- help me out here.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 9:46pm
Better get here quick or all your going to see is empty lots because of all the demolition.

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 7:39am
Minderella, are you doing only the Good or the Good, the Bad and the Ugly? 

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 9:47am
Stephen Vail Middle School (old Milddletown High School).

Anything ARMCO/AK related including Research Center and former HQ

Old hospital site on McKnight

Posted By: Richard Saunders
Date Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 9:19am

Prithee, take an image of my abode, as I yearn to list it upon that venerable roll of Historic dwellings, and therefore garner contributions from the tax collector to refurbish it.

Posted By: minderella
Date Posted: Jul 16 2010 at 1:45pm
Wow. Thanks you guys. This is a great start.

Print Page | Close Window