Print Page | Close Window

School Attendance

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Schools
Forum Name: Other School Issues
Forum Description: Discuss other issues such as school security, student activities, etc.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3444
Printed Date: Jun 09 2024 at 7:25pm

Topic: School Attendance
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: School Attendance
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 6:35am
Today's Journal has some insight on the improvements on attendance at Middletown's 11 schools. More wisdom imparted.....

"Students can’t learn if they’re not at school,” said Debbie Alberico, district spokeswoman. “As a district, I think we’ve been reaching out to our parents more, and encouraging them to get their kids to school.”

"It adds a personal touch,” said Principal Greg Williams. “They’ll say things like, ‘Gosh, we missed Johnny today and we’re looking forward to seeing him as soon as he feels better"

Wow, all of these insightful quotes and we're only paying $90 thou + for Ms. Alberico's salary. What a great deal! Guess we can't have the super give us this bit of information, downsize this "spokesperson" position and save us the $90 thou + , huh? The super can't speak on behalf of the district? He sure does at levy passing time.

Replies:
Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 12:23pm
And to think these people went to college !! Sleepy

"Students can't learn if they're not in school", I'm shocked !! What a revelation !! I wonder if she read that somewhere or figured that out by herself ?

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Print Page | Close Window