Print Page | Close Window

Heard Through The Grapevine

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown Area Business
Forum Name: Middletown Area Businesses
Forum Description: News, Information from and about area businesses
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3436
Printed Date: Jan 27 2022 at 12:37am


Topic: Heard Through The Grapevine
Posted By: randy
Subject: Heard Through The Grapevine
Date Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 4:55pm

Rumor has it that Chickfila is coming back to Middletown; It will be located in a preexisting business as a kiosk.



-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357



Replies:
Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 6:22pm
is this one of the exciting new developments that council has been mentioning lately?  Ermm


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 9:36pm
I think this was generally expected when the closed that they would reopen.

Although I had heard they would be building east of 75 in the Commerce Dr. area.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 6:29am
Well the "grapevine" speaks the truth...more to come soon!

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 11:14am
Patti, does this perhaps mean an outlot in front of the Premier Fitness a your Midd Shopping Center?? 


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Rumor has it that Chickfila is coming back to Middletown; It will be located in a preexisting business as a kiosk.

Rally's?  Dunkin Donuts?  Both would need to be expanded.


Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 2:39pm
Sounds like a WalMart deal.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 6:24pm
Nope! Think much smaller scale and closer to home...

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by PattiGal PattiGal wrote:

Nope! Think much smaller scale and closer to home...


How are you saying nope too?


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 7:54am
...Not sure what you mean, SW

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 9:03am
oops who not how.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 9:23am
Walmart

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 10:22am
thank god. i wouldn't have wanted to go into wal-mart :)

But east, west, south, or north--wherever, I'm bound to be at the new CFA


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 10:28am
Glad to hear it, SW! More info coming soon...

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 10:47am
I drove down to the one at Tylersville Road after a trip to outlet mall.

It was a disaster. Hopefully service/delivery will be much better at the new Middletown store.


Posted By: Neil Barille
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 11:37am

So is it in the Walmart or outside?   



Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 1:26pm

That is what I said yesterday Neil but I thought Patti said no.  Now I am confused.  It sounds like it is the usual Walmart type of deal to me.



Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 2:57pm
It's not in the Walmart. It will start out as lunch only...and not EVERY menu item at first....more soon

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 5:25pm
Is this going to be like when they sold the Chick-fil-a sandwiches out of the little Ice Cream shop, Little Dipper, that was located in the the KittyHawk Plaza parking lot  at Marie & Elliott.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 5:57pm
Regular sandwiches...spicy sandwiches...possibly chicken salad...fruit...chips...combo meals....maybe more....

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 10:26am
Chick-fil-a has entered into an agreement with UDF's nationally, like Subway does with many gas stations. The CFA will be in the UDF downtown. Also, Five Guys and Panera are planning on moving into vacant buildings downtown in anticipation of the increased traffic from PAC and Cincinnati State. No Walmart for Chick-fil-a, but UDF. Can't wait for Five Guys to open.  


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 10:55am
Is that a joke about Five Guys & Panera being downtown? With Cincinnati State I can see that happening, but can't tell if you're just pulling our legs. Five Guys is pretty expensive with $12 for a burger and fries. Their food is incredible, but the demographics for downtown don't seem to match up.

It would be nice if The Liberty opened back up with Cincinnati State coming to town. Do the Valens still own it? Central Pastry should team up with Starbucks, like it is at Kroger Marketplace.


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 11:11am
Damn Rhodes we already have more Coffee shops going in than customers downtown.  One at the PAC and one at the Seminary and you want a Starbucks to boot.LOL  Isn't PAC suppose to open in 2 weeks according to their original Timeline.....has anyone seen any progress down at PAC.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 12:54pm
Sorry to call you out acclaro, but you are wrong. Chick Fil A will NOT be opening at UDF...

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: vannestmom
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 4:19pm
Tongue very gld to here about chick fill a coming back. that used to b fun catching the bus with my children out to the mall to get sandwichs we got to do that once a month Clap

-------------
"think before you judge"


Posted By: wannaknow
Date Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 9:14pm
PattiGal if you know all about it then why not just say where it is. I mean they will want customers to anxiously anticipate their opening. Why is everything such a big secret on this site? People hint or imply hiding behind different monikers. Good gracious it's a restaurant.


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 12:44am
Pacman, not the same thing. I can't believe some of you people need every single little thing explained in detail. Based on an earlier post, there was mention of a Five Guys and a Panera opening because of Cincinnati State. I then made the comment that if that did happen, it would be cool to see The Liberty re-open and then I suggested Central Pastry teaming up with one of those Starbucks kiosk type situations. I don't care how many coffee places open or say they will open. Central Pastry is a very busy bakery/donut shop, not only in Middletown, but very busy for southwest Ohio standards. If a coffee shop had any chance of life downtown, it would be in a partnership with Central Pastry.

For future reference, because some people come up with a bad idea for a business, it doesn't mean a better idea with the same type of business isn't doable.


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Damn Rhodes we already have more Coffee shops going in than customers downtown.  One at the PAC and one at the Seminary and you want a Starbucks to boot.LOL  Isn't PAC suppose to open in 2 weeks according to their original Timeline.....has anyone seen any progress down at PAC.
 
Rhodes you really do need to get a life.  Most people on here who read the above post I am sure saw the Laughing face and would take tje post as a joke or sarcasm.  Not you, as usual you get all bent out of shape.


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 7:25am
Down boys....business people are trying very hard in Middletown...regardless of the outcome...right Spider?

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 10:45am
Pacman, I read your post and got it exactly as you meant it. It wasn't a point of whether or not it was a joke, my point was that you didn't "get it". As evidenced by your newer post, you didn't "get it" again.

Maybe if you had posted less than 2,000 times on this site you might not have to worry about whether others have a life or not. While you're chomping on that, keep the posts off me and on the topic. I'm not interested in a back and forth with someone who has posted over 2,000 times and I can't even remember one post by you that was significant.


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:27am
correct Ms.Patti
though I am sinking like a stone
nothing seems to work well in retail right now
 
amazing what happens when u put a pickle on a chicken sandwich
chick filet was always a quality business prior
I would think that the n breiel rallys location would be best, and the owner needs to move that property.
or in your center would be nice--but why there?
same chick filet owner?


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 12:11pm
Rhodes,
         Your discourteous manner is only exceeded by your ignorance and stinking attitude. The fact is Pacman has had many significant posts regarding many significant issues and has made a far greater contribution solving a host of problems that you couldn't begin to understand or deal with. You want him to keep the posts off of you and on the topic but all you just did was attack him personally. The fact that you didn't get his sense of humor the first time you read his post that troubled you makes me wonder why you didn't accept his later  explanation for it. Do you have an ego problem or something? You may not be interested in a back or forth with someone who has posted over 2,000 times but there are a lot of us that are.
        Pac, please keep posting. Your opinion is always backed by logic and facts. We need more of that,  instead of this kind of attack by Rhodes.
        Rhodes why don't you apologize to him and get on the issues yourself?
         If you want to make personal attacks, try me. I'm your boy.
         Paul Nagy


Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 2:30pm
Hey heres an ldeal ,for the northside of town that has lost Mcgees,Daveys,Moms market to name a few,Why doesnt someone open up a store like umm say Save a Lot on this side of town lots of us poor folks can not afford to buy every day items at Marsh and dont wan to take the time to drive across town to one of the big box stores.


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 5:50pm
come on bo
already 2 savealots in a town thant can only support 1
is that drive too far?
 
there is a reason that everything in that area has closed--lack of support
there are not many people around willing to invest a lot of $$, work long and hard to lose $$ just so you can grab a quick pack of cigs, a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs every so often


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 7:56pm
(Rumor has it that Chickfila is coming back to Middletown; It will be located in a preexisting business as a kiosk.)

Spider...what if I tell you the pre-existing business is mine...?


-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 9:27pm
Paul, mind your own business or maybe you are. I could barely get through the first 3 lines of your post. You don't seem to understand the difference between defending from being attacked with an attack vs. outright attacking. After torturing myself to get through your post, you seem to share Pacman's lack of understanding. For instance, I never said there was anything wrong with posting 2,000 times. I just made the point that someone posting over 2,000 times should maybe think twice about saying others should "get a life". You and Pacman sure seem to share a lot of the same logic and that's all I'll say on that.

As much as I hate to continue this back and forth, let me just clear up one more time, since at least 2 of you (or 1) are rather slow. Pacman was not "joking" in his initial post to me. He put the smiley face as a haha since he thought I was suggesting a 3rd coffee shop for a downtown with no population. What I actually suggested was Central Pastry teaming up with a Starbucks kiosk type deal IF Cincinnati State happens. So if Pacman was making a joke, it was a stupid joke because it didn't fit what I actually said. What he did do was try to be sarcastic about "another" coffee shop idea. FAIL

So Paul/Pacman, one in the same or whatever, get over it and move on. There's nothing you can say back to me that is going to be worth responding to, so take this as my last post on this Pacman/Paul back and forth waste of time b.s.


Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

come on bo
already 2 savealots in a town thant can only support 1
is that drive too far?
 
there is a reason that everything in that area has closed--lack of support
there are not many people around willing to invest a lot of $$, work long and hard to lose $$ just so you can grab a quick pack of cigs, a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs every so often
Yea you are right sadly,but I would say lack of support for business goes for most of middletown ,what a sh*t hole it has become lol.


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:04pm
    Why Rhodes,
             You disappoint me. I prefer to mind your business when you are trying to belittle someone else for your lack of ability to tell when someone is joking with you or not ---and innocently, I might add..  I'm sorry you can't read well enough to barely get through the first 3 lines of my post. Others got through the first three lines and called me almost immediately.  My dear friend you are even wrong when you say,"You don't understand the difference between defending from being attacked with an attack vs. outright attacking. I understand that perfectly. What you don't understand is when you are being attacked or being joked with. Everyone else understood it but you. So instead of understanding you were being joked with you went on the attack. No one else did.
               Also, my dear friend, please don't be masochistic. Don't torture yourself trying to get through my posts. If they are to hard for you I shall be happy to write slower. There is no need for torture. Its not all that serious.
               Again, you are wrong when you say that I seem to share Pacman's lack of understanding. I don't share his lack of understanding. I shared his total understanding when he was trying to have a little humor with you.
                 Further, you were insinuating that there was something wrong with his posting over 2,000 times. If not, what was the purpose of the remark except to belittle his posting over 2,000 times.
                If you hate to continue this back and forth, why don't you just quit it and write about something else but please write slowly and use some humor so us slow folks can keep up with your speedy intellect.
                I probably concur with you that "If Pacman was making a joke, it was a stupid joke....." Hasn't anyone explained Randy's rules to you. Everyone is allowed to make stupid jokes on this forum except for he and Hermes about the Bengals.
                Just for your information I and Pacman are not one and the same and please don't torture yourself reading that. I don't have the sense of wit, brilliance, courtesy or intelligence that Pacman has but I'm delighted for you to put me in that kind of company.
                Now, since you said there is nothing we can say back to you that is going to be worth responding to, we will take your word that this is your last post on this.  So, we shall continue to write to those on this forum who value freedom of speech and humor. We shall miss you. Please change your mind and join us again. You have shared some really good ideas on several occasions when you left your ego out of it. So please leave your ego out of it and come alone and we will enjoy your blogs. Thank you in advance.
                 Paul Nagy     


Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 3:30am
Sheesh!!!
 
I take just a week off and look what happens!!!  All of you people are at each other's throats. Big%20smile
 
Oh well, another day or two and I'll be back, then you can all pick on me and leave everyone else alone!!!! LOL LOL LOL


-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 8:34am
Thank You, Mr. Nagy.


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 8:37am
If the girls are done consoling each other, can we get back to whether or not Five Guys & Panera are going to be downtown or was that a joke?


Posted By: Nelson...Himself
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:24am
I know first-hand about one frequent MUSA participant and his confrontational tendencies.
 
When I post new data about wasted HUD funds, I always know he'll "Go Negative On Me."
 
That holds true even if my information is directly from the Community Revitalization Dept.


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:35am
Nelson, the last time you made a post posting information from HUD and the City Site I asked you a question or made an observation about the info and you went back and deleted all of the info you posted.
 
You say I have gone negative on you, I say the city is taking a different tack in dealing with the forclosure issue staying within the guidelines as set forth by HUD. 


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:42am
Hello Rhodes,
        I'm with you. Can anyone please tell us whether or not Five Guys and Panera are going to be downtown?
        Thanks.
               pn


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:44am
wow--Rhodes is a bad guy now?
I don't see it that way.
 
the mj trolls are accomplishing their goal to stir up and distract this forum.
then pac and Paul want to insult in long form.
 
shame shame shame
 
keep yer eye on the ball and yer head in the game
divide and conquer is one of the dark siders' methods--will u allow it to work?
 
ate at the 5 guys in cville--not the best burger that I have had, but better than most chains.
I like Panera, and would expect either/both to do very well here, except that they have no $1 meals--far from it.
 
best to pattigirl and her venture--so would yo co-habit the site, or would you vacate?
Or would you become a chick filet operator?
 
guilty rhodes as I near 1000 posts in 3 1/2 years here.
I have promised myself to be out for good by  1000, and I will follow through this time
so I am trying to limit my ramblings
this place and my thinking has caused me enough grief with others in town


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:53am
Excuse me Spider but where is my Long Form insult, I must have missed it or been asleep when I typed it out last night.  Some assistance from you would be appreciated.  Or are you referring to my what one or two sentence rebuttal to Rhodes and then bowing out and letting him rant.


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:55am
Spider,
        I don't think Rhodes is a bad guy - before or now.  I think he just crossed the line in his attack and insults on a blogger. I just responded to him in the same length he responded. He has every right to say anything he wants and so do we and so do you, even when we are wrong. There is no shame on any of us.
That's what open debate is all about.  I appreciate your coming to his aid but he did just fine. I think he makes positive contributions here like the rest of us do on occassion. Long live Middletownusa!
         pn


Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 10:34am
spiderjohn, I want to let you know any "eat" you may be catching on the 'dark' side is more than compensated for the realists and non shills for city hall, several which are well educated, well regarded, and disenchanted by the total collapse of city council and city hall to turn the corner in Middletown. What you have stated is exactly correct in many circusmstances, and shared by many. I won't name names, but assuredly, some of the most respected and educated physicians, business owners, et al, share your sentiments. I sincerely hope the number of posts doesn't constitute whether to trudge on, as you have encouraged many in the community to get involved, and you have nothing to apologize. You have been a realist, wile also being a cheerleader for Middletown, so why anyone on the 'dark side' whose numbers are dwindling, would scape goat you is again, compensated for many who gained additional respect for you and your position.
 
I have not always agreed with you in certain situations, but you speak the truth. Your point on the renewal on the school levy was correct. At the last moment, I changed my vote to yes, only because as you correctly stated, Middletown would be an absolute mess if the school system suffered anoher blow. Although not deserving of the support, the reality was defeating the levy and the continued new ballot issues would just keep the ciy from recovering. Your logic was correct.
 
I have no idea if any progress or desire is there to suppplant a council member. It seems many have ADD- concepts and actions are started, but never finished. But, your offer to take over a position was generous, and you would have many supporters. As for PAC and Cinci State, considering all aspects of downtown and the wrecking ball trend, probably not a bad deal for the future. Jury will be out many years if it will be a success, but if marketed correctly, it does at least help put a finger in the dike, just liek passing the school levy helped show others there were attempts to turn Middletown around.
 
As for Nick Kidd's views on the city's actions, I would suggest reading Ohio code and caselaw, and if there are violations, retain an attorney to investigate. Middletown has gotten a clean slip for years on the audit, so I view that pushing a rock up hill, but, if the state statues are clear, maybe there should be some house cleaning.
 
As O'Reilly would say, you are viewed as a patriot, not a dark side 'pinhead'. As for 5Guys and Panera, as you said rather eloguently, the $ menu is far more appealing (and affordable) than dropping $8-$10. @ either for the demographics in the city. But....and there is always a but (sorry, a 'Presta' cloakism), Steak and Shake and their $4.00 deals are every bit as good a 5Guys, with the triple. Don't ever expect either Panera or 5Guys to make it to Middletown.      


Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 1:33pm
"Your point on the renewal on the school levy was correct."

Shocking, acclaro.  I can't believe you did a 180 on the school levy!



Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 2:41pm
acclaro...."at the last moment,I changed my vote to yes, only because as you correctly stated, Middletown would be an absolute mess if the school system suffered another blow." IMO,the schools have been an absolute mess for over 25 years. A little late to think about the devastation of a levy failing, isn't it?

"Although not deserving of the support, the reality was defeating the levy and the continued new ballot issues would just keep the city from recovering. Your logic was correct." Again, whether we pass or fail a levy, they are just going to keep coming at us for more money. There is no situation that will keep the school people off the taxpayers back and out of our wallet. School people don't care how much it affects the general public financially. They are in their own little world that encompasses what THEY want and to hell with the citizens budget. To give them what they want, especially with the poor performance they have produced, hardly is logical, just to salvage what?....the remnants of a once thriving city's school system. In it's current condition, and the way it is currently being run, this town is too far gone in image, reputation, area status and in potential repair, to consider having a decent school system as making a difference. It could be the best school system around the area, but that will not trump the mess created from the city building. JMO


Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 3:23pm
Unfortunately, very true Vet. Had nothing to do wih persuasion of the argument, just felt at least it showed some temporary stability. Felt I'd share it as sj was getting some heat from the 'dark side'. Middletown's image just too far gone to ever see it return to glory, and throw in the AK lock-out and the financial meltdown, and Ohio's - 400K jobs, its just a dismal future. Must be Bill Murphy doing some behind the scenes work for Middletown, reeling in PAC and Cinci State (said with sarcasm). All that shuffling and no train in Middletown.     


Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 3:46pm
Whatever happened to Bill Murphy.  I met him and liked the guy but don't know if he fled for greener pastures (probably) or was pushed out (doubtful -- does anyone get pushed out of the city bulding other than Nelson Self?)


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 12:57am
Spiderjohn, I wasn't picking on people that post a lot. I only brought it up because Pacman said I needed to get a life because I didn't go along with his lie that he was being funny. Then I had to deal with 2 crybabies trying to put me in my place. Double FAIL. Both forgettable and probably both the same person. Either that or they sure do like to stroke each others hair.


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 3:30am
Ah, Rhodes,
       There you go again showing your nasty side. Now, it is obvious that you brought it up again just to cause trouble on this forum. You have sunk to a new level of low, which is your intention by saying that Pac was lying about being funny. Pac's post  itself stands against you and shows that you are a small, dirty thinker about others. Especially, about Pac. All of us that know him from these (2000) posts know his integrity. What we are finding out is your lack of it. You are the only crybaby in this matter and that is so obvious by your continuing this foolishness. You also deliberately lie when you say we are the same person because we have told you otherwise and most everyone has seen us in public numerous times.
       Randy, Rhodes is crossing the line. I have no intention of lettng him try to bully and continuously  belittle anyone on this site. Its obvious he wants to give a bad name to this site.  Disagreement is fine character assasination is not. It seems to me there is a delibeate effort going on to sabatoge this site. Look at Tomahawk's posts with Vannestmom and add it to Rhodes rantings.
       Paul Nagy    


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 9:07am
Oh, FML... Dude, you come off insane. Mind your own business, nobody is even talking to you.


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 9:15am
Rhodes, my on-line friend, I know absolutely that Mr.Nagy and Pacman a not the same person, and are both very well-informed well-intentioned citizens. Are either of them using other screen names also? Ask them yourself.
 
I really don't see much substance to this disagreement other than egotism and ruffled feathers.
Can we get ONE  coffee shop downtown first?
 
Looks like Mr.Verdin is in no rush to open his facility as hoped and mentioned by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Why should he be in a hurry? He has the improved building and a quarter mill $$ expense money(probably invested it in the market or gold--making a great return). So does he have title yet, and who will pay utilities/taxes? A mid-winter start-up in Jan/Feb will be slow at best. Can't see out-of-town artists traveling through the weather to work in that quiet part of town still with few amenities.
 
So--no train--no PAC--no coffee shop--soon to be no Manchester--hmmmm.
And a proposal to put new storefronts on those properties that recieved new storefronts just a few years ago? If the property owners had maintained the last improvements(or opened a business to utilize the gracious improvemts), this would not be in ther mix. Will Council/Admin REALLY follow through with this waste of taxpayer $$ again? Hard to believe. Maybe 26 former downtown area "stakeholders" will speak up for this project also, so they can once again have their properties subsidized. Little wonder why they goose step to Council/Admin.
 
jmo


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 1:55pm
Talk about insanity! You tell me to mind my own business and in the next breath you tell me your not talking to me. If thats not insanity I don't know what is.
Why don't you just keep your word and not talk to me?
Paul Nagy


Posted By: randy
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 3:26pm

Here I started a topic about a new business opening, and this is what it has turned into… ridicules. The whole point was to share some info about Chickfila coming to the Middletown shopping center and opening inside Patty’s Cards and Gifts.

 

You guys turn it into some discussion about coffee shops downtown. No one even said congrats to Patty’s for helping bring back Chickfila, so I will be the first. Congrats to you.

 

Let me reply to a few things really quickly, I do not have time to police this site all day (as I have other jobs that I do as well) but I will not put up with name calling and childish actions and comments. This is the last place in Middletown for residents to come and debate, share ideas and post there thoughts on others ideas, so treat it that way.

 

We are going to have disagreements on MUSA, that’s life but can act like adults about it.

 

And Rhodes I can confirm that Pac and Paul are not the same people. I know them both.

 



-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357


Posted By: Bocephus
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 8:29pm

Sorry I missed the part about where the chickfila was going,Gratz Patti I am sure you will be seeing myself and family love their sammiches.



Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 9:58pm
Thank you, Randy!!

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: tomahawk35
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 11:24pm
Paul, I don't know why you brought my name into to this pi$$ing contest, just like I told vannest I wasn't belitting her (if she is for real)I just wondered if someone was using this site to pretend to play games with everyone.If she is for real,more power to her.Like I tell everyone at work, no matter what the situations I'm the only one  responsible for my bills.


Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 1:05am

PattiGal:

It takes courage to undertake such a venture during times as unpredictable as those we are currently enduring. Please accept my wishes for success beyond your most optimistic expectations.



-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 4:28am
Spiderjohn & Randy, just to make it clear... I wasn't really concerned if those 2 were the same person or not. I just thought it was strange that 2 grown men would need to cradle each other that way on a message board. And since Nagy appears to be easily riled up, it was just something to keep him huffing & puffing about. As I've stated on this board before, I never ever go after the true identities of anyone who posts on this board. I like it anonymous, whether people use real or fake names is not important.


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 5:32am
Tomahawk35,
           I felt the manner in which Vannestmom was making personal remarks about you was also crossing the line. She wasn't sticking to the issues you were discussing. I never felt you were belittleing her. Her responses to you were odd at best and I also wondered if she is for real and /or someone was using this site to pretend to play games with everyone. I didn't mean to imply anything else and I apologize if I led you to think otherwise.
Always appreciate your responses on this site and the responses of so many others seeking and providing answers.
           Thank you.
            Paul Nagy


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 6:02am
Rhodes,
        Apparently you don't get it, even yet. Just to make it clear...You were making personal attacks on someone. You misconstrued his humorous blog and accused him of making personal attacks on you. But you went too far and in my opinion crossed the line and were bullying him and engaging in character assasination of someone we all know to be a fine person.. I don't like or encourage bullies. I wanted you to know how out of line you were and the trouble you were trying to cause. I would have and will do the same if I thought it was being done by anyone else to anyone else, including you.. If you weren't concerned "if these 2 were the same person or not why did you keep bringing it up? No one was cradling anyone. I haven't seen or talked to Pacman in a year or two. He is quite capable of handling anything on this forum. I just didn't like the way you went after the messenger istead of the message. You keep making comments in this matter that are personal and demonstrate your desire to attack personally. Such as, "Nagy is easily riled up, it was just something to keep him huffing and pufing about". Friend, you couldn;t be more wrong! I'm not easily riled. When I am you won't have to wonder about it, you'll know it,  I promise. So, huff and puff on that.  Also, I always write under my own name. I don't write under any anonymous names. I do that intentionally to take personal responsibility for what I say. I have no problem with those who write under other identitites. I understand that there is good reason for that in many cases. You are right when you say, "whether people use real or fake names is not important'. I would add  - most of the time.
              So, Rhodes, why don't you drop it. Even as recently as yesterday, you wrote a couple of excellent blogs that were about serious matters on this forum on other issues. I and others have said that to you all along. Why don't you continue to do that and let's move on. If not I will respond accordingly.
             Thank you.
              Paul Nagy
 
               


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 8:21am
Paul, you butted into something that wasn't any of your business and now you are still carrying on like a crazy housewife that never shuts up. Lord have mercy.


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 9:49am
Rhodes,
         You are the one still carrying on like a gulity conscience looking to console yourself instead of being man enough to admit you were out of line and ending the matter. You even defame housewives. Your the one who doesn't shut up. You're keeping it alive. Why don't you shut up on this and the matter will be over.
Be assured I will continue to respond as you do. I have tried to hand out the olive branch of peace to you  but you just keep insisting on being nasty. You reap what you sow.
           Paul Nagy
          


Posted By: tomahawk35
Date Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Tomahawk35,
           I felt the manner in which Vannestmom was making personal remarks about you was also crossing the line. She wasn't sticking to the issues you were discussing. I never felt you were belittleing her. Her responses to you were odd at best and I also wondered if she is for real and /or someone was using this site to pretend to play games with everyone. I didn't mean to imply anything else and I apologize if I led you to think otherwise.
Always appreciate your responses on this site and the responses of so many others seeking and providing answers.
           Thank you.
            Paul Nagy
Paul, Thank you I am not on this site to belittle anyone,just like  I told Mike after the open house I have never  involved myself with any politics. This site has given me the opportunity to see the backhanded way that the majority of people in this town has been treated and I am on board to correct this misjustice and see a better group  lead this town in the right direction because it is a total disaster.


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 5:13am
Paul, I'm starting to think you might be a little psychotic. Aren't you the one that tried to take down Laura Williams a while back because she wasn't professional enough? If that's true then after reading the way you whine on here might make you a hypocrite.

By the way, getting the last word on a message board does not put you in the winner position. I won this battle 3 or 4 posts ago.


Posted By: Neil Barille
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 6:56am
Rhodes/Paul, I think I can speak for all of us and say we are tired of your argument.  And it's a boring argument at that .  Just go away!


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 7:35am
Rhodes,
        The only one that has whined on here is you. You couldn't be more wrong about the Laura Williams matter.  You'd say anything to get the last word.
         Neil, I agree with you. The greatest insult you can give anyone who isn't reasonable is to ignore them This has indeed been boring. This is my last word to him on the matter.
        Paul Nagy
      


Posted By: Rhodes
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 7:47am
I thought it was just getting fun. I take down 2 crazies and a 3rd one shows up.


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 8:20am
Ah,  Rhodes you haven't taken anyone down.  Most of us have enjoyed watching you make an ass of youself and that is the only thing you have done and done quite well I must say.   Keep up the good work.Thumbs%20Up


Posted By: randy
Date Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 11:17am
OK thats it the back forth bickering is done ......move on all of you!!

-------------
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com" rel="nofollow - www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357


Posted By: vannestmom
Date Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:00pm
paul NAGy, i dont no who u think u are some sort of moderator?! i never said anyhting mean to tomahawk. he started in on me. all i wanted to do was say how happy i am about chick fill a comin back. and i get attacked! talking about me being poor and askin about how i can afford to take my kids there. that is not his business!!!!! he tried to talk down to me so i had to put him in his place
 
to the lady bringing it back thank you. we miss those sandwiches. and it is closer to my house!Smile thanksThumbs%20Up


-------------
"think before you judge"


Posted By: TudorBrown
Date Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Rhodes,
         Your discourteous manner is only exceeded by your ignorance and stinking attitude. The fact is Pacman has had many significant posts regarding many significant issues and has made a far greater contribution solving a host of problems that you couldn't begin to understand or deal with. You want him to keep the posts off of you and on the topic but all you just did was attack him personally. The fact that you didn't get his sense of humor the first time you read his post that troubled you makes me wonder why you didn't accept his later  explanation for it. Do you have an ego problem or something? You may not be interested in a back or forth with someone who has posted over 2,000 times but there are a lot of us that are.
        Pac, please keep posting. Your opinion is always backed by logic and facts. We need more of that,  instead of this kind of attack by Rhodes.
        Rhodes why don't you apologize to him and get on the issues yourself?
         If you want to make personal attacks, try me. I'm your boy.
         Paul Nagy





Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 6:56pm
Would someone be so kind as to explain how to begin a new post? I can't intuitively figure it out, unless you have to post so many times before it launches. I think some new posts beginning are way over do. Nothing will change PAC. Cinci State probably still in holding pattern, but may move fast. Vet says correctly, the city needs the high tech, emergimg market jobs. Great in theory, but will never happen. NCR dsiappeared to Georgia, and most of the others are in non union dominated states. Simply running out of topics to discuss, and its the same points (including mine). Vet, on house decline, had mine appraised last week, $20 Kk below what I paid in 1989 in one of the city's nicest neighborhoods. Verdin doing the hoods for one reason- to create pr that gets attention---only reason hoods on building. Stuck on the topics and surprised Mr. Nagy and Rhodes were biting each other, boredom and frustration setting in. The lack of organization is as much of Middletown's problems Vet as is the incompetence of city hall and council. No organization---no progress. Next topic PLEASE.


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 7:20pm
Heard a rumor that Clark Shaeffer Hackett was bugging out also to go north a few exits. A few more nice houses and active community leaders gone with them. Anyone else heard this?


Posted By: Pacman
Date Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 7:35pm
acclaro this is how I do it, there may be other ways: 
 
1) sign in
2) click on Forum in the top left corner
3) choose a topic there are about 8  Like "City Council"
4) choose a sub topic under "City council"
5) click on "New Topic " then enter a title and your new post


Posted By: Marlayne Skeens
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 5:19pm
WOW !!!!!
My Brain is spinning !!!!
How can Randy go from talking about a business returning to Middletown and others take it to everything else. It was like playing Telegraph ~ whisper something into someone's ear, have them pass it on to see what the last person has to say ~ Well if I'm the last, I want you to know I am very glad for PattiGal's new venture !!!! PattiGal and her family business has been in this area for 25 + years supporting Middletown people and their  card/gift needs ~ They could have gone anywhere; however, they love Middletown and hope to move here someday. That's right, they could have moved closer to their home where people have more money to spend, which in turn most likely would have been more profitable for them. Patti Gal and her family have grown to love their customers and have put Middletown 1st. I for one am very happy that they stayed and I wish them all the best. I hope the kiosk does well for them. We need dedicated business people here in our town, even when things are at a low point in the economy. They are trying to stay afloat for us, as well as their selves. You Go PattiGal ~ You're the Best of the Best !!!!


-------------
I offer Professional, Ethical Service and a Smile,
while Following The Golden Rule ~ Thank You :-)
*For ALL Your Real Estate Needs Call Marlayne with Real Living Realty Services @ 513-465-6747


Posted By: PattiGal
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:39pm
That's the definition of a loyal customer and great friend...Thank you, Marlayne!!!

-------------
"Because nice matters..."


Posted By: Marlayne Skeens
Date Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:42pm
Thank you PattiGal ~
If I didn't mean it, I would not have said it ~ you and your family have been so good to so many ~ you deserve the very best Clap 


-------------
I offer Professional, Ethical Service and a Smile,
while Following The Golden Rule ~ Thank You :-)
*For ALL Your Real Estate Needs Call Marlayne with Real Living Realty Services @ 513-465-6747


Posted By: gemneye70
Date Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 1:03pm

I'm confused too...I just wanted to find out where the Chickfila was going to be...I can walk to your store, so hooray for me.

I hope half the things said to be going into downtown happen...
 
Now someone please tell whether five guys and panera were a joke or not...I like both...but too much five guys in airports is the reason i need to lose about 25 lbs.
 


Posted By: wasteful
Date Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 2:11pm
Maybe next time we just spit it out in the 1st 5 posts or so rather than play a guessing game about it.


Posted By: Observer
Date Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 3:40pm
Spiderjohn,
 
The rumor is true.  I think they will be in town for another 6-12 months before moving north to Springboro.  I have heard that there is a possible tenant for their current space.  However any deal with the tenant is a long way from any committment.


Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 4:37pm
observer--I knew that this was more than a rumor, I just didn't want to be the one to confirm it.
Moving to the new Austin exit is what I have heard.
 
MANY caring, involved and A1 citizens have come from that organization.
Maybe I am too old and tied to a different way, though the loss of this particular group saddens me.
This just creates more of a void in local leadership and individuals on whom to rely.
 
Well--if they want new clients..........


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 3:43am
Tudor Brown,
         You know better than most, that a text taken out of context  (as your post is) is a pretext. Pray tell us, what is your motive here?Question
         Paul Nagy
          


Posted By: TudorBrown
Date Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

what is your motive here?Question


Entertainment, 

I commend you on your ability to entertain!

Big%20smile


Posted By: Paul Nagy
Date Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 8:44pm
Tudor,
         I think you have got a great sense of humor. Your picture of the man and the bridge was hilarious. I thought since there was so much talk about art it would be funny to talk about it as an art piece. I'm not sure from the responses that many thought it was as funny as I did.
         We need your input and humor. Please keep on.
          Thanks for responding.
          Paul Nagy


Posted By: TudorBrown
Date Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Tudor,
         I think you have got a great sense of humor. Your picture of the man and the bridge was hilarious. I thought since there was so much talk about art it would be funny to talk about it as an art piece. I'm not sure from the responses that many thought it was as funny as I did.
         We need your input and humor. Please keep on.
          Thanks for responding.
          Paul Nagy


I appreciate that!

Keep up the good fight my brother!



Print Page | Close Window