Print Page | Close Window

2 birds, 1 stone???

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Council
Forum Description: Discuss individual members and council as a legislative body.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3399
Printed Date: May 16 2024 at 8:02pm

Topic: 2 birds, 1 stone???
Posted By: Mike_Presta
Subject: 2 birds, 1 stone???
Date Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 5:50am
There will be a meeting of the Middletown Tea Party movement at 6 PM on this coming Thursday, October 28, in the Community room of the Middletown Library.

This may be an opportunity for some of you folks to join Paul Nagy and I, and see what this small Middletown group is about. 

I promise that there will be NO pleadings for donations or arm-twisting to join ANY national political party. It is all about smaller constitutional government, less taxation with fiscally responsible spending, and a free market economy.  (Much like what many of us rant about on these very pages!!)

On the other hand, some of these MIDDLETONIANS haven't followed local government as closely as they should have, and we could open their eyes.  And these folks are VERY, VERY good "signature-getters" for causes that they believe in.

If nothing else, I know that they would give us advise on how to fill up those petitions with good signatures!!!

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Print Page | Close Window